Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dodgedave

Need advice on sheduled breaking

5 posts in this topic

So I'm looking to be able to have my bots start a break on a given local time, such as 10:00am.

I've played around with Tribot's built-in breaking system, but it only supports set intervals

I've tried to use the Windows 7 task scheduler, by putting the computer to sleep and wake up at a given time. The scripts unforunately stop when the computer wakes up.

Any ideas?

Setting up the intervals in correspondence to when you start the script. I start my bots at the same time everyday and manage the breaks accordingly changing them day to do even with the randomness of TriBot break handler each day I use a different pre-set I have saved. 

If you aren't messing with the code, you'll need to just make do with Break Handler or Script Queue. Neither support adding an arbitrary time, just set intervals based upon script start-time. 

3 hours ago, Chef Sk1llz said:

Setting up the intervals in correspondence to when you start the script. I start my bots at the same time everyday and manage the breaks accordingly changing them day to do even with the randomness of TriBot break handler each day I use a different pre-set I have saved. 

This is what I do. I start bots before leaving to go to work, they run for a 10-30 mins while I'm still home, then they take a long break for a few hours, until it's a bit more of a reasonable time for somebody to login and play for hours straight, can't see many gamers waking up 6/7AM, logging in and then playing for a couple of hours straight. Starting the bots at around the same time every day is key for this to work, but with the various random options, all of my bots end up breaking at different times anyway, it's important you use the random feature as much as you can otherwise using the break handler over and over again will develop a pattern.

I would test some breaking and see how it works best.

If you break too often , your profit per hour may drop too much, and you waste electric energy.