Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ung1v3npur3

Require premium scripters to have own accounts?

12 posts in this topic

I've seen alot of times when a script is broken and needs updating scripters ask for an account to borrow to fix it.

Isn't this pretty ridiculous? In my opinion if you own a premium script you should have accounts yourself to test your script if your updating or fixing it?

Edited by ung1v3npur3
2 people like this

And if their account gets banned? It's very time consuming to create new accounts every time one gets banned just to be able to run a script for 10 minutes to fix a bug. It is much more worth it to borrow an account to solve the problem.

1 person likes this

This thread is a little ridiculous really. Like if you're afraid of a scripter stealing your account then you overvalue your account. Scripter status is worth a lot more than a RS account. 

But for more practical reasons, chances are if you're using the account to try and bot using there script you'll have everything set up. All they'd have to do is log in and test, this means a lot quicker bug fixes for you. Especially if they don't own a main acc that can run it. 

Another reason would be that sometimes individuals may experience bugs specific to them which the scripter can't replicate without the use of the users account. Say the have a very specific skill or something. 

29 minutes ago, Starfox said:

And if their account gets banned? It's very time consuming to create new accounts every time one gets banned just to be able to run a script for 10 minutes to fix a bug. It is much more worth it to borrow an account to solve the problem.

IMO, not having a basic RS account to fix most issues of your script is unreasonable.

Perhaps if it is for a very high level requirement / addition borrowing is a solution.

But, it shouldn't be the customer's problem to help you fix a a basic issue. It's not that hard to buy an account on sythe or PlayerAuctions in a day or so, on the off chance that the account does get banned. (A scripter should also use his account carefully if it is expensive to avoid this).

6 people like this

Just now, Worthy said:

IMO, not having a basic RS account to fix most issues of your script is unreasonable.

Perhaps if it is for a very high level requirement / addition borrowing is a solution.

But, it shouldn't be the customer's problem to help you fix a a basic issue. It's not that hard to buy an account on sythe or PlayerAuctions in a day or so, on the off chance that the account does get banned. (A scripter should also use his account carefully if it is expensive to avoid this).

If it's a basic issue, you shouldn't even need an account to fix it. You only need to look at the code, and the report from the user.

2 minutes ago, Starfox said:

If it's a basic issue, you shouldn't even need an account to fix it. You only need to look at the code, and the report from the user.

My point still stands; you should have an account for at least 90% of your problems.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Worthy said:

My point still stands; you should have an account for at least 90% of your problems.

This is true, we're all guilty of it though and sometimes one account used to modify multiple scripts gets removed and can make things problematic. I usually like to train up accounts while I have a solid one and then leave the backups until I need them but having a good relationship with your users is definitely helpful.

3 people like this

59 minutes ago, Worthy said:

You should try to have an account, but if you don't have one it should not be mandatory to get one as soon as you possibly can; it's just not feasible. The scripter either needs to spend a ton of time to train one for their specific script, or spend money buying one which comes with problems other than just forking over money for it.

11 hours ago, Starfox said:

You should try to have an account, but if you don't have one it should not be mandatory to get one as soon as you possibly can; it's just not feasible. The scripter either needs to spend a ton of time to train one for their specific script, or spend money buying one which comes with problems other than just forking over money for it.

u should pay  to lend  acounts  to  make updates and you would have   NO  PROBLEMS to get acounts   its realy eazy djstarfox

6 hours ago, patoon17 said:

u should pay  to lend  acounts  to  make updates and you would have   NO  PROBLEMS to get acounts   its realy eazy djstarfox

hqdefault.jpg

1 person likes this

On ‎18‎-‎10‎-‎2016 at 11:54 PM, Starfox said:

So actually your saying people that use your premium script should let their account that they borrow to you get banned to get your premium script updated that you make a lot of money of?

1 hour ago, ung1v3npur3 said:

So actually your saying people that use your premium script should let their account that they borrow to you get banned to get your premium script updated that you make a lot of money of?

That is not what I said at all. Borrowing someones account to run a script for 5-10 will not get them banned.