Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Amni

PSA News By Mod Weath | 5 August | Client myths confirmed |

48 posts in this topic

Dear,

Third-Party Clients

mod_ronan

August 05 2016
Third-Party Clients

We want to make all Old School RuneScape players aware of the risks regarding the use of unauthorised third party clients.

Unauthorised third party clients which process graphics differently to the official client, in particular - HD specific clients, have an issue where they are indistinguishable from bot client. Using one will most likely result in your account being banned for botting.

In order to resolve this we would need to open more information to the unauthorised third party client to use, but this would also mean it would become easier to bot, so that is not an option.

Now we have said this we will receive a huge amount of appeals from players claiming they were banned for using a client which processed graphics differently to the official client when, in fact, they botted. For this reason, we will not consider appeals for players banned due to using unauthorised clients which process graphics differently to the official client.

More importantly, because these clients are unauthorised, we do not have any control or knowledge of the information that you enter into them. We would encourage you to think carefully about the value of your personal information and account information before you hand it over to those in the shadows making unauthorised third party clients.

At Jagex the safety and security of our players is of paramount importance to us and in light of that, until further notice, we urge you not to use unauthorised third party clients.

Mods Archie, Ash, Ed, Ghost, Ian, Jed, John C, Kieren, Mat K, Maz, Ronan, Roq, Weath, West
The Old School Team

Read : http://services.runescape.com/m=news/third-party-clients?oldschool=1

Ive been saying exactly this ^ for a while, that they are able to define between OSbuddy / Official OSRS clients & Bot clients / unknown third party clients.

I received lots of hate & flame in diffirent threads where id post my opinion about this based upon personal experience.

Looks like LG does matter.

Feel free to discuss / post opinion about this subject.

Edited by Amni

They can't. In this post they talk about clients that proccesses graphics differently.

That might mean that their systems react to CPU usage? since it def uses more cpu when you're using a HD client.

Edited by DontBotherJustDont

11 minutes ago, DontBotherJustDont said:

They can't. In this post they talk about clients that proccesses graphics differently.

That might mean that their systems react to CPU usage? since it def uses more cpu when you're using a HD client.

if you have shit cpu then usage can be 100%

2 minutes ago, DontBotherJustDont said:

True, but i'm pretty sure there's still a difference.

" React to CPU usage " Yea genious, defently how it works.

Bro, ur here stating :

" They can't. In this post they talk about clients that proccesses graphics differently. "

Without even basing up your statement. While clearly something is up from all the bans occuring when not using LG.

And then you think their system detects people with High CPU usage and flags them? :lol:

So basicaly you are saying that the process ID of the client is being tracked, and if the CPU usage for that process ( Jagex client ) is higher than x it would flag you?

Or that it monitors the entire CPU usage of your system?

Either both of these dont make sense, and i highly doubt the detection has anything to with CPU usage lmao!

It would rather be the diffirence in communication between a client such as OSbuddy & the jagex API / server.

For example a response the API requires upon doing a certain thing, such as for example logging in to the server. If your client doesnt send back the valid response header the server requests from you, this would mean you use an unofficial client.

These are ofcourse all assumptions and not based upon any proof.

Your statement that they know which client you're using is bullshit aswell. They never stated that, nor confirmed it. And you osbuddy is literally MIRORRED version of OSRS client, it just draws stuff on top of it.

Assumptions is everything we can make, they will never tell people anything because that would make it easier to bot/bypass their bot detection.

Edited by DontBotherJustDont

Just now, DontBotherJustDont said:

Your statement that they know which client you're using is bullshit aswell. They never stated that, nor confirmed it. And you osbuddy is literally MIRORRED version of OSRS client, it just draws stuff on top of it.

Where have i blatantly stated that its a fact, they know which client their players use?

I have even stated that what i said is based off assumptions and no proof.

5 minutes ago, Amni said:

These are ofcourse all assumptions and not based upon any proof.

Perhaps you should learn to read a little more carefully.

However, according to the post in OP by Mod Weath you can clearly tell they have their ways, which they obviously wont tell to detect certain things, coming from certain clients.

Just now, Amni said:

Where have i blatantly stated that its a fact, they know which client their players use?

I have even stated that what i said is based off assumptions and no proof.

Perhaps you should learn to read a little more carefully.

However, according to the post in OP by Mod Weath you can clearly tell they have their ways, which they obviously wont tell to detect certain things, coming from certain clients.

31 minutes ago, Amni said:

that they are able to define between OSbuddy / Official OSRS clients & Bot clients / unknown third party clients.

here you go? and if they could detect which clients people are using they wouldn't make posts like this.

4 minutes ago, DontBotherJustDont said:

here you go? and if they could detect which clients people are using they wouldn't make posts like this.

What i meant by that is that they can tell between Official 07 client / OSBuddy  & Unkown 3rd party clients.

Which is exactly what this post by Jagex is describing.

Anyway, i am not going to bother discussing with you further. As it seems pointless.

Edited by Amni

1 minute ago, Amni said:

What i meant by that is that they can tell between Official 07 client / OSBuddy  & Unkown 3rd party clients.

Which is exactly what this post by Jagex is describing.

How come you think that vanilla client = rsbuddy client. That's just stupid to assume. if they can only tell differences between those two, that happens to Konduit & Runeloader?

1 minute ago, DontBotherJustDont said:

How come you think that vanilla client = rsbuddy client. That's just stupid to assume. if they can only tell differences between those two, that happens to Konduit & Runeloader?

Am i assuming OSbuddy = Official client? 

NO

Am i saying OSBuddy client is " Semi " allowed by jagex?

YES

Why?

Player mods, Jmods & Big streamers use it.
During Jagex live streams its been said its Okay to use OSbuddy.

R0dtJ6E.png

You seem to be unable to read and interpret my sentences the right way, there for as i stated in my previous post. The discussion with you is over.

Just now, Amni said:

Am i assuming OSbuddy = Official client? 

NO

Am i saying OSBuddy client is " Semi " allowed by jagex?

YES

Why?

Player mods, Jmods & Big streamers use it.
During Jagex live streams its been said its Okay to use OSbuddy.

R0dtJ6E.png

You seem to be unable to read and interpret my sentences the right way, there for as i stated in my previous post. The discussion with you is over.

46f42acc490570d763ab5bce7610ea81.png

indeed it is over.

2 minutes ago, grownded9172 said:

2 newb botters arguing about detection *PSA PSA*

popcorn_yes.gif

"Newb botters" > been here since April 1, 2013

I was just alarming the community of this recent news thread regarding client detection.

And would've liked to hear the Tribot community's opinion about this in a respective way.

Edited by Amni

Ughhh so much misinformation. And no LG doesn't help, at all. They can still see that you're connected through a bot client, if they ever detect it, that is.

Just now, Amni said:

Dear,

Third-Party Clients

mod_ronan

August 05 2016
Third-Party Clients

We want to make all Old School RuneScape players aware of the risks regarding the use of unauthorised third party clients.

Unauthorised third party clients which process graphics differently to the official client, in particular - HD specific clients, have an issue where they are indistinguishable from bot client. Using one will most likely result in your account being banned for botting.

In order to resolve this we would need to open more information to the unauthorised third party client to use, but this would also mean it would become easier to bot, so that is not an option.

Now we have said this we will receive a huge amount of appeals from players claiming they were banned for using a client which processed graphics differently to the official client when, in fact, they botted. For this reason, we will not consider appeals for players banned due to using unauthorised clients which process graphics differently to the official client.

More importantly, because these clients are unauthorised, we do not have any control or knowledge of the information that you enter into them. We would encourage you to think carefully about the value of your personal information and account information before you hand it over to those in the shadows making unauthorised third party clients.

At Jagex the safety and security of our players is of paramount importance to us and in light of that, until further notice, we urge you not to use unauthorised third party clients.

Mods Archie, Ash, Ed, Ghost, Ian, Jed, John C, Kieren, Mat K, Maz, Ronan, Roq, Weath, West
The Old School Team

Read : http://services.runescape.com/m=news/third-party-clients?oldschool=1

Ive been saying exactly this ^ for a while, that they are able to define between OSbuddy / Official OSRS clients & Bot clients / unknown third party clients.

I received lots of hate & flame in diffirent threads where id post my opinion about this based upon personal experience.

Looks like LG does matter.

Hey mate read this before you post some fake info,

5f8f278dad764684946f1ec9e78c9b61.png

1 minute ago, WYD said:

Hey mate read this before you post some fake info,

5f8f278dad764684946f1ec9e78c9b61.png

How have i posted fake info?

I was the one saying OSBuddy wont get you banned.

Just now, Amni said:

How have i posted fake info?

I was the one saying OSBuddy wont get you banned.

You are so lucky this website care about the member's

3 minutes ago, WYD said:

You are so lucky this website care about the member's

I think this must be a misunderstanding lmao.

I do care about the members, why would i else create this post?

To clear things up : 

1 hour ago, Amni said:

Looks like LG does matter. (LG Refering to LG = OSbuddy / Official client)

Edited by Amni

2 hours ago, DontBotherJustDont said:

Assumptions is everything we can make, they will never tell people anything because that would make it easier to bot/bypass their bot detection.

OP is correct, and what he is saying is backed up with valid long term data.

While other people have their own opinion in the matter, the hard data that has been collected on LG does prove it makes a difference. Jagex can in fact determine which client you are using based on their methods and approaches, and since we know they ALLOW the third-party application "OSBuddy" we know they can in differentiate between which client you use, 100%.

Why? Because they state Third-Party clients will get users banned if they detect it within their system, and since OSBuddy is third party client, and no one is getting banned we know 100% that they can determine what is OSBuddy and what is not.

Now if you tie this with the ban system, we know that if Jagex can see you are using OSBuddy client, you have a much lower chance of getting banned but you successfully dodged the system detecting you are using another third-party client , because they allow OSBuddy.

Now lets say you were using a Botting client, the system would pick up that it is not RS Official Client nor is it OSBuddy, which elevates the investigation on the account to level 2, which then it is put through the system to determine if it is a bot or not.

TLDR: Jagex can see you are using OSbuddy, they don't ban you from the system because they need more info you are botting, thus decreases the chances of getting banned. Now I'm not saying LG is 100% unbannable, its not. But it does help you out to a significant degree.

The fact that this is even news/debatable nowadays is what's surprising to me. 

They don't monitor CPU usage, although they do stream over how many cores your CPU has.

My theory is that if a bot client slows down the client FPS, then that will trigger a flag as the client will slow down the rate at which it communicates with the RS servers.

Another theory of mine is that sending the client bad/inconsistent mouse/key events will flag you as a bot. This is something I've focused on with an upcoming system.

12 people like this

I don't know why everyone is just shouting our their intuitive thoughts on the matter. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to create some form of ACTUAL data?

No one has ever tried playing in TRiBot client for extended periods of time doing a repetitive task by hand - if they get banned doing this, it would definitely say something. Likewise, if they don't get banned, and several others get the same results, we can conclude that there actually isn't a detection of the client.