Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beastmodeon12345

IP address/Proxy Discussion related to BAN

10 posts in this topic

So I've done some reading through the forums and need some clarification.. I am in the process of setting up a personal  bot farm using premium scripts. I purchased two accounts, never logged in on my IP address but I did login on the RS homepage to change the pass. I also recently purchased a SOCKS5 server in hope to use it when botting these accounts. Some threads that I've read encourages you to create the account of the SOCKS5 proxy to reduce chain bans on your personal IP address. How protected is my IP address in this scenario?

Edited by beastmodeon12345

20 minutes ago, gamemaste788 said:

Yes create accounts on the socks5 proxy, I know from personally experience.

Okay but using the accounts I purchased on a proxy server wont get my personal IP address flagged if I never officially logged into them on my personal IP?

1 minute ago, beastmodeon12345 said:

Okay but using the accounts I purchased on a proxy server wont get my personal IP address flagged if I never officially logged into them on my personal IP?

yes

1 minute ago, gamemaste788 said:

yes

"yes" it wont get flagged or "yes" it will? I did login to the rs homepage to change the pass but not onto the account in-game or via any client

1 hour ago, beastmodeon12345 said:

bump, still not clear

it wont get flagged. I make all my accounts on separate ips and sometimes I might need to log 1 in on my ip as well. it doesn't flag it. but.... don't log into all your accounts within a short period of time on the same ip cause that will flag them and get banned quick, I made that mistake cause I panicked and thought they were all banned so I wanted to check. so I logged in on all of them under same ip within mintues and the next day all were banned. (this was with 10 accounts)

Edited by neonhamster

The True answer is we don't know when/where Runescape logs accounts IPs, we also don't know how Jagex goes about IP bans, they certainly don't just ban all accounts on the same IP address without due diligence, I believe that when an account is flagged as a bot and ready to be banned, they most likely do a "quick" check on all accounts that have been known to use the same IP to see if any have tell tell signs of being a bot, those accounts would then be put into a more stringent check.

They may even keep the "flagged" IP on record to do subsequent "quick" checks for any amount of time after the initial account was found botting.

things to keep in mind -:

Your IP is definitely logged during account creation and when logging into the game.

its unclear whether your IP also logged when confirming email or logging in on the website etc.

there is no reason to believe that they don't log your IP all the time.

all this is to say its best practice to use the same IP for every interaction you have the with account.

Recently, there's been a thing where Jagex thinks your "account is stolen" when you make your account on a separate IP address than that of the one you're using for client. You can use proxifier to use the socks5 address you have to create the account and then use the tribot client fine. And side note, every website logs your IP every time you connect.

6 minutes ago, XeroXero said:

Recently, there's been a thing where Jagex thinks your "account is stolen" when you make your account on a separate IP address than that of the one you're using for client. You can use proxifier to use the socks5 address you have to create the account and then use the tribot client fine. And side note, every website logs your IP every time you connect.

I had that problem were an account would let me back in for 10 minutes then lock me out again, it happened like 10 times, i found it went away once the account became a member.

coincidence? doubt it. :P

Edited by seany123456