Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lets be friends

Can you choose when to take breaks?

10 posts in this topic

I was wondering when the built in break handler chooses when to take breaks and if it was possible to customize this. For example if you're in combat with something and it wants to take a break so it keeps logging out while in combat. I have a script that I would like for it to only take breaks when its at the bank or not in danger of dying. Is this at all possible? I noticed the Nightmare zone script will wait until out of the dream before taking the break.
Thanks.

I am confident that the build in break system will not attemp to force stop the bot if it will compromise the flow of actions.

Eg: will wait until out of combat/ will actualy run in a safe spot

2 hours ago, dragon.knight12377 said:

I am confident that the build in break system will not attemp to force stop the bot if it will compromise the flow of actions.

Hmm I'm not sure if I agree. I have been using a simple AFK script and when it is ready to break it does not move away from combat. 

9 hours ago, Doomed said:

You would need to ask the scripter to implement this

im talking about a script that im making. thats why this topic is in scripting tutorials. 
I just want to take a break without dying lol. 

3 hours ago, dragon.knight12377 said:

Yeh it takes a break whenever it feels like it and i will sometimes die. For example if I tele in to an area with agro monsters it will sometimes take a break right then, while getting smashed to pieces, when it should normally only be in that area for 10 seconds. 

Just now, lets be friends said:

im talking about a script that im making. thats why this topic is in scripting tutorials. 

Yeh it takes a break whenever it feels like it and i will sometimes die. For example if I tele in to an area with agro monsters it will sometimes take a break right then, while getting smashed to pieces, when it should normally only be in that area for 10 seconds. 

Implement the Breaking interface into your script, then in the overridden onBreakStart() function, you can handle logging out/going to a safe spot.

2 minutes ago, Deluxes said:

Implement the Breaking interface into your script, then in the overridden onBreakStart() function, you can handle logging out/going to a safe spot.

Would that just mean when the script is about to take a break you could make your bot do something? Or would it allow the bot to keep going until it is in a safe spot then the break occurs? I had a look for a thread about this before and couldn't find anything but i just saw this one about it then. All seems confusing, might be out of my league.

1 minute ago, lets be friends said:

Would that just mean when the script is about to take a break you could make your bot do something? Or would it allow the bot to keep going until it is in a safe spot then the break occurs? I had a look for a thread about this before and couldn't find anything but i just saw this one about it then. All seems confusing, might be out of my league.

You could probably have the onBreakStart method set a boolean to true, and have it run your loop inside there until you hit a breaking point. Once it reaches a break point and if the boolean is true, you have it break out of the loop and end that method.

1 minute ago, Deluxes said:

You could probably have the onBreakStart method set a boolean to true, and have it run your loop inside there until you hit a breaking point. Once it reaches a break point and if the boolean is true, you have it break out of the loop and end that method.

oh yeh would it work even better with onPreBreakStart? When its about to take a break, sets boolean to true and stops the script from looping and then onBreakEnd sets it back to false?

39 minutes ago, lets be friends said:

Sorry about that should have checked where it was posted:) Wish I could help but I'm a noob