Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rosycross

New botting PC

24 posts in this topic

So at some point I would like to buy a new PC only for botting and nothing else.

Now I'm wondering if it's soley to run java appications is it better to go with an Xeon E5 with more cores (10-14) (20-28 threads) at a lower clock speed

around 2.2, or an I7 with less cores ( 8-10) (16-20 threads) but clocked higher around 3.5?

I feel it might be the E5 because java makes proper use of more cores, but I do not have any knowledge on these things at all.

anyone with knowledge hereon that can tell me something  about it?

Edited by rosycross

How many bots do you want to run?

I have the I7 6700K , can recommend :)

31 minutes ago, rosycross said:

So at some point I would like to buy a new PC only for botting and nothing else.

Now I'm wondering if it's soley to run java appications is it better to go with an Xeon E5 with more cores (10-14) (20-28 threads) at a lower clock speed

around 2.2, or an I7 with less cores ( 8-10) (16-20 threads) but clocked higher around 3.5?

I feel it might be the E5 because java makes proper use of more cores, but I do not have any knowledge on these things at all.

anyone with knowledge hereon that can tell me something  about it?

I'm debating on that too, i'm stuck between the Intel Xeon e5 2686 v3 or the i7 5930k. I'm thinking the Xeon will be better as it has more Cores/Threads for botting. i7 is mainly for gaming Xeon processors are better for homeservers/Rendering etc because of the increased amount of cores/threads i believe.

Edited by pietyy

47 minutes ago, Butta said:

How many bots do you want to run?

I aim for around 20 on LG, 6700K surely won't do :P

1 minute ago, rosycross said:

I aim for around 20 on LG, 6700K surely won't do :P

Wouldn´t say that...
TAUAfm2.png

1 client = ~ 1% CPU (depends what script) .

1 minute ago, lethalds said:

Buy a VPS.

not worth on a long term.

Just now, lethalds said:

How come?

lets say you pay $50-100 for the VPS per month. After 1 year you paid $1.2k just for VPS´ -> could have bought a new PC instead.

2 minutes ago, Butta said:

1 client = ~ 1% CPU

but that's not lookingglass right, I thought it's the hooking that's cpu heavy.. still nice though, that 1%

3 minutes ago, lethalds said:

Buy a VPS.

I think oldschool will last quite some time still, and for the ammount of power i'm looking for i probably pay the same money over two years as a complete system would cost me

Just now, rosycross said:

but that's not lookingglass right, I thought it's the hooking that's cpu heavy.. still nice though, that 1%

Nope its not LG.
Dont wanna influence your decision , but you gotta re-think if LG is worth it in your situation

52 minutes ago, pietyy said:

Intel Xeon e5 2686 v3 or the i7 5930k

As i said i do not have any knowledge on these things, but i think its safe to say in this comparisan the E5 is the better one of the two.. 36 threads vs 12 :P

As i said i do not have any knowledge on these things, but i think its safe to say in this comparisan the E5 is the better one of the two.. 36 threads vs 12 :P

Yeah lol Thats gonna be a crazy amount of bots :P

1 minute ago, pietyy said:

Yeah lol Thats gonna be a crazy amount of bots :P

well you might gonna need an automated system there :P

True that lol

2 hours ago, rosycross said:

U decided which one ur going for yet?

24 minutes ago, pietyy said:

U decided which one ur going for yet?

no I hoped someone with understanding about these things would reply, and I wait with my decision until i've spoken to peale who can tell me more. 

5 minutes ago, rosycross said:

no I hoped someone with understanding about these things would reply, and I wait with my decision until i've spoken to peale who can tell me more. 

Well i've basically explained it - a cpu which has a good amount of cores / threads will be good for botting, take a look at Buttas cpu recommendation. There's not a whole lot about it, it's that simple really. Rather do a bit of research yourself rather than asking others so you know for sure whats best.

23 minutes ago, pietyy said:

Well i've basically explained it

I've done my research really.. you said you're stuck between the Intel Xeon e5 2686 v3 and the i7 5930k, which looks obvious to me which one of those would be the better one for a botting pc, so how reliable would any advice be that is in the same piece of text as that comparisan :P

nevertheless thanks for your input, I think you're right. though the I7 6700 is just a 4 core cpu, i'm asking about higher nubers for a reason.

however the better one between an I7 8 core 16 thread at 3.5ghz and a Xeon 12 core 24 threads at 2.2 seem less obvious to me because the diffrence in core is 1/3 and the diffrence in ghz aswell is about 1/3 and I do not know how much of a diffrence the ghz make in performance for java.

36 minutes ago, rosycross said:

I've done my research really.. you said you're stuck between the Intel Xeon e5 2686 v3 and the i7 5930k, which looks obvious to me which one of those would be the better one for a botting pc, so how reliable would any advice be that is in the same piece of text as that comparisan :P

nevertheless thanks for your input, I think you're right. though the I7 6700 is just a 4 core cpu, i'm asking about higher nubers for a reason.

however the better one between an I7 8 core 16 thread at 3.5ghz and a Xeon 12 core 24 threads at 2.2 seem less obvious to me because the diffrence in core is 1/3 and the diffrence in ghz aswell is about 1/3 and I do not know how much of a diffrence the ghz make in performance for java.

Xeon will run a whole lot smoother and give way more bots. I can guarantee it.

4 hours ago, pietyy said:

Xeon will run a whole lot smoother and give way more bots. I can guarantee it.

thought so, just wanted to be sure, i'll go with that then, thanks.