Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bonkie

VPS or Dedi?

Question

Been using vps's to bot but i feel like there just to slow and is making my goldfarm run half as fast as it can.

Would using a dedicated server to run my farm work better for more efficienty in-game?

And also what specs should i get for around 6 Looking-glass bots.

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

It's not 100% accurate, but you can yourself do the math. Multiply the cores * GHz of your current VPS and you'll know how much total GHz you need to run what your VPS is capable of doing right now. Then, do a simple equation to find out how many cores at what speed you need to run comfortably 6 LGs and look for a dedicated server with that specs. 

15 minutes ago, fleq6 said:

It's not 100% accurate, but you can yourself do the math. Multiply the cores * GHz of your current VPS and you'll know how much total GHz you need to run what your VPS is capable of doing right now. Then, do a simple equation to find out how many cores at what speed you need to run comfortably 6 LGs and look for a dedicated server with that specs. 

Unfortunately thats not very accurate at all as VPS share CPU but it is a start. Pretty much all other specs are over what you need, but the CPU is really what limits you.

28 minutes ago, bonkie said:

Been using vps's to bot but i feel like there just to slow and is making my goldfarm run half as fast as it can.

Would using a dedicated server to run my farm work better for more efficienty in-game?

And also what specs should i get for around 6 Looking-glass bots.

Thanks.

I personally use dedicated servers, VPS just simply dont have the juice for LG - However in my experience its hard to find something in the range your seeking. I tried one server and got 2-3 LG bots running well, but the one I use now is 11-14 depending on script. (barely double the price of the 2-3 server) If you want some details shoot me a message!

Edited by yojoedude

@bonkie unless your VPS uses KVM your resources are shared with other people. This will limit the amount of clients you can run and CPU needed to run them. A dedicated server does not have this issue. However, they are more expensive. So it all depends on the size of your farm and money it's bringing in. Basically use a cost - benefit analysis and decide if it's worth it.

I'd also suggest ALWAYS disabling graphics + minimizing the client. This reduces CPU drastically and will allow you to run more bots. If your bots aren't doing anything dangerous you can also up the client paint delay which lowers the FPS on the client, but reduces CPU a lot.

Edited by Montreal
1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Montreal said:

@bonkie unless your VPS uses KVM your resources are shared with other people. This will limit the amount of clients you can run and CPU needed to run them. A dedicated server does not have this issue. However, they are more expensive. So it all depends on the size of your farm and money it's bringing in. Basically use a cost - benefit analysis and decide if it's worth it.

I'd also suggest ALWAYS disabling graphics + minimizing the client. This reduces CPU drastically and will allow you to run more bots. If your bots aren't doing anything dangerous you can also up the client paint delay which lowers the FPS on the client, but reduces CPU a lot.

I use to always minimize clients - but I had severe client freezing. Have you ever had this issue? I found the amount of LG clients freezing went down considerably if they were active windows. Never close to max CPU, always up to date on java jdk.

51 minutes ago, yojoedude said:

Unfortunately thats not very accurate at all as VPS share CPU but it is a start. Pretty much all other specs are over what you need, but the CPU is really what limits you.

Well, that's true. If you have a VPS and don't know exactly what you're getting then as you said it's not accurate at all. The story is different if you do know exactly how much CPU power the VPS guarantees and monitor it yourself to make sure though.

1 minute ago, fleq6 said:

Well, that's true. If you have a VPS and don't know exactly what you're getting then as you said it's not accurate at all. The story is different if you do know exactly how much CPU power the VPS guarantees and monitor it yourself to make sure though.

Fair point