Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
corkscrewdrivers

Bot membership

6 posts in this topic

I'm new to this, and working on setting up a gold farm.

I have heard making your account a member makes it much less likely to be banned. Maybe because Jagex is more relaxed about looking for bots among those paying them fees, or maybe because it makes your bot look more human. Assuming it is even true, of course.

When should a bot be made a member? A bot needs to be able to remain unbanned for long enough to make a return on the costs associated with it, after all.

Right now I have a checklist for each account I create that is linked to a preference list for that profile. This includes completing quests, collecting certain items, exploring places, raising stats to certain points, attempting member actions, etc,. The idea is to be able to run the bot for several days with breaks and such until it reaches the requirements and then I will get membership for it and expand the potential task list, but tighten the focus for more gold making. 

Before I work too much on this system, I need your opinions:

Is this overkill? 

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'll tell you right now it's likely your account will still be banned in today's scenario. You'll definitely need to either 1) suicide bot or 2) find a clever method, but right now, your approach probably doesn't offer anything novel despite your attempts (e.g. attempting members actions), and most likely as a result of using the bot you'll be banned either before or shortly after buying membership, and it's unlikely especially if you are looking to "skill" you'll be able to break even.

I recommend doing as much research as you can, and know that there is no secret "formula" that guarantees your accounts don't get banned.

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, TerrifiedVirus said:

it's unlikely especially if you are looking to "skill" you'll be able to break even.

So, is it the general consensus that Jagex catches bots too quickly to make it profitable to invest in anything medium to long-term?  If so, what is the timetable for bans while suicide botting? A few hours? Days?

7 minutes ago, corkscrewdrivers said:

So, is it the general consensus that Jagex catches bots too quickly to make it profitable to invest in anything medium to long-term?  If so, what is the timetable for bans while suicide botting? A few hours? Days?

No, but things have changed. 4 years ago you could bot 20 hours a day while repeatedly proclaiming you were a bot and you wouldn't face any bans. Now you need to formulate a plan in order to get a decent return.

I wouldn't encourage a competetly new botter to get into the scene now, but if you don't mind potentially wasting some time and money then give it a try. 

Just now, Cognizant said:

I wouldn't encourage a competetly new botter to get into the scene now, but if you don't mind potentially wasting some time and money then give it a try. 

Yeah, I'm not worried about wasting a bit of money and time, although obviously I'm not going to throw tons of money in on a method that isn't working. It's a fun hobby right now, like my own little game of me v. Jagex.

Just now, corkscrewdrivers said:

Yeah, I'm not worried about wasting a bit of money and time, although obviously I'm not going to throw tons of money in on a method that isn't working. It's a fun hobby right now, like my own little game of me v. Jagex.

Give it a go then. If you are seriously dedicated and interested in creating your own scripts let me know and I'll provide you with some resources. 

1 person likes this