Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Joux

Having trouble running Tribot on Linux (Galliumos / Xubuntu)

4 posts in this topic

I've had this Acer C720p just sat collecting dust for ages, it's a Chromebook by default using ChromeOS which is really limited, I bought it with the idea of converting it to a Linux notebook and anyway, I finally got round too it! It's running a distro called Galliumos which is optimized for Chromebooks, which is based on Xubuntu.

I should probably mention I have very limited Linux knowledge, but have installed OpenJDK8 and also changed the permissions of the JAR file, but whenever I attempt to open it, using java -jar tribot/file/path/tribot.jar - I get a java error message about the main class? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, would love to be able to bot on the notebook and game on my desktop, at the moment I can either bot or game, doing both isn't an option :(

Thanks! 

32 minutes ago, Joux said:

I've had this Acer C720p just sat collecting dust for ages, it's a Chromebook by default using ChromeOS which is really limited, I bought it with the idea of converting it to a Linux notebook and anyway, I finally got round too it! It's running a distro called Galliumos which is optimized for Chromebooks, which is based on Xubuntu.

I should probably mention I have very limited Linux knowledge, but have installed OpenJDK8 and also changed the permissions of the JAR file, but whenever I attempt to open it, using java -jar tribot/file/path/tribot.jar - I get a java error message about the main class? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, would love to be able to bot on the notebook and game on my desktop, at the moment I can either bot or game, doing both isn't an option :(

Thanks! 

From what I recall when I was trying to get TRiBot to work on Linux, OpenJDK doesn't work with TRiBot. Instead you have to use the official Oracle Java JDK. Try uninstalling the OpenJDK and reinstalling the OracleJDK. That should fix the issue! :)

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, iFluffee said:

From what I recall when I was trying to get TRiBot to work on Linux, OpenJDK doesn't work with TRiBot. Instead you have to use the official Oracle Java JDK. Try uninstalling the OpenJDK and reinstalling the OracleJDK. That should fix the issue! :)

Thank you!! Will give that ago

49 minutes ago, iFluffee said:

Got Tribot running! Thank you. Does the LG client work with Linux? How should I load RS if it does? I get really bad lag when using it on my Win7 desktop