Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MSO

Leespiker private script dispute

40 posts in this topic

1. Script Author: @Leespiker
  2. Link to Script's Thread: Deleted
  3. Date Purchased: January 4, 2016
  4. What type of duration did you purchase: Lifetime
  5. Proof that you have tried contacting the author about your issue(s):
    1. Screenshots: ContextAttempting to create a dealIgnoring itRefuses to agree or discuss alternative solutionsLast of 'discussion'Paypal transactionScript info page
  6. Issue(s): Updates do not come reliably; scripter does not update script for weeks or months at a time. The most recent delay was 58 days, and the script was broken the entire time. I asked for a refund because of this, as having a scripter disappear for so long and often when a script breaks can waste a lot of money if you're using servers/proxies/membership with your bots. He refused to refund me or come to some sort of agreement that gave me insurance that he wouldn't disappear for so long, so frequently. Additionally, bugs repeatedly recorded and reported still exist from the first few months of the script's existence, and real effort is only put into fixing said bugs once I become upset. Features of the script that were agreed upon initially before the payment process have yet to be added, nine months later, mostly because he wanted to fix the current bugs before he added the rest -- which, obviously, has very little progress despite the months of available time. Finally, a part of the script was paid for by PayPal which I was told is not allowed. 
Edited by MSO

I know it's against the rules to post here but I would also just like to add @Leespiker Is extremely inactive and does not respond to any messages. I have a private script from him that he took paypal payment instead of credits for which is against the rules, that has already been resolved though. He still is extremely inactive and does not even respond or come onto the forums at all, like OP said it is a waste of money if something breaks and we have to wait weeks-months for a fix and we still have servers/proxies. His status as a premium scripter should've been in question a long time ago. Simply due to the inactivity, taking paypal for private scripts and not maintaining his scripts premium and private.

Edit: He promised me he would update my script months ago and I haven't heard from him since. I'm sure i'm not alone amongst his customers. 

Edited by godspower33
2 people like this

It appears @Leespiker is currently away however I do not see any message for a leave of absence, we will give him until this Sunday to reply to the dispute and make corrective actions. Thanks

I was in the middle of fixing everything with you—@MSO—when you decided to post this.

19e0a057f1182efd0b482b2995627da5.png

I was waiting for you to make sure the main part of the script was working for you before re-implementing everything else to help eliminate potential issues that might arise. I'm trying to work with you. If you would be so kind as to work with me, the script may be flawless sooner than you think.

I was in the middle of fixing everything with you—@MSO—when you decided to post this.

Yes, the key-word here being "was." You said there wouldn't be any long delays in the near-future, and after you refused to discuss any means of negotiation, I gave you one, last chance. You failed. 

For context: After ending his 2-month absence, September 14 was the date he began fixing bugs again, and he seemed to be doing very well. However, only two bugs have been fixed since that date, and the last time he updated the script was on September 17. Here I would like to note that the two bugs that were fixed have been impeding the script for about 5 months, being included in almost every single bug-report that I've written, and were only fixed after I became upset about his absence - and were fixed within three days...

I was waiting for you to make sure the main part of the script was working for you before re-implementing everything else to help eliminate potential issues that might arise. I'm trying to work with you.

I made it clear that I was (and still am) busy with school and work, and I even asked you to work on the other bugs in the times I was gone, because I didn't want you to wait until I was present to work on the script. You agreed. On September 24, you said, to what I can only assume means, that you were nearly finished fixing the rest of the bugs (from July 5th). Yet, I'm still waiting to hear what you've accomplished since the 19th of September. 

1 person likes this

Thank you for confirming my complaint of inactivity, @Leespiker. This dispute doesn't appear to be of much priority.

Edited by MSO

While we wait for @Leespiker to return, I would like to offer additional information, context and clarification. 

I would like to make it clear that the absurdly long delays and frequent disappearances are nothing new. He is either travelling or busy almost constantly. This was going on since the get-go on the date of purchase and should have been an immediate red-flag. Two months in, and I was already beginning to see delays of 40 or 50 days. Then there's these delays, where I actually forgot that I asked for a refund early in April because of how often it was happening. Nothing came of it, and he continued to disappear and delay updates.

More context: The two bugs I mentioned above caused misdirections/path errors and incorrect-timing of prayer activation/deactivation -- both of which were frequently responsible for a good portion of total deaths. Also, I was wrong in my 5-month estimate of the existence of these two bugs, if it makes any difference... it was actually over 8 months.

Here is a pastebin page I made on January 30th that outlined all of the bugs from that date. 

1 hour ago, Leespiker said:

I messaged you—@MSO—on Skype 60 hours ago and have yet to receive a response.

You still want me to test the script for you, which I'm not going to do. I am disputing the current state of the script, so it wouldn't make any sense to help you progress the script.  That would only aid you in looking better at this point. 

I'm not responding on Skype because we are still in the midst of a dispute. Let's keep the conversation here.

1 hour ago, Leespiker said:

The script has been updated. Waiting on @MSO to test it.

It's really pathetic that I had to start a script dispute just to get my script fixed. The only reason you went out of your way to fix it, desperately going back through every single bug-report I've written and fixing the bugs that were previously ignored, is because you're under the pressure of the public eye. You have never done anything like that for me, nor would you have had I not started this. It pisses me off that you had the audacity to waste months of my time when you could've easily fixed ALL of those bugs within days. 

Even if ALL of the bugs are actually fixed, there is still all of the other issues I've listed against you. You have had multiple chances, @Leespiker... I am not giving you another one, and I don't feel like starting a script dispute every time I want my script fixed.

Edited by MSO

Just now, Leespiker said:

Sorry for the delay. Hopefully we can work together easily if anymore problems persist.

Here's the thing... I have had to beg and plead for you to fix things and, even then, some things would be ignored because you didn't feel like fixing them... Yet here you are, trying to make yourself out as someone who just wants to work out the problems and co-operate. Wow. 

Unless you have anything else to add to this 'conversation', I believe this can be concluded here.

7 hours ago, MSO said:

Unless you have anything else to add to this 'conversation', I believe this can be concluded here.

I agree. The script has been updated. This thread can be closed.

9 hours ago, MSO said:

Here's the thing... I have had to beg and plead for you to fix things and, even then, some things would be ignored because you didn't feel like fixing them... Yet here you are, trying to make yourself out as someone who just wants to work out the problems and co-operate. Wow. 

You made a dispute, the Scripter answered and addressed your concerns. That is what this subforum aims to achieve, so there will be no refund however I encourage you to use this subforum again in the future in the event you experience any issues that have not been addressed in a timely manner. We can only evaluate the dispute when you post it.

2 hours ago, Leespiker said:

I agree. The script has been updated. This thread can be closed.

That being said, this Script WAS purchased through PayPal and will yet again have to be refunded and properly purchased through the repository. How many of these are we going to have to deal with @Leespiker?

Let me know when this is complete.

2 minutes ago, Usa said:

That being said, this Script WAS purchased through PayPal and will yet again have to be refunded and properly purchased through the repository. How many of these are we going to have to deal with @Leespiker?

Let me know when this is complete.

It was only 1/3 of the script price because it was expensive and was paid upfront. That portion can be repaid through the repository as an add-on along with the rest of the script.

40 minutes ago, Usa said:

You made a dispute, the Scripter answered and addressed your concerns. That is what this subforum aims to achieve, so there will be no refund however I encourage you to use this subforum again in the future in the event you experience any issues that have not been addressed in a timely manner. We can only evaluate the dispute when you post it.

I made a dispute with multiple issues yet only one is being addressed, @Usa. That concern is only the result of the first and main concern I started this thread with, of which is being completely ignored. That main concern was the entire reason so many bugs went untouched and ignored for months in the first place, so I wanted insurance to prevent that from happening again, so frequently and for so long. If I can't get insurance, then the script cannot be maintained reliably. If the script is unreliable, then it can't be used. If I can't use the script, then I would like a refund.

That issue is extremely unacceptable, but for some reason no one wants to acknowledge it. No discussion, compromise or even mention has taken place in this thread yet.

Just now, Leespiker said:

I updated the script, and you will not even run it.

Since you've established that that are zero bugs in the script, I feel like I don't need to run it. And since there aren't any bugs in the script, you can finally add the rest of the features you left out. 

Ignoring that, I've already told you why I am not testing the script for you already. We are in the midst of a dispute, since all of my concerns have yet to be addressed. 

I'm still waiting for someone to acknowledge my main concern. It hasn't even been mentioned yet - much less discussed. Did you gloss over this dispute and happened to miss my main concern, or is this somehow something I'm not allowed to complain about, @Usa? I feel like asking for some kind stability is a reasonable thing to ask, to try and prevent multiple 2-week, 3-week, 1-month or 2-month absences. 

So far, I've proposed a deal to @Leespiker that outlined a refund in the case that he continue to leave while the script needed work, as a way for him to keep to his promise that he wouldn't leave anymore. It was supposed to be negotiated, but a discussion didn't even come of it. It was refused outright. Because of that, and his incredibly slow progress on bugs, I post a dispute here. I state clearly that he goes missing quite often and sometimes for insane amounts of time. Since he does that, I say that I would not be able to run multiple accounts on a server with enough resources to run them because, more than likely, I'd be spending more money on an idle server than I'd be earning from the script. But as it stands, the current conclusion of this dispute is that he addressed my main issue by updating the script. This does not address my issue at all, and just misses the point. I'm trying to make sure that he doesn't go missing for weeks or months a time in the first place, which was the sole reason so many bugs were left undealt with for almost a year.

In the case that a new bug occurs and significantly affects performance, I don't want to find out that @Leespiker decided to take a summer vacation and that I'd have to sit around for 2-months waiting for something I paid for to be fixed. Yet, after paying $500 for a personal script, that's exactly what I get time-after-time, and you might as well spit in my face. Fuck that. I can't stress enough how unacceptable that is, but you guys seem think it's perfectly fine. 

I either want a discussion about this and some kind of deal to help prevent it... or a refund. Stability is critical, and if you guarantee it, you should be required to own up to it. 

Edited by MSO

@MSO while you are disgruntled with your transaction with @Leespiker you only just posted this dispute, what discussions you had before and the build-up that may have caused you to finally post this thread really don't add any weight to this thread. Your screenshots from September show him apologetic and willing to help. Taking a vacation in the summer seems reasonable, laptop stolen or not he still showed interest in helping come to terms. That doesn't show me anything sufficient that there was a substantial breach in your loose, undefined agreement.

Next time you enter something with a Scripter, it would be best to establish a more finite understanding regarding updates and add-ons.

That being said, you can look at the Scripter's history and make a well-informed decision next time. We allow them to do private scripts as they have earned the rank and are active contributors to the site, they are entirely responsible however for their dealings good or bad.

He is willing to work with you, he has made changes, continue to work with him and if you have future issues you can use this subforum for assistance as you have done.

@Leespiker let me know when the circumvented paypal payments have been resolved so I can close this.

Likely my last response, but could you please respond to this, @Usa?

@MSO while you are disgruntled with your transaction with @Leespiker you only just posted this dispute

I'm not getting what you mean by this.

Your screenshots from September show him apologetic and willing to help

Those screenshots also show a 19-day period delay from September 18th to October 7th with absolutely no progress on my script. 

Taking a vacation in the summer seems reasonable

Normally, I may have agreed to this. However, if your vacation time spans an entire year, on-and-off, varying from 2-weeks to 2-months throughout - then no.

That doesn't show me anything sufficient that there was a substantial breach in your loose, undefined agreement.

This I don't understand. He deleted his original thread, so therefore he is free from the agreements outlined there?

Next time you enter something with a Scripter, it would be best to establish a more finite understanding regarding updates and add-ons.

That's a great idea. Since there's currently no clear warnings or ways to avoid a scripter from fucking you over, until they already have, maybe there should be a sticky post. 

That being said, you can look at the Scripter's history and make a well-informed decision next time. We allow them to do private scripts as they have earned the rank and are active contributors to the site, they are entirely responsible however for their dealings good or bad

Since you can't leave negative feedback on this site, finding enough information to actually make a case can be difficult, or impossible -- especially for private scripting -- so that's a moot point. Also, nowhere does it say that this is acceptable and expected behavior. 

He is willing to work with you, he has made changes, continue to work with him and if you have future issues you can use this subforum for assistance as you have done.

So after this dispute is long out of sight, the bugs are piling on-top of each other again and @Leespiker is nowhere to be found, would I be able to post my dispute again?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor