Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jackthedon

Bot Detection Method (Insane theory)

14 posts in this topic

Before I go any further...I may be completely insane, stupid or simply plain wrong. This is all speculation.

I just experienced a weird occurrence on an account that I do not bot on.

In a nutshell, I was mining in the Mother-lode Mine and randomly it was as if my account became disabled. I couldn't move, mine the rock I was next to, message friends (could type the message and press enter but it wouldn't appear to send) or simply do anything. I sat there thinking okay i've dc'd, nothing else. Until people on my friends list were still popping up as logging in/out and I then noticed that other accounts were still running around, mining the veins and the rocks in order to bank, completely uncharacteristic of a disconnect (my opinion).

This lasted for approximately, if not exactly, 30 seconds at which point I was kicked off. I logged back in and no problems.

The experience has just lead me to believe that this could POTENTIALLY be a bot busting tactic. Someone shows unusually consistent game play in a bot-heavy area? Whack them with a 30 second disable and monitor their response to the situation in order to confirm. If unlike me, they didn't start spam clicking everywhere trying to move/mine and message people in an attempt to test for a disconnect etc then maybe it could flag them as a potential bot to be monitored more closely or simply ban them upon kicking them off afterwards.

I imagine most bots could become easily recognisable when held in limbo for 30 seconds.

That's just my crackpot theory on the event. Keep insults about my intelligence to a minimum please :)

That would be a very, very stupid way for jagex to detect botters. Mainly due to the fact that forcing that onto players while they are in dangerous area's would result in unfairly losing items when pking/bossing. It is most likely packets being lost when you are sending data to their servers.

@Starfox I don't imagine this would be implemented anywhere this isn't a safe zone. Areas like the Blast Furnace, Motherlode Mine, areas that are safe but bot-heavy it could easily be used in. Although I agree it could be due to packet loss.

@Enano25 Unfortunately not, I've no reason to be recording my gameplay :(

Personally I think it'd be a smart way to catch botters in these areas. The 30 second period is easily disguised as a disconnect and would be very difficult to be spotted manually on an account being botted. A comparison between the occurrence upon a real active player, and upon a bot would surely show a vast amount of difference between the two.

Again, just my two cents.

I dont have the best of internets and wen jagex servers are lagging or im lagging on occasion i wont be able to move at all but it looks like everyone around me can move/talk fine. if i type out a message it wont show up for like 20-30 seconds sometimes and then ill be dc'ed or it will go bck to normal

16 minutes ago, Starfox said:

That would be a very, very stupid way for jagex to detect botters. Mainly due to the fact that forcing that onto players while they are in dangerous area's would result in unfairly losing items when pking/bossing. It is most likely packets being lost when you are sending data to their servers.

garbage collection

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, godspower33 said:

I think you are exactly right, 

I agree with this guy

At a first glance this looks far fetched, but hey: anything is possible. 

In the past people refused to belive jagex looks at ips. Now it's common knowledge. 

Anything is possible, and we should keep our bot-eyes peeled for anything suspect. 

That is what I thought of aswell , not too long ago.

However, i was never able to catch one of bots getting banned in front of my eyes.

I wish there was more evidence so @TRiLeZ could do something against it.

this is bullshit. we all kno there is 1 jmod hooked up to an iv of cocaine that watches every single account ingame

1 person likes this