YoHoJo

[GUIDE] All About Proxies for Runescape Botting & How to setup Proxies with TRiBot

ziG63yW.png

Join our Runescape Botting Discord chat channel here
Check out these guides too:
How to Register Your Runescape Bot Account Through a Proxy
How to Expand Your Runescape Goldfarm with a Botting VPS

Disclosure: This guide contains affiliate links

You can check out this article, as well as other Runescape botting guides at Runescape Bot Spot.
Part 1: All About Proxies for Runescape Botting
Part 2: How to Use Proxies with TRiBot
If you'd like a video guide on how to setup proxies with TRiBot, we've got one here.

All About Proxies for Runescape Botting

Proxies are considered a must have by most gold-farmers. They allow you to mask your IP address, and split your bots over multiple networks. Using proxies is believed to reduce the risk of chainbans, and losing your entire gold-farm at once. This guide will cover everything you need to know about botting Runescape safely with proxies.

Our Favorite Runescape Botting Proxy Providers

We’ve tested and had great results with Runescape botting proxies from:

They all offer great connectivity, support, and have worked well in our botting tests.

Why do I need a proxy when botting?

Whenever you visit a website, you expose something called your IP address. An IP address is a unique number used to identify your internet connection. You can think of this like caller ID for telephones: whenever you “call” a website, they see the IP address you called from.

Common reasons to utilize proxies when botting:

• Reduce Suspicion: Botting multiple accounts on the same IP address may look suspicious to Jagex.
  • Reduce Risk: If one of your accounts happens to get banned, the others may also be at risk, since they are botting on the same IP address.
  • Keep your IP clean: It’s good to keep your home IP clean for your main, mule, or accounts you want to play legit on.

Using a proxy when botting Runescape helps avoid these gold-farm blunders.

So, what’s a proxy?

You can think of a proxy server as a remote computer with it’s own internet connection. When you use a proxy, you route your internet activity through the proxy’s connection, rather than your own. Using a proxy will hide your IP address from Runescape, and show the proxy IP address instead.

What should I look for in a proxy?

When picking a proxy for Runescape botting, you should make sure you’re getting a private SOCKS proxy. If that sounds confusing, don’t worry, we’ll break it down.

• HTTP vs SOCKS: These are the two different protocols proxies use. All you need to know is that Runescape bots use SOCKS proxies, so that’s the type you should pick. HTTP proxies will not work with Runescape bots.

• Free vs Shared vs Private: If you see any free proxies, stay away! The uptime & security of these proxies is not suitable for botting. Shared proxies are okay, but you risk getting a proxy used by another botter. Private proxies are best, since you get exclusive access to the connection.

How many proxies do I need?

The answer to this question is entirely up to you! The ideal split would be 1 proxy per 1 account, but this can get costly. Most gold-farmers use 1 proxy per 2-3 accounts for a good cost/risk ratio.

Example: If I had a gold-farm of 10 accounts, I could split them over three proxies. Two proxies would have 3 accounts on each, and the third proxy would have 4 accounts on it.

Proper Proxy Usage

It’s very important that you use the same proxy from account creation to account death. This means your account must use the same proxy on registration & every time it log in. Do anything else, and you’re not utilizing your proxy properly.

Check out our guide on Registering a Runescape Account through a Proxy (coming soon) to lear how to do this properly. We recommend using Maxthon Browser to create your accounts through a proxy. Then, utilize a bot to use your with a proxy account in-game.

Where do I get Runescape botting proxies?

Some of our favorite private Runescape proxy providers are listed below. They have great connectivity, support, and have been tested successfully for botting by us! If you’re ready to get proxies and protect your bot-farm from chainbans, look no further!

How To Use Proxies With TRiBot

This guide will cover how to run your bots through proxies on TRiBot. Running your bot through a proxy can help mitigate risk by avoiding chain bans and protecting your bot-farm.

Before getting started, we highly recommend checking out our All About Proxies for Runescape Botting guide. It covers everything you need to know about proxies, how they help you avoid chain bans, and trusted sources to buy your proxies from.

Our Favorite Runescape Botting Proxy Providers

We've tested and had great results with Runescape botting proxies from:

They all offer great connectivity, support, and have worked well in our botting tests.

1. Load TRiBot

Open TRiBot and click the Proxy button.

TRiBot Proxy Button - RSBotSpot

Proxy button on TRiBot loader

2. Enter Your Proxy Info

Click the Insert button to create a new row for a proxy. To enter your info: double click a cell, input the information, and press enter. Once you’re finished, click OK .

TRiBot Proxy Screen - RSBotSpot

Proxy settings button on TRiBot loader

3. Select your proxy

Now just select your proxy & log in!

TRiBot Proxy Select - RSBotSpot

Select your proxy before loading

That’s it!

If TRiBot loads up, congratulations you’ve successfully configured your proxy! Now all of your botting will be done through the proxy connection, and not your home IP.

Make sure to check out our All About Proxies for Runescape Botting guide to learn about all the benefits of proxies.

Where to get Runescape Botting Proxies

Some of our favorite Runescape botting proxy providers are listed below. We’ve tested each for botting

Some Extra Information

• If it’s your first time using a particular proxy, you may get a firewall prompt when running a script. If you do, just select “Always Allow” and hit OK. TRiBot has built in security, so it’s safe to “Always Allow” all connection.
    TRiBot Firewall - RSBotSpot

TRiBot Firewall Prompt - Safe to Always Allow

• To confirm you’re on a proxy, you can select View > Runtime Information in the TRiBot menu:
    TRiBot Runtime Information- RSBotSpot

TRiBot Runtime Information

Happy botting!

Buy Runescape SOCKS Proxies:
Now that you know all about the benefits of proxies for goldfarming & how to use them with TRiBot, it's time to purchase some proxies!

Get great SOCKS proxies for Runescape botting at:

I've tested and had a good experience with each of these providers.

Join our Runescape Botting Discord chat channel here
Check out this guide next: How to Register Your Runescape Bot Account Through a Proxy

Edited by YoHoJo
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Dumaisr12 said:

So I would have to run two separate Tribot windows in order to use two different proxies on two accounts?

That's the way I like to do it.

If you want to run multiple proxies in 1 TRiBot window, you could do that like this:
Load TRiBot without a proxy, select Client > New Client (Advanced) in the menu, which brings up this screen:
giJumTe.png
Fill it out to your liking, and repeat for each new client you want to load.

13 minutes ago, YoHoJo said:

That's the way I like to do it.

If you want to run multiple proxies in 1 TRiBot window, you could do that like this:
Load TRiBot without a proxy, select Client > New Client (Advanced) in the menu, which brings up this screen:
giJumTe.png
Fill it out to your liking, and repeat for each new client you want to load.

I believe I tried this but end up with the same IP on both tabs of the Runetime Information.

2 minutes ago, Dumaisr12 said:

I believe I tried this but end up with the same IP on both tabs of the Runetime Information.

If you load TRiBot without selecting a proxy on the loader, then Runtime Information will say Proxy:none
Give it another shot and see.

As far as I know, if you do it this way, there is no way to check what proxy a tab is using once you've set it.

1 minute ago, Fibbz said:

@YoHoJo Ain't that much like botting 2 accounts on ur ip address and waiting to get chain banned

Yeah, you risk getting a chain-ban if you bot multiple accounts on the same IP/proxy.
But all bans aren't necessarily chain bans, even if you do this, there's a chance you will not get chain banned.

People batch multiple accounts onto a proxy in order to save money.
If you want to be extra safe, then you can run 1 account per proxy, as many people do choose to do.
The risk-cost-benefit-ratio (so economics!) is up to you!

@dannybazzer check out this post 

On 11/2/2016 at 6:56 PM, YoHoJo said:

Yeah, you risk getting a chain-ban if you bot multiple accounts on the same IP/proxy.
But all bans aren't necessarily chain bans, even if you do this, there's a chance you will not get chain banned.

People batch multiple accounts onto a proxy in order to save money.
If you want to be extra safe, then you can run 1 account per proxy, as many people do choose to do.
The risk-cost-benefit-ratio (so economics!) is up to you!

-You don't have to use one proxy per account
-Most people do 2-3 accounts per proxy
-Yes you risk getting a chain ban

1 hour ago, dannybazzer said:

If wanted to run two accounts would I have to by to proxy a for different ip? Or can run of the one proxy

You need to decide for yourself if the money/time spent on the accounts are worth more or less then the price of a proxy! I personally do 1:1. But I will reuse a proxy if an account has been banned on it. I do this because 1 ban won't flag an IP - but I don't want to risk a chain ban.

Edited by yojoedude
  • Like 1