Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

moiz.frost

Question on CIR Internet Connection

4 posts in this topic

As far as I know this what a CIR connection is:  So basically a CIR connection is as abbreviated "committed information rate" which means that you get a 1:1 contention ratio meaning that if you purchased a 1mb package, then you would get a 1mb upload and well as download speed with the lowest possible latency (they are connected through fiber optics) and even during high load times, you would still get 1mb upload/download.

Right now I have a DSL connection subscribed to an 8mb package which basically gives a contention of 1:8 which means I get 1m downloads but shitty uploads since DSL are more inclined towards download speeds. And yes a CIR connection is pretty expensive and not usually advertised since they are purchased by corporates who run businesses.

So my question is that first of all, did I state all the information above correctly? And secondly, is it worth using that sort of connection for home usage that guarantees these kind of perks given that I can easily afford it?

If anyone of you had experience using it, please share and don't go pissing on me if I said something wrong.

P.S: This is not for botting

Edited by moiz.frost

2 hours ago, moiz.frost said:

As far as I know this what a CIR connection is:  So basically a CIR connection is as abbreviated "committed information rate" which means that you get a 1:1 contention ratio meaning that if you purchased a 1mb package, then you would get a 1mb upload and well as download speed with the lowest possible latency (they are connected through fiber optics) and even during high load times, you would still get 1mb upload/download.

Right now I have a DSL connection subscribed to an 8mb package which basically gives a contention of 1:8 which means I get 1m downloads but shitty uploads since DSL are more inclined towards download speeds. And yes a CIR connection is pretty expensive and not usually advertised since they are purchased by corporates who run businesses.

So my question is that first of all, did I state all the information above correctly? And secondly, is it worth using that sort of connection for home usage that guarantees these kind of perks given that I can easily afford it?

If anyone of you had experience using it, please share and don't go pissing on me if I said something wrong.

P.S: This is not for botting

The only reason I could see behind going for such a connection would be if you needed the upload speeds. Many users do not upload much data and as a result do not need a good upload speed! If you don't need the upload speed, why waste money on it?

5 hours ago, iFluffee said:

The only reason I could see behind going for such a connection would be if you needed the upload speeds. Many users do not upload much data and as a result do not need a good upload speed! If you don't need the upload speed, why waste money on it?

I live in Pakistan, internet pretty much sucks here and I multiplayer games a lot so I typically get around 120ms latency which is really bad for fps shooters, so maybe this is the right choice.

Even If you have symmetrical download and upload speeds on your home connection, it wont affect jackshit on your ping If the distance to the gameserver/host is long.

The only way to reduce ping is to reduce the distance to the other end.

Some countries have shitty peering so the data can take a longer route to a target. To fix this either change ur ISP and hope for the best, or force your home connection to some nearby data center which supposedly uses premium routing and has better peering to your target gameserver.

This can be done by renting a dedicated server near Pakistan, and then tunneling your home traffic via it to the world by using UDP based VPN connection.

Alternatively use Service like wtffast to test that concept. I suppose you could reduce it by 10 to 20 ms.

Obv If you live in Europe or North America you wont benefit from this since the peering for all routing is already excellent.

Edited by eilif