Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dragon.knight12377

WHAT IF: jagex will give up bot busting

11 posts in this topic

So in the past days i have played Ultima Online, (for those of you who dont know, its a old mmorpg) and noticed the fact that you can make in game macros and use them.

Baically, the game allows players to build bots to do stuff,

What if some day, jagex will make the same decision and release botting feature in game, legit. (sounds soo Science fiction, buit stil.. )

I can't imagine what the consequinces will be.

Mabe the gold price will drop to a very low value due to over inflation and only goldfarmers with 500+ bots will make a decent profit?

Can't wait to hear your oppinions!

1 person likes this

Runescape is a company so profits come before anything else. Eventually when the community dies bot busting will die to as they cant afford workers.

Runescape profits off of micro transactions and memberships. RS will have to fire employees eventually  due to inability to sustain them. So give it 5 years or so and eventually be :

OFF

Completely Free to play - with heavy microtransactions - low support - bot - haven

Membership/Heavy Microtransactions/  easy botting or support staff due lower cost.

1 person likes this

Just now, Tanged said:

Runescape is a company so profits come before anything else. Eventually when the community dies bot busting will die to as they cant afford workers.

Runescape profits off of micro transactions and memberships. RS will have to fire employees eventually  due to inability to sustain them. So give it 5 years or so and eventually be :

OFF

Completely Free to play - with heavy microtransactions - low support - bot - haven

Membership/Heavy Microtransactions/  easy botting or support staff due lower cost.

Thank you for your input

No point in thinking about some far-fetched hypothetical situation.

Now a real possibility is when Jagex decides to start directly selling gold and xp at a rate that is just low enough that it makes the cost of operating a bot unprofitable. 

39 minutes ago, Cognizant said:

No point in thinking about some far-fetched hypothetical situation.

Now a real possibility is when Jagex decides to start directly selling gold and xp at a rate that is just low enough that it makes the cost of operating a bot unprofitable. 

This is a dangerous undercutting method, and probably isn't sustainable for Jagex. 

Of course there are many many more doomsday scenario, but i find this particularry interesting, because it's not far fetched! How?

Simple:

Even if jagex will always be anti-bot, there is a chance that scripters will develop a superior bot that mimics 100% of human behaviour (wich is highly predictible).

This kind of bot will never be detected, therefore everyone will mass bot as much as they please, resulting in the same effect of my first theory(jagex allows botting).

Not only Jagex will not detect the bot, but other players wont be aware too, since is behaving like a human.

Still sounds far fetched? Go search google any chat bot, chat with it for 5 minutes and tell me it's not like an actual human .

AI is closer and more powerful than we may think...

@Butta @JoeDezzy1 @leoshiro @Joux @Tanged Cant wait to see your thoughts on this subject :D

Edited by dragon.knight12377

On 10/27/2016 at 2:29 AM, dragon.knight12377 said:

Of course there are many many more doomsday scenario, but i find this particularry interesting, because it's not far fetched! How?

Simple:

Even if jagex will always be anti-bot, there is a chance that scripters will develop a superior bot that mimics 100% of human behaviour (wich is highly predictible).

This kind of bot will never be detected, therefore everyone will mass bot as much as they please, resulting in the same effect of my first theory(jagex allows botting).

Not only Jagex will not detect the bot, but other players wont be aware too, since is behaving like a human.

Still sounds far fetched? Go search google any chat bot, chat with it for 5 minutes and tell me it's not like an actual human .

AI is closer and more powerful than we may think...

@Butta @JoeDezzy1 @leoshiro @Joux @Tanged Cant wait to see your thoughts on this subject :D

I would claim it would never be released publicly due to the high cost of research and development and how lucrative it would be. Imagine a Zulrah script that was impossible to get banned for .. perfect 'AI' undetectable and etc. I bot the grows with every use and will not just mimic play but invent new styles . Also forget RS if AI was so advanced other larger games such as LOL would be overtaken. How could anyone play against a machine who have remember 1000 games perfectly and can make instant decision based on the most optimal task. .

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Tanged said:

I would claim it would never be released publicly due to the high cost of research and development and how lucrative it would be. Imagine a Zulrah script that was impossible to get banned for .. perfect 'AI' undetectable and etc. I bot the grows with every use and will not just mimic play but invent new styles . Also forget RS if AI was so advanced other larger games such as LOL would be overtaken. How could anyone play against a machine who have remember 1000 games perfectly and can make instant decision based on the most optimal task. .

In chess, for example, there have been developed bots that decimate world champions.

GP would drop as anybody could start a huge farm, but I think there would still be a big enough demand from staking addicts that it would still be worth it.  There will also be a group of people who disagree with the morals of botting ("why bot if you don't like the game?") type of people who look at it as cheating and cheating isn't fun.

Edited by Diabolic

10 hours ago, Diabolic said:

GP would drop as anybody could start a huge farm, but I think there would still be a big enough demand from staking addicts that it would still be worth it.  There will also be a group of people who disagree with the morals of botting ("why bot if you don't like the game?") type of people who look at it as cheating and cheating isn't fun.

Thank you for your input :)

I also think that if this will be done, the players that grinded 100% legit the whole game will be very very pissed off, as their years work is now something anyone can do afk effortless, so I think Jagex will never ever do this.

31 minutes ago, dragon.knight12377 said:

Thank you for your input :)

I also think that if this will be done, the players that grinded 100% legit the whole game will be very very pissed off, as their years work is now something anyone can do afk effortless, so I think Jagex will never ever do this.

Maybe, but history shows Jagex doesn't care if they piss the majority of players off (12/10/07 wilderness / free trade / staking gone), EOC, etc.