Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Qtulu

When botting, adopt the broken glass mentality.

10 posts in this topic

THE THEORY

When goldfarming, it is crucial to stay on top of the game and especially ahead of the Jagex staff.

However, bans will happen. It doesn't matter if you botted for 4 hours or 4 months, doesn't matter whether you lost or made money. What matters is that the ban is inevitable and WILL happen. If you adopt the broken glass mentality, you will be prepared for the day your accounts get swiped and will be able to rebuild more effectively.

What is the broken glass mentality? It's a zen buddhist approach to everything you come across in life. Allow me to introduce you to the story which inspired me to write this post:

One day some people came to the zen master and asked ‘How can you be happy in a world of such impermanence?' The master held up a glass and said ’Someone gave me this glass, and I really like this glass. It holds my water admirably and it glistens in the sunlight. I touch it and it rings! One day the wind may blow it off the shelf, or my elbow may knock it from the table. And I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.'

All your accounts are already banned. This helps you get over the emotional tsunami you get when you try to login and the screen says: sorry mah niggah, your account has been removed. Everytime you login to the game, you expect this. Or the famous freeze and connection lost right after you log into the game. When this DOESN'T happen, you praise the Seven gods. When it DOES, what does it matter? You expected this.

What do you do when you expect all your accounts to be banned?

You think ahead and get yourself some back-up accounts, even if you just created and hand-trained your precious flax picker team. For every account you currently use in the game, you have one without membership waiting in line to be deployed (you can utilise the same approach with IP's, if you have the money and calculate the loss to gain ratio).

THE CYCLE

If your accounts survive the 14-day membership purchased with a bond, you let them chill in F2P and deploy your back-up ones. It's ideal to have 3+ groups of account you cycle, two groups active, one not active. Sometimes, mix the groups together and let some accounts go botting OR chilling 28 days in a row.

This is something I have been practicing with my farms and it seems to lower the ban rate (at least for me).

Good luck with your automated adventure.

2 people like this

Also having massive reserves and learning how to make accounts survive makes the mental aspect of goldfarming alot more reassuring, even though there is alot of trepidation these days. 

1 person likes this

Also having massive reserves and learning how to make accounts survive makes the mental aspect of goldfarming alot more reassuring, even though there is alot of trepidation these days. 

how do you make accounts survive?

I have to say, these are some very inspiring words, and I can second the necessity of having reserves. It is absolutely essential.

how do you make accounts survive?

That is the real question young padawan. 

1 person likes this

Love the advice. I'm an econ major and we have a broken window fallacy which is kind of similar.

1 person likes this

@Qtulu

It's hard to keep ur mentality, what keeps you motivated?

Formlessness. Whenever your accounts get swiped, it means your method is not 100% effective. Time to adjust it so your account last longer; trial and error. See it as an inevitable part of the process, because that's exactly what it is.

Formlessness. Whenever your accounts get swiped, it means your method is not 100% effective. Time to adjust it so your account last longer; trial and error. See it as an inevitable part of the process, because that's exactly what it is.

Yes my friend but that doesn't explain how you keep motivation?

Yes my friend but that doesn't explain how you keep motivation?

It does indeed; if you assume the current state of your farm is your end goal, you lose your motivation. If you assume the current state of your farm is merely a part of a process, you can stop bullshitting yourself and get working on the process. You gotta get stuck in a positive loop, which I admit is hard with goldfarming since bans are unpredictable and unpleasant. Accept that and the fact that gold farming is not a steady income. I highly suggest you take up programming in Java and write your own scripts if you haven't already, because when you stop gold farming (and you will at a certain point in your life), you will at least have some useful knowledge and not just cash you most likely already spent.

Edited by Qtulu
fixed a typo
1 person likes this