Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Austin.r321

Am I doing something wrong?

Question

I don't understand why my CPU usage is so high. I'm running 3 instances of osbuddy and 2 clients.. I'm at 70-80 CPU usage. I have a  skylake i5 6600k processor. Brand new rig. Really good gaming hardware was used. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

J9mfTI6.png

19 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Austin.r321 said:

I don't understand why my CPU usage is so high. I'm running 3 instances of osbuddy and 2 clients.. I'm at 70-80 CPU usage. I have a  skylake i5 6600k processor. Brand new rig. Really good gaming hardware was used. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

J9mfTI6.png

LG and OSbuddy use crazy amounts of CPU. Pretty much same cpu usage as me.

Well for starters just because your product has a high number doesn't mean it has great performance. The benchmarks aren't great for a bot farm (https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-6600K+%40+3.50GHz)

If you put the rig together yourself you may want to monitor the temperatures as well as it is possible that you made a mistake that is causing overheating. 

Edit: I overlooked that version you bought. Are you OCing? 

Edited by Cognizant

i5's aren't good for botting, should've gone for an i7 instead along with some more RAM if you were planning to farm

On 10/3/2016 at 4:46 AM, Z3D said:

Fucking AMD FX8350 is where it's at. 

hell yes man <3

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Z3D said:

Fucking AMD FX8350 is where it's at. 

yeah, if you live in the arctic circle maybe.

42 minutes ago, vipertrek79 said:

yeah, if you live in the arctic circle maybe.

Who the hell doesn't have an aftermarket CPU cooler nowadays. 

6 hours ago, Z3D said:

Who the hell doesn't have an aftermarket CPU cooler nowadays. 

doesn't matter, amd is hot garbage. :)

6 hours ago, vipertrek79 said:

doesn't matter, amd is hot garbage. :)

Hot garbage that can run 20 bots... I'd take that over cool garbage that can run 10 for twice the price. 

On 10/3/2016 at 7:58 AM, Z3D said:

Hot garbage that can run 20 bots... I'd take that over cool garbage that can run 10 for twice the price. 

intel can run the same amount if not more depending on the setup. it's all about how well the script /client is designed.

1 hour ago, vipertrek79 said:

intel can run the same amount if not more depending on the setup. it's all about how well the script /client is designed.

Price for performance AMD will always win. I mean if a script is designed well that will mean less CPU usage regardless of the CPU you're running. I'm running an AMD FX8350 which has 8 cores at 4ghz for £130, no Intel will even come close to that price/performance. 

7 hours ago, Z3D said:

Price for performance AMD will always win. I mean if a script is designed well that will mean less CPU usage regardless of the CPU you're running. I'm running an AMD FX8350 which has 8 cores at 4ghz for £130, no Intel will even come close to that price/performance. 

we get it you're an amd fanboy. doesn't change the fact amd is awful and only worthwhile if you're poor. Not only that, but it's not 8 actual cores/ it's 4 phys 4 virtual.

9 hours ago, vipertrek79 said:

we get it you're an amd fanboy. doesn't change the fact amd is awful and only worthwhile if you're poor. Not only that, but it's not 8 actual cores/ it's 4 phys 4 virtual.

AMD use 8 physical cores. Intel use 4, but with hyperthreading it essentially gives them 4 extra virtual cores. Why is AMD awful compared to Intel? So far we have. 

• AMD is cheaper
  • AMD have 8 physical cores (Intel usually only 4)
  • AMD have higher clock rates
  • Intel runs cooler? I'd spend the £100 I've saved from buying the intel on watercooling then :P

On 10/6/2016 at 5:37 AM, Z3D said:

AMD use 8 physical cores. Intel use 4, but with hyperthreading it essentially gives them 4 extra virtual cores. Why is AMD awful compared to Intel? So far we have. 

• AMD is cheaper
  • AMD have 8 physical cores (Intel usually only 4)
  • AMD have higher clock rates
  • Intel runs cooler? I'd spend the £100 I've saved from buying the intel on watercooling then :P

/yawn. still garbage parts only poorfags use.

1 hour ago, vipertrek79 said:

/yawn. still garbage parts only poorfags use.

C'mon man. I like a good debate, it's no fun when you give up your side of the argument so easily... 

1 hour ago, Z3D said:

C'mon man. I like a good debate, it's no fun when you give up your side of the argument so easily... 

i'm not giving up. amd is hot shit.

10 hours ago, vipertrek79 said:

i'm not giving up. amd is hot shit.

Not really how debates work. I've said why AMD is better, you would then usually give your side and say why Intel is better but you've yet to do that. So by default AMD wins.