Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Phat Shock

Building 100+ Bot PC Rig

56 posts in this topic

Just now, Montreal said:

@Phat Shock yes, you have to look up compatible server mother boards with dual cpu

^_^, Do i get Support rank soon "TM"?

29 minutes ago, Montreal said:

@Phat Shock yes, you have to look up compatible server mother boards with dual cpu

Thank you, @Montreal 

Could you guys point me in the right direction for a dual cpu and dual motherboard good enough for atleast 50-100 bots

2 hours ago, Phat Shock said:

Thank you, @Montreal 

Could you guys point me in the right direction for a dual cpu and dual motherboard good enough for atleast 50-100 bots

Hey did you end up buying anything last night? I would recommend checking out the dual E5 rigs some people have. Where they take a server motherboard and put in dual intel E5 CPUs.

i7-5960 or 6700k/6900k

gtx 1060 is the way to go

Edited by some0ne

33 minutes ago, some0ne said:

i7-5960 or 6700k/6900k

gtx 1060 is the way to go

Why in hell would you need a graphics card for rs botting lol

1 person likes this

@some0ne He is asking for a rig solely for the purpose of botting. Old School Runescape does not utilize your graphics card in any way, so there is no reason for a GTX 1060. 

What he wants is a dual server with many threads to help run tribot (multi-threaded applications) that also has integrated graphics or a very very cheap GFX card if it does not just to be able to connect to a monitor

I picked up a sub 20 dollar graphics card for one of my botting computers and some others have integrated graphics. You wont need a gtx xxxx

3 hours ago, Frosty XVII said:

Hey did you end up buying anything last night? I would recommend checking out the dual E5 rigs some people have. Where they take a server motherboard and put in dual intel E5 CPUs.

Have not bought anything...yet. Still in search of advice before I pull the trigger on something.

does it really come down to more cores and more ram = more bots? @Montreal @Frosty XVII @WYD

Edited by Phat Shock

@Phat Shock yes, essentially. I'd estimate 256-384 MB of ram per bot. So 32 GB of ram would be a safe bet. You'd also want to utilize high paint delays and disabling graphics to reduce CPU usage

1. 4 hours ago, Frosty XVII said:
    1. /delete
Edited by Phat Shock
please delete this post

2 minutes ago, Phat Shock said:

@Montreal When you get some free time would you be able help me by going on https://pcpartpicker.com/ and building a system that should be able to run 100 bots based on the information we have obtained? I keep going on there and throwing stuff together but i'm really lost... 

10 hours ago, leoshiro said:

someone should post a complete guide on how to build a pc with a price range for lets say 1k,2k,3k etc... with all cpu to choose from etc..

http://pcpartpicker.com/

2 people like this

100 bots on one rig IMO isn't the best option. Personally I'd build 3 or 4 rigs with Intel i7 6850k or similar. You could run amd but you'd need some serious cooling power, that isn't to say you wouldn't need a decent water cooling system for the i7s too though. 

If your heart is set on a one system setup, then you'd have to go for server grade equipment and run dual intel E5s - you'd most likely be looking at $4000+ alone just for the CPUs. It's also not all about cpu benchmarks with RS botting, clock speed, in my experience, has a huge impact - another reason I'd personally go for i7s over E5s, as the i7 is almost designed to be overclocked. 

With server grade equipment i.e. a rig running dual E5s, you'd probably want to pay a datacentre a monthly fee to host the rig for you. 

Edited by Will
1 person likes this

54 minutes ago, Will said:

100 bots on one rig IMO isn't the best option. Personally I'd build 3 or 4 rigs with Intel i7 6850k or similar. You could run amd but you'd need some serious cooling power, that isn't to say you wouldn't need a decent water cooling system for the i7s too though. 

If your heart is set on a one system setup, then you'd have to go for server grade equipment and run dual intel E5s - you'd most likely be looking at $4000+ alone just for the CPUs. It's also not all about cpu benchmarks with RS botting, clock speed, in my experience, has a huge impact - another reason I'd personally go for i7s over E5s, as the i7 is almost designed to be overclocked. 

With server grade equipment i.e. a rig running dual E5s, you'd probably want to pay a datacentre a monthly fee to host the rig for you. 

Wow this is very informative, Will why are you so against 1 desktop setup? Seems like it would be easier, but that doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about. I just figure one desktop should be easier to manage, if you were gonna go for 2 pcs to run 50 accounts what would those specs look like?

8 minutes ago, Phat Shock said:

Wow this is very informative, Will why are you so against 1 desktop setup? Seems like it would be easier, but that doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about. I just figure one desktop should be easier to manage, if you were gonna go for 2 pcs to run 50 accounts what would those specs look like?

You'd be able to do it with high-end i7s and 64gb of ram per system. The other issue you might run into using i7s instead of E5/E3 is that the i7 is designed as a desktop processor. I'm not sure how they would stand up to 24/7 intensive use, compared with the Xeon E series which are server grade and specifically designed to run 24/7/365.

I personally found it much easier running 20-25 accounts per system. This was back in the Nexus client days. It's surprising how cluttered things can get with so much going on on a single system; particularly if you're running a number of different methods. 

I'd also suggest you head over to WebHostingTalk and look at the pay monthly server rental deals companies are offering. You can get some great deals on some seriously powerful servers these days.

Edited by Will

A bit off track, but I'd really recommend starting with a smaller load, say 20, and then increasing in increments of again 20 or so every week. To do this you'll want the short term solution which is not to build a huge rig but to use others' plans (e.g. VPS, dedicated server, etc.)

Using other people's resources will be very viable and cheaper in the short term, and then you can upgrade when you know for sure your methods work. Otherwise, you might see each of the methods crash, and you'll have wasted several thousand versus a couple hundred.

1 person likes this

Processors?

No right answer for this. I doubt you're going to find a CPU at a reasonable budget that is going to be capable of 100+ bots. Once you've calculated the CPU usage of one instance of your script, multiply out. Then you'll have to look at benchmarks (https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html) for various server CPUs and see what meets your needs.  You should probably try to find a used part. 

Note: Some other users are blindly claiming you need to avoid certain processor families. I disagree. While generally Xeon processors are going to outperform core i7, that is not always true. In some cases the two are almost indistinguishable. 

Would be a Microsoft OS.

Ram size and brand?

Depends on what scripts you intend to run and what features (like LG). You need to run your scripts for a period of time to recognize average and peak resource usage. Then just do the math. DDR3 is fine, do not waste your money on DDR4. 

SSD size and brand?

No need for a SSD. 

Hard Drive size and brand?

I personally run my bots in a VM. With a compressed version of Windows 7, you can set up a bot on approximately 10 GB. Do the math. HDDs are cheap. You can get a quality drive for $0.25-$0.5 per GB. 

I would not encourage you to build a system capable of this. Evidently you are not capable of conducting your own research (this is a skill that sharpen with experience), and from the information you provided it seems like you would resort to using a shitty private script or a public script. I doubt you have any business plan (did you even account for the cost of running the server?), and with the current state of macro-detection an amateur like you is going to drown quickly.

Edited by Cognizant

2 minutes ago, Cognizant said:

Processors?

No right answer for this. I doubt you're going to find a CPU at a reasonable budget that is going to be capable of 100+ bots. Once you've calculated the CPU usage of one instance of your script, multiply out. Then you'll have to look at benchmarks (https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html) for various server CPUs and see what meets your needs.  You should probably try to find a used part. 

Would be a Microsoft OS.

Ram size and brand?

Depends on what scripts you intend to run and what features (like LG). You need to run your scripts for a period of time to recognize average and peak resource usage. Then just do the math. DDR3 is fine, do not waste your money on DDR4. 

SSD size and brand?

No need for a SSD. 

Hard Drive size and brand?

I personally run my bots in a VM. With a compressed version of Windows 7, you can set up a bot on approximately 10 GB. Do the math. HDDs are cheap. You can get a quality drive for $0.25-$0.5 per GB. 

I would not encourage you to build a system capable of this. Evidently you are not capable of conducting your own research (this is a skill that sharpen with experience), and from the information you provided it seems like you would resort to using a shitty private script or a public script. I doubt you have any business plan (did you even account for the cost of running the server?), and with the current state of macro-detection an amateur like you is going to drown quickly.

This is a Help and Guidance section, part of my research process is asking people more experienced then me.

btw; Thank you for your input and advice, I actually learned something about  multiplying the cpu usage for 1 client and multiplying it.

Hes just trying to help you so you dont waste a ton of money. Do you have a business model/plan mapped out to where you know what script(s) you'll be running for your 100 bots, an automated process to remake your accounts in mass since they'll be banned in a few days, etc, etc? If you do I might be willing to help you out later today but I don't want to waste time and your money when you spend 3k on a computer for your farm to fail because you didn't properly research and educate yourself.

37 minutes ago, gavin101 said:

Hes just trying to help you so you dont waste a ton of money. Do you have a business model/plan mapped out to where you know what script(s) you'll be running for your 100 bots, an automated process to remake your accounts in mass since they'll be banned in a few days, etc, etc? If you do I might be willing to help you out later today but I don't want to waste time and your money when you spend 3k on a computer for your farm to fail because you didn't properly research and educate yourself.

Hey like I told him I appreciated his advice and that I learned from what he had to say, I appreciate all the help and feedback I can get.

I have a business model and plan; Have extensively researched for the past week and talked to several people alot smarter then me with highly successful Gold Farms.

I know exactly what scripts I will be running.

I have an automated process being built as we speak.

I would love your advice, I am highly considering just buying a server to run 25-30 bots, then doubling that after I figure out the process.

The computer is a goal, I don't wanna rent servers for the next year; I am thinking ahead.

I stand to learn more and am educating myself every second of the day by researching, talking to people, and testing extensively.

Thank you for your input and advice.

Edited by Phat Shock

This is indeed a section about guidance. The idea is that you come in with a thought out plan. Your original post gave me the impression that you hadn't bothered to conduct basic research on your own.  Ideally you would be already have your build planned out, and would be looking for critique. This benefits both sides. Those that are replying to you aren't wasting their time spoon feeding you. You also benefit because you can spot bullshit that might cost you money in the long run.

Have you tested your model out on a small scale? Seeing as how you mentioned you've been researching for a single week I doubt you have had time to do that. You should apply your procedure to 5-10 accounts over a minimum of 2 weeks. Don't rush into renting a server for 25-50 accounts. You need to first work out the kinks, and while you're doing that there is no need for a large number of accounts unless you have a ton of money to blow and this is a fun project for you.

Unless you have a method that you know is reliable, consistent, and cost effective you should not purchase a server yourself. If you are capitalizing on a niche in the game or are unsure of the long-term effectiveness of your strategy you should limit yourself to renting or running a small number of accounts until you become more experienced. 

Feel like some are being very close minded in their advice. Tax laws and methods vary by state and player so much so that some of these ideas may need to be researched by him before he decides whether or not he chooses them, which is what he has clearly said he's doing. Good luck Phat Shock, and if you're the same Phat Shock I was cool with back ages ago under a different name I hope to see you around more.

1 person likes this