Sign in to follow this  
fegmo

WalkingPreference always set to MINIMAP

Hey all,

I'm fairly new to the scripting scene as well as Java, but tend to try figuring out issues I'm having with my own code by myself in hopes of becoming a better programmer. Although I'm getting tangled up with confusion with WalkingPreference. Here's the code:

public static void walkPrefTest() {
	ABUTil abc = new ABUtil();
	while (true) {
		int i = General.random(4, 13);
		System.out.println(abc.generateWalkingPreference(i) + i);
		General.sleep(100);
	}
}

I'm unsure if I'm using it completely incorrectly, if it's a stupid little mistake or if the SCREEN pref is insanely rare.
When using other generated preferences i.e. the bank preference, both preferences show up.

Thanks all in advanced! 

17 minutes ago, fegmo said:

I'm unsure if I'm using it completely incorrectly, if it's a stupid little mistake or if the SCREEN pref is insanely rare.
When using other generated preferences i.e. the bank preference, both preferences show up.

Thanks all in advanced! 

From the api:

Some profiles specify that the player should walk using the screen if the distance is short. Others will specify to always use the minimap. 

Could just be the specific profile for your character, could be that it in general it is rare for screen pref, or it could be that the random number you are testing is a bit high, who knows. Try it with a static, lower number and see if it has any difference?

10 minutes ago, FALSkills said:

Could just be the specific profile for your character, could be that it in general it is rare for screen pref, or it could be that the random number you are testing is a bit high, who knows. Try it with a static, lower number and see if it has any difference?

Hey FALSkills, thanks for the quick responds.

I also thought that was the case, which is why I tried on multiple accounts but had the same outcome (forgot to mention). Maybe I'm just absurdly unlucky haha. Thank you for the input though, I appreciate the help!