Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kachan

questions about runescape botting

4 posts in this topic

Hey there guys, I'm a returning botter from 2010 rsbuddy days!

Recently I've come across some free time and the idea of runescape botting has just played on my mind!

Back in the day I had a small bot farm earning a few mills here and there for my main. But now I'm thinking I could possibly earn some irl pocket money! Is anyone earning some pocket cash or some mega moula?

Im not asking for your methods for earning gp guys, but just asking if running a bot farm is simply worth while? Of course I don't expect it to be a walk in the park or else everyone will be doing it. 

Are there any successful bot farmers out there earning a comfortable living purely on the farms? If so how much effort is it to maintain your farm, ease of selling rsgp, rates to irl cash and the numbers of bots are you guys running at one time? What are the ban rates like? 

I've researched into basics such as requiring private/paid scripts with looking glass and running proxies etc.

What I'm not so sure on is the running times bots can be left running? I am aware of the usual less than 10 hours a day and no longer than 3 hours straight per session but can other methods that don't earn you xp in skills be detectable that you're botting? For example merch flipping bots that sitting at g.e? Can they be suicide botted? Or does the normal 10 hour days still apply?

Thank you to all who may read this and I look forward for your help!

On 2016-11-01 at 2:34 PM, kachan said:

Hey there guys, I'm a returning botter from 2010 rsbuddy days!

Recently I've come across some free time and the idea of runescape botting has just played on my mind!

Back in the day I had a small bot farm earning a few mills here and there for my main. But now I'm thinking I could possibly earn some irl pocket money! Is anyone earning some pocket cash or some mega moula?

Im not asking for your methods for earning gp guys, but just asking if running a bot farm is simply worth while? Of course I don't expect it to be a walk in the park or else everyone will be doing it. 

Are there any successful bot farmers out there earning a comfortable living purely on the farms? If so how much effort is it to maintain your farm, ease of selling rsgp, rates to irl cash and the numbers of bots are you guys running at one time? What are the ban rates like? 

I've researched into basics such as requiring private/paid scripts with looking glass and running proxies etc.

What I'm not so sure on is the running times bots can be left running? I am aware of the usual less than 10 hours a day and no longer than 3 hours straight per session but can other methods that don't earn you xp in skills be detectable that you're botting? For example merch flipping bots that sitting at g.e? Can they be suicide botted? Or does the normal 10 hour days still apply?

Thank you to all who may read this and I look forward for your help!

Hey, lots of questions in there which is good. I'm not gonna answer them all but the main question you have: is it profitable? My answer is - if you put enough time and effort in. It's not a quick buck, and it can be super frustrating, along with a decent size overhead if you are really working to make good money. 

At the start it's very unlikely you will make much, but keep working, and develop you own method for profit. Whether it's suicide botting, or long living bots. 

I believe I could live completely off bot farming if I tried. Based on hours I put in/profit for those hours - if I was to put in full days every day I can't see why not.

Just be ready for some losses before profit.

Edited by yojoedude
1 person likes this

Thanks for the reply, I plan on investing a bit and giving it a good go before I try make a profit like you say, but was just wondering if it was a waste of time! Much appreciated

EDIT***

Also has anyone got any info in RWT? Info like how to xfer bot farmed gold onto mules then onto sales chars would be helpful! Are chain bans dished out to chars that trade high amounts of gold to each other?

Edited by kachan

23 hours ago, yojoedude said:

Hey, lots of questions in there which is good. I'm not gonna answer them all but the main question you have is it profitable? My answer is if you put enough time and effort in. It's not a quick buck, and it can be super frustrating, along with a decent size overhead if you are really working to make good money. 

At the start it's very unlikely you will make much, but keep working, and develop you own method for profit. Whether it's suicide botting, or long living bots. 

I believe I could live completely off bot farming if I tried. Based on hours I put in/profit for those hours - if I was to put in full days every day I can't see why not.

Just be ready for some losses before profit.

Very nice and complete answer. Nice. :)