Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rosed

Homeserver, Battlestation, Powerhouse. [Budget Build]

13 posts in this topic

Specsheet:

  • Motherboard: EVGA Classified Super Record 2 (210,- EUR)
    YPgYgVD.png
  • Processors: Intel Xeon X5650 (Two for 90,- EUR)
    (6 Physical cores per CPU, 12 Threads. 24 Threads total. Base Clock = 2,66Ghz)
  • 7OWZ3YU.png
  • Memory: 12x2gb (+1x2gb spare) Hynix ECC DDR3 1333mhz. (All for 40,- EUR)
    21b2746b7f824486801f820d4da03f2a.png
  • CPU Coolers: Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH + Noctua NHU12 (Together for 50,- EUR)
    uWvB1pq.pngQ8kE61z.png
  • Power Supply: Corsair RM1000 (65,- EUR)
    U4tQcrp.png
  • Storage: [Yet to come]
  • Case: [Yet to come, HPTX Form Factor is difficult to get.]
  • Total Spent: 455,- EUR.
Edited by Rosed
Clean Up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats an old CPU.. What's your budget and how many instances do you plan to run? That CPU will barely run 6 instances with 1 concurrent script each.. You will be hugely disappointed with it if you aim anything more than 6 instances. Even then it will push the CPU time to 100% and requires you to allocate both 1 core and 1 thread for each instance for adequate performance.

How do you intent to run the virtual instances? Windows or Linux? OpenVZ or KVM?

Where is this server going to be located at? Do you colocate it to a datacenter or host behind your home connection?

Do you provide unique ip's for each instance? (Failover IP's/VPN/Proxies?)

24 GB RAM is decent even at low speeds, but that CPU is gonna be a serious bottleneck for your server. Go for some old Xeon E5

You are buying 6 years old server hardware as new..

 

Edited by eilif
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, eilif said:

Thats an old CPU.. What's your budget and how many instances do you plan to run? That CPU will barely run 6 instances with 1 concurrent script each.. You will be hugely disappointed with it if you aim anything more than 6 instances. Even then it will push the CPU time to 100% and requires you to allocate both 1 core and 1 thread for each instance for adequate performance.

How do you intent to run the virtual instances? Windows or Linux? OpenVZ or KVM?

Where is this server going to be located at? Do you colocate it to a datacenter or host behind your home connection?

Do you provide unique ip's for each instance? (Failover IP's/VPN/Proxies?)

24 GB RAM is decent even at low speeds, but that CPU is gonna be a serious bottleneck for your server. Go for some old Xeon E5

You are buying 6 years old server hardware as new..

 

it is an old CPU and I'll be buying two of that at second hand price, as for the capability of the CPU I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I will be running the system at my home network and will be port forwarding on my own IP to provide connection info to the customers.

there are no Xeon E5 series for 1366 boards, the whole point of the system is building a cheap but stable system for gold farming.
the EVGA SR-2 board is a widely known heavy duty board capable of extreme overclocking, I would consider getting a couple of unlocked Xeons but that would create an increased risk of instability.

Heres a comparison of the Dual x5650 combination
https://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Xeon+X5650+%40+2.67GHz&id=1304&cpuCount=

Compared to the i7 4790k (widely regarded as a better CPU then even the i7 6700k)
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-4790K+%40+4.00GH

I'd like to add that the i7 4790k has been confirmed to be able to run up to 22 clients simultaneously.

On top of that I also own a i7 4790k, I'll be posting my own benchmarks for comparison soon.

I have lined up the EVGA Classified SR-2 board and am happily excited to start playing around with it.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This E-5 xeons is also good idea as you can get them fairly cheap and it will be lower watt usage, its up to you what you choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rosed said:

 I will be running the system at my home network and will be port forwarding on my own IP to provide connection info to the customers.
 

So you will be offering exact same IP for over 10 individuals for botting? I really hope they know how to use proxies. xD

Edited by eilif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, guer said:

This E-5 xeons is also good idea as you can get them fairly cheap and it will be lower watt usage, its up to you what you choose.

those processors are significantly more expensive and don't have 1366 socket support meaning I'd need a different board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, eilif said:

So you will be offering exact same IP for over 10 individuals for botting? I really hope they know how to use proxies. xD

I'll be offering the same connection IP yeah, but I can easily resell proxies to my customers is they need them, or I can work on an affiliate basis with a proxy seller. Also, I'll be providing support for the environments so I'll be helping people who are confused by the interfacing or unfamiliar with networking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2016 at 4:52 AM, Rosed said:

I'll be offering the same connection IP yeah, but I can easily resell proxies to my customers is they need them, or I can work on an affiliate basis with a proxy seller. Also, I'll be providing support for the environments so I'll be helping people who are confused by the interfacing or unfamiliar with networking.

How much will your build with x2 xeon 5650 end up costing you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2016 at 11:31 PM, Duhstin said:

@Rosed , Did you ever build/buy this?

I currently own the following components: 2x X5650 Xeon CPU's, EVGA Sr-2 Motherboard, 12x2gb DDR3 ECC RAM, 1000Watt 80+ Gold rated PSU.

I have the means of storage ready, when i get round to it i will try booting the system and see how many clients I can run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice;

 

I got a dual Xeon E5 2670 rig. I'm currently running 60 accounts at 52% cpu usage right now.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.