Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

roany

Chances of getting banned when you get reported?

16 posts in this topic

Hello,

so I got reported once today and I'm pretty sure i got reported yesterday too, so I was wondering what the chances are of getting banned after you've been reported.

1 hour ago, roany said:

Hello,

so I got reported once today and I'm pretty sure i got reported yesterday too, so I was wondering what the chances are of getting banned after you've been reported.

probably game over but i don't have any proof to back that up.

38 minutes ago, AussieBotter said:

Were you botting?
If so, where? Doing what? And for how long?

Yes I was botting at Flesh crawlers since yesterday evening  botting 2,5 - 3 hour sessions with about 3 hour breaks 

Edited by roany

if they check list of the report name then it could make u get a ban..i mean why else the report there??

not sure if the reporting system has changed since Rs2, however it was confirmed on the runescape home page (it's still there) after the 2 bot nukes that reports only contribute to a hot spot indicating where the main areas to bot are.  I'm not sure if it's different in OSRS, but if the system is the same then you're absolutely fine.

Reference: https://gyazo.com/b4668e4b72a2187f91fa99468903f617

1 hour ago, MrBigShot81 said:

if they check list of the report name then it could make u get a ban..i mean why else the report there??

1 hour ago, Lynx_s said:

not sure if the reporting system has changed since Rs2, however it was confirmed on the runescape home page (it's still there) after the 2 bot nukes that reports only contribute to a hot spot indicating where the main areas to bot are.  I'm not sure if it's different in OSRS, but if the system is the same then you're absolutely fine.

Reference: https://gyazo.com/b4668e4b72a2187f91fa99468903f617

I hope so. thanks :)

3 minutes ago, roany said:

I hope so. thanks :)

UPDATE: just logged in and I've been  banned =/

On 16-8-2016 at 10:19 AM, roany said:

UPDATE: just logged in and I've been  banned =/

Flash crawlers could be a hotspot though, because it's sorta popular

Having good practices help a lot. So long as you don't bot for too long in one spot you should be fine. I've been botting consistently for years, and even during the bot nukes. It's about being smart and not getting noticed. Even if you get reported, if you don't have more than 3 hours of continuous activity you should be fine.

Reports are basically red flags that other players put on you.

They play a major role in bot detection. Avoiding them as much as you can is the best thing you can do, and this can be done by:

-botting in a place with NO players

-botting in a place with too many players (they can't see you nor they will bother with reporting)

-gearing up like the crowd

-common username

-ballanced levels (since most rs players now use osbuddy and they can just check out your skills , having 99 fishing and the rest 1 , you are as good as banned :D  )

etc etc

Good luck

Its easy to get reported while botting because you are not there unless you are babysitting. If someone says hi or talks to you and the bot is doing an action that confirms you are NOT afk and if you dont respond it does raise a red flag.

A few times I've come back to see that users have said they are reporting me. Never received a ban.

you were banned for botting at flesh crawlers...NEVER bot there. that is a VERY VERY well known botted area to jagex and has been for awhile now. as well as any legit player there will 100% report you so it's like saying "please ban me"