Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Pwningcows

Pwningcows's Gold Farming Guide - Part 1 - Account Safety

76 posts in this topic

Gold Farming - Part 1 - Account Safety

So here is the long awaited gold farming guide that everyone has been waiting for. In this series we will be talking about various account safety measures to keep your account working for you, long term. I cannot stress this enough that even with every safety precaution you use, it is STILL possible to get banned, so only bot on accounts you do not care about. Lets get started.

==============================================================================================================

Account Creation:

Arguably the most important aspect when you want to start a farm. Keeping accounts separated and on different IP networks will keep your accounts from being noticed while creating and when botting. Jagex will temporarily block certain IPs from creating accounts if they notice you are making them in bulk, for instance an example of poor account creation vs. correct account creation:

Poor Account Creation: 

You create 4 accounts within an hour, the 5th account you make is blocked because you created too many accounts on a single IP, now you must wait for your IP to be unsuspended creating a flagged IP that Jagex now watches over. You are now limited to making accounts and now you are wasting time.

Correct Account Creation:

You create 4 accounts over 2 proxies, IP1 and IP2. You make 2 accounts on IP1 and 2 accounts on IP2, now since you didn't make bulk accounts on 1 IP you are still free to make more accounts by oscillating between the two IPs. By doing this you relieve stress on a single IP which could of possibly been marked as flagged causing future accounts to be watched over and banned faster. 

===============================================================================================================

Account Appearance:

Have you ever seen a default level 3 character with green pants, brown shirt, and bald? Well he either doesn't care about his account or he's misinformed about how to gold farm correctly. Appearance makes the bot, if you want to be successful you need to act the part. Dressing your character up may not sound like it will do much but it will. Almost all bans come from player reports. Legit players feel the need to ban your bots because they feel it is unfair that you are using a system to produce resources while they can't, this is the incentive to ban bots. If you had 2 accounts, 1 with default "bob" look and 1 with full rune, it is more likely that your default character will be reported more often than the account with full Rune. Now this is not always the case as Jagex will have automated bot detection system that will ban you either way, but if you are using "looking glass" having your account look more legit will improve your longevity and overall success rate. Putting that extra 5 minutes of work to dress your character up will be very worth it in the end.

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.20.40 PM.png                          VS.                      Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.17.20 PM.png

If you were to guess which one of these two accounts were a bot, the obvious answer would be the left one because the right account looks like a splasher. The real answer is that they are both bots, but since people think the right account is just been splashing "afk" it'll reduce the chances of player bans, which overall will reduce the chance of getting banned. While the account on the left just screams "bot" and will most likely be banned within 24 hours. This is just an example of an outfit you could potentially use on your accounts, and it is better to mix up your outfits rather than to have all your bots dressed up the same. The goal here is to simulate a real player.

==============================================================================================================

Account Stats and Questing:

Account stats and quests are the numbers Jagex can use to determine a bot. If you want to make your accounts last randomize your skills you train and do some quests every now and then. F2P accounts are limited to the number of items they can trade over the GE or to another player for the first 17 hours (correct me if I'm wrong), but this can be over come by getting 8 quest points (also not 100% sure of this number). From my experience players who have a large number of F2P quests done will be more lenient when they are caught botting and will receive a 2-14 day ban before they are permanently. Don't be lazy and only level up the skill you are using to gold farm, but take some time and work on your botting accounts to make sure they look legit. This way they will last a lot longer than an average bot.

============================================================================================================

Stay Undetected:

Since we know that appearance matters, and player reports play a role in being banned, staying undetected is a major key in dodging player reports. How to stay undetected? Bot in various areas that correspond to your botting habits. If you are using a Fletching Script, you are better off either botting in a very public place with many people on 1 square, for example the Grand Exchange in World 2, OR botting in an empty bank booth that you know no one will come to. Avoiding real players is the best way to stay unbanned, but this does not mean you cannot stay undetected forever. Jagex bot system is a lot better than you think it is. Botting large amount of hours is very risky and unnecessary for long term profit. However this should not shy you away from botting 24/7 which is very possible, but bans will come almost always. 

============================================================================================================

Breaks

Normal humans do not play for extended periods of times, if you want to reduce your bans use breaks according to what you set your age to when creating the account. Jagex will use this "age" variable to determine if it is possible for this player to be playing for long hours. For example if you set your age to 10-15, Jagex knows that you are likely to be in elementary school/high school which will determine your hours of play. Teenagers usually get out of school at 2-3PM EST so if they see that you are playing 12 hours a day, but your age is set to 13, this will be a huge indicator that you are a bot. Depending on your type of bot farm (which I will cover in part 2) you can either break this rule or follow it. Do not be discourage with this number, it is still very possible to have 24/7 bot farms then run all the time but they require a bit more work and knowledge on how to run.

Proxies:

Proxies overall are a great investment for gold farming. Basically proxies help you separate your accounts from being chain banned. What is chain banning? Chain banning is when all of your accounts you are botting are on a single IP address, lets say 1 account on this IP address is banned for botting. Jagex will then run a check on that IP to see if there are any other accounts on that IP that are also botting, if they detect any sort of suspicious activity then they do a mass ban on that single IP and wipe all the accounts associated with that IP. This means even if you have 5 account botting and only 1 of the 5 account gets caught, all 5 will still get banned. The way around this is to separate your IP address which each account so they have their own special space to avoid contact with other accounts. An example of correctly using proxies vs. not using proxies would be as so:

Not Using Proxies:

You have 10 accounts all botting on the same IP. Each of them are doing different tasks, fishing, woodcutting, mining, smithing etc. However Bot 3 is caught by Jagex's detection system. Jagex now runs a check on that IP to see if there are any other accounts associated with this IP. They find the other 9 accounts and ban all 10 accounts with 1 single click. You have now just wasted time and resources.

Using Proxies:

You have 10 accounts all botting on different IP. Each of them are doing different tasks, fishing, woodcutting, mining, smithing etc. This time Bot 5 is caught by Jagex's detection system. Jagex runs a check on Bot 5's IP address and sees no other bots on that IP. Your other 9 accounts are now safe from Bot 5's mistake by being caught. Now each account does not need it's own unique IP addresses, it really depends on what type of "Bot Farm" you want to run (this will be covered in another guide in the future). Some farms will be sufficient enough so that you can have multiple accounts on an IP and so on and so forth. 

*You can purchase premium proxies on our site virtualbuddy.org*

========================================================================================================

Documentation:

The most important rule of gold farming when you are starting out is documenting all your work, with all your steps. Why? If you get banned you can check your logs to see where you went wrong, and can prevent it from happening again. Lots of new people fail to realize how important this step is when gold farming because it requires lots of work to maintain information, however once you get the hang of it like I have it will only take you a few minutes everyday to update your docs. I recommend having your information on a spreadsheet such as Google Docs, with all information regarding the account in the cells. 

An example template will be used here. I document all my information in my Google Docs everyday when checking and looting accounts:

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.51.45 AM.png

As you can see I have everything from my account login to my total amount of gold made. Keeping track of your membership and account gold will vastly improve your chances of being successful while gold farming. Remember don't be lazy this will pay off in the end, and keep grinding. 

An example of some of the cells being filled in will result in your ending cells to look like this (This is from last summer when I ran my Tau GE Bot Farm):

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.55.04 AM.png

Further more I also document what I need to do next time, and work towards little goals everyday which add up tremendously. 

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.57.05 AM.png

This is just an example of what you could do depending on what kind of bot farm you want to be running. Overall the more organized you are the better off you will be, if you are serious about making money gold farming you need to treat this as a real job, as you will be making real money. Mule your gold on Legit looking accounts and sell regularly with accurate gold prices, and do not get ripped off as lots of gold resellers will try to "low ball" your gold. I would highly recommend selling your gold to big time gold resellers as it will greatly reduce your chances of being scammed when selling. If you need help looking for gold prices, feel free to PM me as I document resellers average buy prices everyday. 

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 1.00.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.59.50 AM.png

My Payouts are directly deposited to my IRL Bank account after I receive it via PayPal. 

========================================================================================================

This about wraps up Part 1 of my Gold Farming Series. Be sure to follow me by going to my profile here: https://tribot.org/forums/profile/67302-pwningcows/ and click the "follow" button to be noticed when my other parts are released!

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.41.49 PM.png

Use code: GOLDFARM for 10% off all Runescape related products on our site. 

Edited by Pwningcows
6 people like this

Saw this advertised on VirtualBuddy.org. Looks like a decent read, will edit once I've gotten through it :)

Good read covers the basics. It's 7 quest points to get rid of the trade limit, or 18 hours of actual game play (account must be logged in) however, the trade limit only applies to certain items. There are items which you can farm and trade with the trade limit still in place, but if you have the items you can complete the 7 quests in 15-20 minutes, just takes walking from Lumbridge to Falador, job done. 

Edited by Joux
2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Joux said:

Saw this advertised on VirtualBuddy.org. Looks like a decent read, will edit once I've gotten through it :)

This is just a small sample of what is too come, Part 2 will deal with "Bot Farm Types". So be sure to follow me here https://tribot.org/forums/profile/67302-pwningcows/ to be notified when Part 2 comes!

3 minutes ago, Pwningcows said:

This is just a small sample of what is too come, Part 2 will deal with "Bot Farm Types". So be sure to follow me here https://tribot.org/forums/profile/67302-pwningcows/ to be notified when Part 2 comes!

I've spent hours working on Spreadsheets trying to calculate and track how much each bot has made/is making, keeping track of the gold going through different accounts was a nightmare though so I gave up with it now, I just keep a track of the RWT transactions that I do. Although if I was buying bonds for my accounts, I probably would have too keep a track of the renewal dates and to make sure the accounts are profiting. 'Followed' looking forward to the read of the series :) 

1 minute ago, Joux said:

I've spent hours working on Spreadsheets trying to calculate and track how much each bot has made/is making, keeping track of the gold going through different accounts was a nightmare though so I gave up with it now, I just keep a track of the RWT transactions that I do. Although if I was buying bonds for my accounts, I probably would have too keep a track of the renewal dates and to make sure the accounts are profiting. 'Followed' looking forward to the read of the series :) 

If you have a P2P farm it is very important to track your renew dates because some scripts don't have a fail safe when they run out of membership and will stay logged in for an extended period of time. Tracking gold on the accounts is a must because you need to know how much gold you have in stock at all times to determine when you should sell it. Most of my methods require "money" to make "money" so its very important to track how much they make.

looking forward for part 2!, but i thought the guide will be for sell not for free, cuz it says 100-150$ a day if your going to post this kind of guide i dont think it will be 100-150$ a day anymore

39 minutes ago, Pwningcows said:

You create 4 accounts within an hour, the 5th account you make is blocked because you created too many accounts on a single IP, now you must wait for your IP to be unsuspended creating a flagged IP that Jagex now watches over. You are now limited to making accounts and now you are wasting time.

Sure about this?

1 minute ago, JBeer said:

Sure about this?

It's an example, but yes, it will block your IP if you create too many accounts on a single IP. 

17 minutes ago, leoshiro said:

looking forward for part 2!, but i thought the guide will be for sell not for free, cuz it says 100-150$ a day if your going to post this kind of guide i dont think it will be 100-150$ a day anymore

The size of your farm depicts the amount you make, it will always be possible to make $100-$150 a day gold farming if you expand fast enough.

12 minutes ago, JBeer said:

Sure about this?

You have 4 tries before your ip is blocked, so if the username is taken already you only have 3 tries left. Just switch proxy after making 3 accounts to stay safe. :)

Nice guide :)

What's your opinion on level 3's though? I've had both level 3's and accounts from level 40/50 but they get banned about the same rate :(

An excellent read for both new and experienced botters alike. The guide is well written and well organized. The amount of effort put in is quite apparent and I know many people will learn much from it. Excellent job! :)

I'm sure part two will be just as great :)

Edited by iFluffee
2 people like this

12 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Nice guide :)

What's your opinion on level 3's though? I've had both level 3's and accounts from level 40/50 but they get banned about the same rate :(

I rarely deal with level 3's bot farm because of the sheer amount of automation that is required to be effective. Ban will sore through the roof, however it is not impossible to turn a profit.

6 minutes ago, iFluffee said:

An excellent read for both new and experienced botters alike. The guide is well written and well organized. The amount of effort put in is quite apparent and I know many people will learn much from it. Excellent job! :)

I'm sure part two will be just as great :)

Thanks very much, really appreciate all the positive feedback :)

1 minute ago, Pwningcows said:

I rarely deal with level 3's bot farm because of the sheer amount of automation that is required to be effective. Ban will sore through the roof,

Fair enough mate, do you have skype at all? It would be awesome to add you. Im not new to this game at all but would maybe good to bounce ideas off to develop newer techniques and tweaks for my own methods :)

4 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Fair enough mate, do you have skype at all? It would be awesome to add you. Im not new to this game at all but would maybe good to bounce ideas off to develop newer techniques and tweaks for my own methods :)

For sure my Skype is: lazyrandeh 

Always verify with me with a PM on Tribot, I will never refuse a PM.

44 minutes ago, JBeer said:

Sure about this?

+1 I've been meaning to test out how they monitor the registrations. 

If I use a fresh IP (no, not a proxy) and I try to register account after account, they'll block me after probably the second account, maybe the third at most. I'll register a account, wait 5-10 minutes. I usually register accounts while doing other tasks, so I register one in between doing other things. Clear cache/cookies/browsing data, I've got Firefox to automatically do this every time it closes, I use Chrome as my daily browser. Then I can register another one, as long as I don't try to register account after account, they haven't blocked me. 

I don't agree with anything you've written about proxies, in theory yes but in practice when botting on 07, no.

11 minutes ago, Joux said:

+1 I've been meaning to test out how they monitor the registrations. 

If I use a fresh IP (no, not a proxy) and I try to register account after account, they'll block me after probably the second account, maybe the third at most. I'll register a account, wait 5-10 minutes. I usually register accounts while doing other tasks, so I register one in between doing other things. Clear cache/cookies/browsing data, I've got Firefox to automatically do this every time it closes, I use Chrome as my daily browser. Then I can register another one, as long as I don't try to register account after account, they haven't blocked me. 

I don't agree with anything you've written about proxies, in theory yes but in practice when botting on 07, no.

I have years of ban data to prove my theory is correct, with multiple script writers/large time gold farmers that side with my theory. In the end it is your own opinion to believe me or not, I'm not saying you have to follow my exact outline. You have multiple variables to consider and from what I can see from your post is that you're not making a massive amount of accounts in a short amount of time. My Theory stands for fully automated scripts that will register your accounts for you, and from past manually making the accounts after 4~ will temporarily block you from registering more accounts. Further more I have over $20k USD in gold farming sales, so it's fairly safe to say I know what I'm talking about. 

Again, this is my data, from my experience, I appreciate your opinion but I have years of experience to stand by my words. 

Proxies don't really matter if you're not doing gold farming activities such as combat training on several accounts even if its to get whips ;)

Great guide @Pwningcows it's about time someone wrote an updated guide (especially with how finicky botting has become in the last year).

Nice basic guide, hope to see something more advanced next time around.

1 hour ago, asher roth said:

Proxies don't really matter if you're not doing gold farming activities such as combat training on several accounts even if its to get whips ;)

Very true :), my guides are usually built for extreme profits though. I hardly play the game for fun anymore, it's just something to do for residual income for free which is fun cause it's basically running your own online business. 

48 minutes ago, justpixels said:

Great guide @Pwningcows it's about time someone wrote an updated guide (especially with how finicky botting has become in the last year).

Thanks @justpixels, I hope everyone appreciates the work I put into these free guides. 

15 minutes ago, MrDrunt said:

Nice basic guide, hope to see something more advanced next time around.

Oh for sure. I want to cover very in-depth for gold farming thats why I have to start with the basics. Not everyone will start out at the same level of knowledge so it's a lot better to start from the ground up. 

53 minutes ago, Pwningcows said:

I have years of ban data to prove my theory is correct, with multiple script writers/large time gold farmers that side with my theory. In the end it is your own opinion to believe me or not, I'm not saying you have to follow my exact outline. You have multiple variables to consider and from what I can see from your post is that you're not making a massive amount of accounts in a short amount of time. My Theory stands for fully automated scripts that will register your accounts for you, and from past manually making the accounts after 4~ will temporarily block you from registering more accounts. Further more I have over $20k USD in gold farming sales, so it's fairly safe to say I know what I'm talking about. 

Again, this is my data, from my experience, I appreciate your opinion but I have years of experience to stand by my words. 

I wasn't asking you to justify your knowledge, I was just sharing what's been working for me and my experience. Creating large numbers of accounts in a short time is going to require proxies because as we know, Jagex blocks the IP from registering more accounts. I was more talking about the use of proxies while botting, which is actually what your guide talks about most, not registration automation or even how to register multiple accounts 

I'll explain, what you've said about not linking accounts together using the same IP addresses is a fair and valid point, but what about potential tracking data left behind by Jagex in the cache folder, or the random.dat file, or any other file which is installed to your computer when you load RS. Even using different IP addresses your accounts could, be linked together through this potential method of user tracking, if Jagex don't have any other tracking files and they're only way of tracking users is IP addresses.

Have you experienced getting an IP banned? From what I've read, getting IP banned or getting all the accounts used by IP banned is rare. I wouldn't know if they've flagged my IP, because as I've said I change it regularly however, getting an account on my IP banned has never resulted in another account on the same IP getting banned. Of course my level of activity on RS is probably a lot smaller than yours is, or  'large time gold farmers' which have sided with your theory, from your experience and from speaking to the larger farmers which is why I'm asking you.

8 minutes ago, Joux said:

I wasn't asking you to justify your knowledge, I was just sharing what's been working for me and my experience. Creating large numbers of accounts in a short time is going to require proxies because as we know, Jagex blocks the IP from registering more accounts. I was more talking about the use of proxies while botting, which is actually what your guide talks about most, not registration automation or even how to register multiple accounts 

I'll explain, what you've said about not linking accounts together using the same IP addresses is a fair and valid point, but what about potential tracking data left behind by Jagex in the cache folder, or the random.dat file, or any other file which is installed to your computer when you load RS. Even using different IP addresses your accounts could, be linked together through this potential method of user tracking, if Jagex don't have any other tracking files and they're only way of tracking users is IP addresses.

Have you experienced getting an IP banned? From what I've read, getting IP banned or getting all the accounts used by IP banned is rare. I wouldn't know if they've flagged my IP, because as I've said I change it regularly however, getting an account on my IP banned has never resulted in another account on the same IP getting banned. Of course my level of activity on RS is probably a lot smaller than yours is, or  'large time gold farmers' which have sided with your theory, from your experience and from speaking to the larger farmers which is why I'm asking you.

Basically Jagex has no reason to track IP's throughly for accounts because they could be linked through multiple networks. Instead they check the IP of the account at that time they decide to check the account. Sure you can be tracked through multiple IP address but again this is only a theory, we do not really know what Jagex does, we have to keep making assumptions and testing theories to get accurate data. There are tons of other variables to consider how Jagex can link accounts together so Jagex cache, and random.dat file are just a theory. I haven't done any tests because I don't really care, I separate my accounts so well I don't need to worry about possibly linking accounts. I expect bans to come so I prepare for them, I do not play this game for fun, I play to profit. Bans will come and go you just need to move on. All of my knowledge is from my experience, different people will have different experiences. For me this has work for me for 6+ years. Using VPS/Proxies is the best way to separate accounts. 

As for getting IP banned, yes you can get IP flagged. I've tested this theory on my University Campus internet which is a shared network between thousands of users. My accounts would be banned within a couple of minutes of botting, and chain banning would occur. If you do not believe me load 10 accounts up, and get them all banned. Your next batch won't be as lucky. IP banning is not rare, if Jagex determines you are a large time gold farmer they will IP ban you. I used to have a small team of gold farmers on campus and we would all be affected by another persons mistake because we all shared the same network IP, so yes chain banning is real, if you don't believe me try it yourself. Again it is how detectable your account is also, if you have all 10 accounts woodcutting they will be chain banned. 

10 minutes ago, guer said:

You dont need to fill out anything. AUTOMATE.

Automation is key you are correct. But sometimes manually inputting your data is a lot more reliable when it's only a few cells to be filled in. 

12 minutes ago, Pwningcows said:

As for getting IP banned, yes you can get IP flagged. I've tested this theory on my University Campus internet which is a shared network between thousands of users. My accounts would be banned within a couple of minutes of botting, and chain banning would occur. If you do not believe me load 10 accounts up, and get them all banned. Your next batch won't be as lucky. IP banning is not rare, if Jagex determines you are a large time gold farmer they will IP ban you. I used to have a small team of gold farmers on campus and we would all be affected by another persons mistake because we all shared the same network IP, so yes chain banning is real, if you don't believe me try it yourself. Again it is how detectable your account is also, if you have all 10 accounts woodcutting they will be chain banned. 

Thanks for the info that's really the main question I was asking. I don't fancy testing it out, just for the discussion I'll take your word for it. I'll stick too changing my IP address and your right it's all theories and guesswork to how Jagex detect us, we won't get too know we can only go on a trial / error basis. Thanks for being so willing to share your years of experience and knowledge, looking forward to the rest of the series :)