Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tomahawk297

Hacked, not by Tribot or anything involving it.

9 posts in this topic

Alright, so i'm not really sure where to post this but today is my second day back using Tribot (or any bot for that matter) in a LONG time. After about 5 hours of botting i logged out and tried to log right back in to find out that my account was already logged into. Thinking it was just Runescape being stupid i logged in and didn't catch the previous IP address or anything(probably on VPN anyways) but my account was cleaned. Wasn't a whole lot on there thankfully maybe 10m or so, but i have only used the "aMiner" about 2 weeks ago for like 30 minutes and then today i have been using the "JJ AIO Fighter". I am not on any other websites related to anything Runescape, and i don't download or click things that would get me keylogged or anything of that sort. I'm also on a 2-day old brand new laptop. I don't know what the source of me being hacked was, just giving you guys a heads up that something on here cleaned my account.

****EDIT**** Figured out how i was hacked. Nothing to do with the kind people of Tribot or the scripters(which i learned is impossible anyways). Changing all account information, gonna try to be a little less stoopid next time ;)

Edited by tomahawk297

On 4/21/2016 at 2:28 PM, YoHoJo said:

TRiBot scripters have no access to your account information by design.

TRiBot has thousands of happy recurring users, it wouldn't make sense to risk it's reputation hacking a few users.

Feel free to search any thread on TRiBot claiming to be hacked and you'll see that it's clearly not the case.

I recommend scanning your computer with a few different programs, and ideally reformatting.
Something besides TRiBot was the cause of this.

Did you check leakedsource to see if your username is on there? If so, then that's most likely the reason.

4 minutes ago, donders said:

Did you check leakedsource to see if your username is on there? If so, then that's most likely the reason.

Checked, can't find anything on any usernames or emails having anything to do with my Runescape account. I'm really wanting to believe that YoHo is right and i'm sure he is, I just literally have no idea how this could be possible. I've been to nothing but big name websites that are non-Runescape related, and then Tribot, Runescape, OSbuddy. Only things i've downloaded are Tor, OSbuddy, Runescape, Tribot, Chrome, Itunes. Going to do several scans just because, but my mind is boggled.

1 minute ago, tomahawk297 said:

Checked, can't find anything on any usernames or emails having anything to do with my Runescape account. I'm really wanting to believe that YoHo is right and i'm sure he is, I just literally have no idea how this could be possible. I've been to nothing but big name websites that are non-Runescape related, and then Tribot, Runescape, OSbuddy. Only things i've downloaded are Tor, OSbuddy, Runescape, Tribot, Chrome, Itunes. Going to do several scans just because, but my mind is boggled.

Keep in mind that during the weekend anyone can use the botpanel, where you can see on what accounts/emails you are logged in at that time. They most likely got access to your TriBot account and went to the botpanel to see if any accounts were on.

6 minutes ago, donders said:

Keep in mind that during the weekend anyone can use the botpanel, where you can see on what accounts/emails you are logged in at that time. They most likely got access to your TriBot account and went to the botpanel to see if any accounts were on.

Was not aware of this, but further research leads me to believe that this was probably the way that they did this, especially because the script abruptly stopped and i was logged out all withing 10 minutes of me looking at the bot last, which i didn't think of until just now. Yep, it all makes sense now. Because the tribot was on leakedsource and i wasn't thinking about the password being the same i was wondering how in the hell they got my username, and that's how. Bot panel. AH! Thank you so much.

Be sure to enable 2 step authentication. This ensures you really can't get hacked or cleaned without them accessing your mobile phone.

5 hours ago, tomahawk297 said:

You could have got it on Tor

6 hours ago, Googler said:

Be sure to enable 2 step authentication. This ensures you really can't get hacked or cleaned without them accessing your mobile phone.

Did this immediately after i got cleaned, just started back playing so i didn't even look into all that before i started again.

1 person likes this