Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Netami

Inconsistent WebWalking

17 posts in this topic

Description of the bug (be specific): Webwalking will often get stuck going around objects/areas that it can/cannot reach. Example in video: https://vid.me/1iWx

How often the bug occurs: about 50% of the time, on a per account basis

Triggers of the bug (if known): WebWalking anywhere, in this case going from Lumbridge to Varrock.

Java version: 1.80_101 64 bit

Max Heap Size: 1024 MB

TRiBot client version: Release 9.303_6

Looking Glass (yes/no): No

Operating System: Ubuntu

Script Name: Private

TRiBot Old-School or RS3: Old-school

Client Debug: None

Bot Debug: None

Screenshots (if any): https://vid.me/1iWx

Edited by Netami

I've had this issue for quite some time with barb/edge and ge/varrock. It's been giving me issues with most scripts that use webwalk.

I'm pretty sure it happens because the webwalking randomizes the nodes each time you walk, but sometimes the randomization puts it over an object.

it's been an issue ever since web walking was released. that being said, you can pretty much guarantee raising some kind of red flag if your bot comes across this bug.

Edited by Flamo353

3 hours ago, Flamo353 said:

it's been an issue ever since web walking was released. that being said, you can pretty much guarantee raising some kind of red flag if your bot comes across this bug.

Yeah WebWalking has been a huge issue since it was released, but it has gotten worse in the past week or so.

This is actually absurd, the entire WebWalking method is actually shit, and have been an issue for YEARS, we deserve an reply @TRiLeZ @Todd @Usa

I plan on a total re-write after I complete/release other things, but for the meantime I'll look into why this is happening for some users/scripts?

Questions:

• When it goes to walk to an absurd tile or does something funny, could you provide the stack trace?
  • Do you ever call any of these methods:
    • Walking#setWalkingTimeout
    • WebWalking#setUseAStar
  • Do you set a stopping condition when using web walking?
  • Is it possible that another thread is causing this behavior?
  • Is the plane for the destination tile properly set?

From the glance, it looks like the issue as evident in the video is that the web walker is terminating pre-maturely and then being called upon again.

2 people like this

30 minutes ago, TRiLeZ said:

I plan on a total re-write after I complete/release other things, but for the meantime I'll look into why this is happening for some users/scripts?

Questions:

• When it goes to walk to an absurd tile or does something funny, could you provide the stack trace?
    • WebWalking#setUseAStar

From the glance, it looks like the issue as evident in the video is that the web walker is terminating pre-maturely and then being called upon again.

Hi TRiLeZ, thank you for the response.

To answer your questions:

• There is no stack trace when it misbehaves
  • I am not calling either Walking#setWalkingTimeout or WebWalking#setUseAStar
  • In this instance I am not using a stopping condition
  • I am not using additional threads for this testing
  • The destination plane is a valid location, albeit a fair distance away the webwalker should still be able to handle it.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

On 2016-10-13 at 2:03 AM, TRiLeZ said:

Questions:

• WebWalking#setUseAStar

I'm happy you're looking to change the method but you should be more than aware that the webwalking method is working extremely poorly. It's very insincere for you to even ask these questions assuming or trying get away with it being the scripters fault for webwalking performing badly. The reason is obvious which all scripters know about, it's the very badly optimized API web walking method, not a script error.

The webwalking method can only navigate to the biggest F2P cities within plane 0 and can even manage to get stuck walking simple paths like this.

Examples where the method can get stuck; 

- below champion's guild when walking from Lumbridge to the teleport spot in Varrock

- walking to the apothecary/Juliet's house in Varrock

- anywhere besides Lumbridge castle where plane handling is required

If you compare your webwalk method to OSBot's flawless system you'll to see how terrible TRiBot's web-walking truly is. Their walking has no issues navigating to places all over the map, supports different teleportation methods, different shortcuts (etc agility ones) and support all planes; not only the default ground level plane. I'm sure you're already aware of this, and you know how incredibly much your webwalk system is lacking compared to competitors. A proper webwalk method is most likely the most important API method for your users, it's a shame that a rework haven't been prioritized so far as the current version is so bad.

If you care the slightest about your users and customers, step up your game and rewrite your webwalking method to meet the standards ASAP rather than prioritizing on other things that's working alright/isn't as crucial.

4 people like this

13 hours ago, swagg said:

It's easy to blame and point fingers but creating and maintaining a bot takes a lot of work and its understandable if there are bugs that need fixing. I purchased this bot's vip a few days ago as im new to this new botting era. My account was banned the following monday and it's definitely from this. I was using aFisher at barbarian village and the webwalking was all sorts of fucked up. Trilez I also tried your al kharid fighter and it kept clicking more and more warriors and the banking on it was aweful not to mention it took four times to set up the script to run. To be honest I like this bot and believe it has potential but I either want my money back or a slight extention of my time on the sub or just upgrade to vip-e.

The reasoning being that that account took a decent chunk of my time to make and my time is worth money. You sold me a product that fucked me over. I knew it had the possibility of that but in order to prevent that I need to purchase looking glass and proxies so my future efforts wont get squashed. Really I plan on being a long time customer until botting doesnt work or its not worth it. I will have a gold farm and will use this or OSbot. If you want to keep a customer just click a few buttons and reset my sub time to give me a little time to create a new account.. at the very least.