Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lizzzerd

Lizzzerd's road to Scripting with Tribot

8 posts in this topic

Introduction

Hey guys, I'm Lizzzerd. I've been in and out of the the botting scene since pre-eoc. Lately I've gotten bored of playing runescape legitimately, so I've put my runescape goals for my main account on hold for the foreseeable future. My new goal is to become a scripter. I've never really been a scripter before(I've written some shitty scar scripts in the past, but nothing that I would be proud to call mine), and it is something that I've always been interested in. I took a java class a couple years ago in high school which taught me the basics (even though I have forgotten a lot of it). So hopefully it won't take me too long to get to a point where I can efficiently learn.

I did some research and familiarized myself with all of the different options for botting sites and their pros/cons, and I decided that Tribot is the place for me. It is the only site that seems to have the drive to take botting to the next level, with stuff like looking glass, and the human mouse and reaction times data. There also seem to be a lot of friendly people here who are willing to help newcomers learn, which is a big plus in my book.

Currently I will just be focusing on learning to script, with minimal farming(although it seems like it would be a waste to not try to do some farming in the meantime), but in the future I would love to be able to set up a highly automated farm with self made scripts.

Short term plans: [ ] = uncompleted, [x] = completed

[x] Read all of the tutorials in the scripting section

[x] Watch episodes 1-35 of Derek Banas Java tutorials on youtube (credits to @Assume for the idea)

[x] Familiarize myself with the Java coding conventions(not sure exactly where I will be doing this, but it seems to be very important to a lot of people here so I will take the time to try to learn it before I begin writing my own scripts

[x] Begin writing basic scripts 

Long term goals: [ ] = uncompleted, [x] = completed

[ ] Write high quality scripts for myself and the community

[ ] Run a highly automated gold farm 

[ ] Create intelligent high level gold farming scripts(Barrows, Demonic gorillas, Wilderness Bosses, Etc...)

Conclusion:

I hope to get to know you guys, not too sure what this community is like, but from my limited exposure so far, it seems to be pretty great.

My skype name is:

Lizzzerdtb

If anyone would be willing to answer some(potentially very dumb) questions about scripting/botting in the future, feel free to add me.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Lizzzerd
1 person likes this

I started learning java 1-2ish weeks ago with a goal of being able to write scripts in mind as well. Also watching the same tutorial series as you. I'll add you on skype so we can try to help each other out maybe

You're definitely going about it the correct way and I commend you for that. Now, for naming conventions it's really quite simple -- it's all about readability and consistency. Personally, I don't follow Oracle conventions to the T. An example would be nonfinal variables. Oracle conventions state the should be named with lowerCamelCase. I find lowerCamelCase terribly unreadable, especially for longer variable names, so I choose to use lower_snake_case. Technically incorrect, but not an issue because I use it consistently and it's entirely readable. 

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to watch his Java videos on the factory, singleton, state, and command design patterns. They are super relevant to Tribot scripting. 

Edited by Assume
1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, Assume said:

You're definitely going about it the correct way and I commend you for that. Now, for naming conventions it's really quite simple -- it's all about readability and consistency. Personally, I don't follow Oracle conventions to the T. An example would be nonfinal variables. Oracle conventions state the should be named with lowerCamelCase. I find lowerCamelCase terribly unreadable, especially for longer variable names, so I choose to use lower_snake_case. Technically incorrect, but not an issue because I use it consistently and it's entirely readable. 

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to watch his Java videos on the factory, singleton, state, and command design patterns. They are super relevant to Tribot scripting. 

Thanks for the advice!

Good luck, it's going to be tough especially if you only took a java class in high school years ago. You can still do it though, but it will be harder since you didn't get in-class instruction about Java basics and principles. There are a lot of guides and stuff out there though like Assume mentioned. I would recommend taking your time, it will most likely be a long process and don't give up if you get frustrated while writing a script.