Anarch

Jagex's payback

A little about me

My name is Jaren, I am from the United States and I am a 22 year old college student.

I've been playing Runescape for ~12 years and have been botting for ~5years.  Over the years Ive gone tired of the mindless grinding, the nonsense of nonstop hours of clicking just isnt for me anymore. The main aspect of osrs that entices me is the PvP scene as it is like no other. I have a passion for creating off-meta pures that I believe to be superior to the average pure.(examples include low hp, high str/range via range guild/ barb fishing/pest control)...(right before EOC i botted 99 ranged and str on a 10 hp account)

I used to be quite successful with botting about 4 years ago, when botting Osrs seemed to be in its golden age. I had botted dozens of 99's, had super rare pure accounts. Unfortunately looking back, I was lazy and took for granted the slack of ban hammers. I mostly ran 4-6 bots at a time on average even though my computer was capable of double that. Not to mention, gold was valued at 3x the price it is now. I didnt really push myself, thus never reaching my true potential at the time. Racking in 300m/month while achieving great pure accounts just off a few bots at a time was enough for me at the time.

Unfortunately I never really did my research about proxy's and how chain bans occur, and one instance I can recall that I was botting f2p cows on one account while my pure just hit 99 ranged purely off of ranged guild. The next day both of my accounts were banned, losing over 500m on one account and not to mention the awesome stats I had. I was deterred and wanted to throw in the towel. I took a big hit and didn't have much to show for. At that time I was too ignorant and naive to consider mules

Another instance where my main pure (99 fish, 82 str, 99 ranged 99 mage 50 hp) got a 2 ban from botting pest control. It was dumb of me to risk such a good account for something i could practically afk, so I decided to no longer bot on that account. So thats what i did, I played on osbuddy and played pc by hand the next 2 days. Following those 2 days I got perm banned even though I never botted again on that account.....?chain ban again?

That incident left me broken because of all the hard work I put in this account just to have it perm banned unjustifiably.

The following years, I've tried to get back into the scene, however botting has become exponentially harder to accomplish. I used to have a small bot farm on MTA collecting infinity gear, and bans were very rare. I got many accounts 99 mage, several 94+ and dozens 85+. In comparison to today's times, Im lucky if I can bot MTA for 4 hours without getting banned the next day. While some scripts are still decently low ban rate(fishing, agility, etc) a lot of the better scripts are not as fortunate(combat,MTA,ranged guild) If i had to guess, I would say Ive had 300+ accounts banned in my botting career

The past few months I have found enjoyment in playing Runescape again, especially with all the quality updates. Although practically all of my accounts have been eradicated, I decided to try to build up again. My good friend has a maxed main that lets me use when he is not on; I often find myself doing zulrah or brutal blacks by hand while i'm botting some other accounts. His account is quite good and I never had intentions of botting on it. Few days ago, I suicided some bots to make a quick coin. At the end of the night I muled off a small deposit(12m or so) to the main. The following day, I receive a picture text from my friend showing my his prized main got perm banned. The ban was listed as Macro/using 3rd party programs, but contrary to that I've never macroed or used 3rd party programs on his account specifically. The only thing that makes sense is a chain ban, as 4 other accounts of mine were banned at the same time, however 1 account wasn't banned that was botting heavily.

Needless to say, I feel awful because his account that took him hundreds of hours to build is no more. While I do feel like this is my fault, I feel like jagex did me dirty, They banned an innocent account that potentially was in association with a botting account. If they did their research they would find that there were 2 different IP addresses logging onto this account, so one might be able to say it was hacked and the hacker was trying to add money onto it. Regardless, I am quite upset with this whole scenario. I wanted to just quit botting after that point, as losing my friends account really upset me.

After some contemplation, I decided not to give up botting. I enjoy botting, and I believe I am quite good at it because I have extensive game knowledge, and experience in the botting scene, backed up with data of my own. Losing my friends account sucks, But I figure I can recreate his account in 6 months time If I am diligent, and on that note, I could in theory create 10 accounts like his in that time If I am motivated and proactive. I am more motivated than ever, as I believe I owe Jagex some payback

So what will you do differently to avoid making the same mistakes?

-I Will buy proxies.

Hopefully this will prevent chain bans, which have been the most catastrophic for my bot farms. Also, I am sure my IP is flagged At $3 a proxy, I will buy 5 proxies at first and assign 1-2 accounts per proxy and see how that goes. If it prevents chain bans, $15 a month is definitely worth.

-I will record my data daily.

The most organized people make the most gains because they have data to work with and have it laid out so it is easy to locate. Commenting about bans can help prevent it from happening a 2nd time.

-I will set realistic goals.

Previously I never really pushed my limits on botting, even though I am fully aware of the potential it can provide. I plan to start with small goals while my structure is small, and as I expand I will create larger goals. Goals are important as a way of really pushing yourself and seeing how far you can go.

-I will research and try new things.

One of my problems is that I tend to stick to the scripts I am familiar with. This is because I have accumulated enough data to draw conclusions about whether its worth using the script or not. Unfortunately this really limits me from trying superior scripts. Perhaps trying a NMZ or MLM would be good

7 minutes ago, xcendrox said:

If you hit up one of the mods on twitter you might have a chance of getting the account unbanned if they look into the different IP and your friend says his account was hijacked. I have done this before it does work but not all the time. GL

I will try this. It says that they will not appeal the ban, but because of the different IP addresses, hijacking is definitely plausible.

here are some tips that have made me moderately successful lately. I have not received 1 ban following a set of guidelines I have come up with from years of botting experience and trial and error. I suggest you follow ALL of them very strictly, there is no room for error anymore unfortunately or you WILL receive the dreaded ban hammer. I wish you the best of luck with your accounts.

• NEVER bot overnight until you wake up, you WILL be banned.
  • DO NOT bot for more then 3-4 hrs straight, you WILL be banned.
  • DO NOT attempt to bot a level 3 to 99 fishing 99 wc etc, you WILL be banned. Get minimum 20-30 combat stats and do some quests first.
  • NEVER EVER EVER USE FREE SCRIPTS
  • ONLY USE PREMIUM SCRIPTS
  • ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS USE LG unless you do not care about the account or are suicide botting.
Edited by Matt2k15

45 minutes ago, xcendrox said:

If you hit up one of the mods on twitter you might have a chance of getting the account unbanned if they look into the different IP and your friend says his account was hijacked. I have done this before it does work but not all the time. GL

Which Jmod in particular should I tweet? my friend tried the wrong one and he doesnt know which one to tweet

1 hour ago, Matt2k15 said:

here are some tips that have made me moderately successful lately. I have not received 1 ban following a set of guidelines I have come up with from years of botting experience and trial and error. I suggest you follow ALL of them very strictly, there is no room for error anymore unfortunately or you WILL receive the dreaded ban hammer. I wish you the best of luck with your accounts.

• NEVER bot overnight until you wake up, you WILL be banned --> not true even though botting in a time pattern helps (approximately same times every day)
  • DO NOT bot for more then 3-4 hrs straight, you WILL be banned. --> False, I got plenty of 99s doing 8-12 hours daily over extended periods of time
  • DO NOT attempt to bot a level 3 to 99 fishing 99 wc etc, you WILL be banned. Get minimum 20-30 combat stats and do some quests first. --> This helps a lot
  • NEVER EVER EVER USE FREE SCRIPTS --> False, you have to pick the right ones though
  • ONLY USE PREMIUM SCRIPTS --> They generally do better than free scripts because of the higher quality and lower user count
  • ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS USE LG unless you do not care about the account or are suicide botting. --> hasn't been proven but seems to make a difference

• Like 1

The only thing you are giving jagex is your own money, be it directly by buying membership, or indirectly via proxies aka gold sites that you buy gold from to purchase bonds.

Let's be real for a second, I am just like you. I love pvp scenarios but god forbid I do the same thing in rs for more than 30 seconds. Bans are the risk we put on ourselves when refusing to play "legit". I'd take it with a grain of salt and continue putting that risk on your accounts in exchange for having a life outside of RS as well all know, that pc shell you create by legit'ing rs for hours on end is very fragile in the real world.

9 hours ago, WG Ryan said:

Nothing I said is false. Everything I listed above has made me very successful. Don't follow them I don't care, it's not my accounts that will get banned. Was trying to help OP out. OP listen to me or not at the end of the day it's up to you weather you want to risk your accounts or not.

1 hour ago, Matt2k15 said:

Nothing I said is false. Everything I listed above has made me very successful. Don't follow them I don't care, it's not my accounts that will get banned. Was trying to help OP out. OP listen to me or not at the end of the day it's up to you weather you want to risk your accounts or not.

You're basing it off not getting banned, you honestly can't just say it helps 100% because you haven't been hit.

Honestly many of the things you stated above not to do I've been doing for ages on several different accounts while not receiving any bans.

If you get hit on accounts on a short term you're doing something seriously wrong because if you bot correctly

accounts should be able to last really long depending on what you're botting.

Just now, WG Ryan said:

You're basing it off not getting banned, you honestly can't just say it helps 100% because you haven't been hit.

Honestly many of the things you stated above not to do I've been doing for ages on several different accounts while not receiving any bans.

If you get hit on accounts on a short term you're doing something seriously wrong because if you bot correctly

accounts should be able to last really long depending on what you're botting.

Not getting banned is the ultimate goal is it not? I'm saying all of the things I have listed above have prevented me from getting banned for over a month now. Everything else has failed. I've done many trial and error tests resulting in countless banned accounts, which is why I'm saying these guidelines seem to work well so far. Botting for 8-12 hours a day with/without breaks is just plain stupid imo. No real human being plays a game for 12 hours a day without stopping or doing some else in between.

Just now, Matt2k15 said:

Not getting banned is the ultimate goal is it not? I'm saying all of the things I have listed above have prevented me from getting banned for over a month now. Everything else has failed. I've done many trial and error tests resulting in countless banned accounts, which is why I'm saying these guidelines seem to work well so far. Botting for 8-12 hours a day with/without breaks is just plain stupid imo. No real human being plays a game for 12 hours a day without stopping or doing some else in between.

Dude if you're honestly basing all that on a month of experience you're plain stupid yourself lmfao, you do realise Jagex delays bans, even for extended periods of time beyond a month depending on what you're botting and many different variables.

What I'm saying is based of botting since 2008/2009 and in that time botting a few hundred mill experience split over many different accounts while rarely ever getting banned.

If you think the time you're playing every day matters this much explain me why a legit person playing 15 hours a day does not get banned, obviously because no bans occur unless there's proof that suggests they're using a macro program, you may think the factor time played daily is a thing they can solely ban on, I can tell you that's completely false. 

When the granite maul glitch was out YB left accounts stuck in pest control, meaning they were there training for a week straight until they were booted off by an update, it was not detected and the accounts were not banned. I'm talking gaining 70-99 in a skill in one login session, while negating the logout timer every 6 hours.

Either way you can stick your head up your ass and believe what you think is right but I'm not going to 'strictly' follow runes that make zero sense for the most part.

The way I'm botting is not even close to what you're doing and I haven't been banned in ages while obtaining several maxed pures with some 99 skills included.

Real talk though I bot about 14 hours a day. The trick is you can't be doing the same thing for so long. I'll bot a skill for like 5 or 6 hours then bot something else for like 4 hours then do a quest then bot something else for another like 4 hours. Almost maxed now.

Edited by Notorious

16 hours ago, Notorious said:

Real talk though I bot about 14 hours a day. The trick is you can't be doing the same thing for so long. I'll bot a skill for like 5 or 6 hours then bot something else for like 4 hours then do a quest then bot something else for another like 4 hours. Almost maxed now.

Real talk - I bot 26 hours a day, 8 days a week and I never get bans.

• Like 1