Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leoshiro

How do i improve my english?

11 posts in this topic

i'm arab, but im trying my best to advance in english, been active on forums and pretty much reading everything, but i think i still suck at it, i wanna know all of these 'unique words' that some of u guys write, also want to fix my grammar pretty much, i started learning english at 10th grade when i was about 14 but now im 20 and learnt the most in runescape tbh.

do i just keep on reading in the forums or what do i do? 

Edited by leoshiro

keep it up and just find out what each word you don't understand means as you go along

just keep at it, you'll get better gradually

Honestly you're never going to know full proper English just by playing Runescape considering most people do not use proper English. Nevertheless, you seem to have excellent English. I wish I was afforded the option to learn a language simply by playing a video game but sadly I've not. 

tried my best engrish m8 hopefully u lurnt somkthin

My best suggestion would to be  read English books and lot of them. People discredit them but they are really great teachers. Look for some American classics, How To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby, or even try a book like Harry Potter (these are my favorite!). Really if you didn't say you were arab I would have never guess English wasn't your first language.

Edited by Wowzoor

48 minutes ago, Wowzoor said:

Honestly you're never going to know full proper English just by playing Runescape considering most people do not use proper English. Nevertheless, you seem to have excellent English. I wish I was afforded the option to learn a language simply by playing a video game but sadly I've not. 

tried my best engrish m8 hopefully u lurnt somkthin

My best suggestion would to be  read English books and lot of them. People discredit them but they are really great teachers. Look for some American classics, How To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby, or even try a book like Harry Potter (these are my favorite!). Really if you didn't say you were arab I would have never guess English wasn't your first language.

thanks alot for the suggestion and the feedback. yes i know but i said i learnt english through runescape not saying that im trying to learn more by playing the game, now that you have brought up books, i bought a book about 2 months ago and pretty much read only 60 pages called Outliers by malcon. but to be honest i always find an excuse to not read it idk why, not like in the forums i just like to help out people and read as many topics as i can in the forum even if it didnt have to do anything with botting, so it seems that i enjoy it here rather than reading a book( i know its bad) but im still learning some new stuff which is awesome: )

watching movies/tv shows is a good one if you know an adequate amount, you will learn && have fun :idea:

1 person likes this

For me it started with watching the english version of the cartoons at night, when I heard the dutch version in the afternoon. Back then we had no subtitles so I was translating stuff myself when I was around 6. Started to play runescape when I was about 10-11 years old. All the guides back then were also only available in English so I got forced into it with basicly anything I did. Also started to do video editing at an early age and also those guides and tutorials were in English.

After that I just kept improving by watching all movies and tv-series without subtitles or in some cases English subtitles (helps a lot). Due to the wide variety of forums I am on, the games I play and also my work (where I talk a lot of English) I am able to keep expanding my knowledge.

So my advice probably, just try to surround yourself with the English language as much as you can and it will naturally improve.

1 person likes this

First you need to broaden your vocabulary, for that simply read more, read widely and read differently that gives a wider horizon of knowing the different kinds of writing and textures of the English language. Probably the most efficient way would be to learn words related to topics about which you have an interest in the form of short stories.

1 person likes this