Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bludstained1

Never been hacked on Tribot until I recently came back to OSRS.

17 posts in this topic

So I made two accounts to do some hunter after getting a Proxy from one of the trusted guys in the Tribot section. I got Dax's Hunter script and two or three occasions my chins randomly disappeared and as soon as my second account hit 63 hunter it was taken from me. Since it was bonded i don't know if there's a way to get it back. I'm not sure what all to do, I don't have a keylogger or anything so I'm sure something is tracing me and I've never used another botting client and this has NEVER happened to me in my close to 10 years of Runescape even when botting. Any advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many things I see wrong with this post.

Just because you used someones scripts and your items disappear or your account gets hacked does not mean it was from Tribot. Before you make accusations you should know it can be many factors that come into this. Maybe your computer was infected by another means and someone stole your account or you randomly died in game etc. Don't come to close to make accusations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, charrdbot said:

Many things I see wrong with this post.

Just because you used someones scripts and your items disappear or your account gets hacked does not mean it was from Tribot. Before you make accusations you should know it can be many factors that come into this. Maybe your computer was infected by another means and someone stole your account or you randomly died in game etc. Don't come to close to make accusations.

For example, I found that after letting my bots run for awhile on my own pc, on my own ip (when I first started), after they were running for awhile they would end up with all the stuff gone, and I noticed it was only while I was botting. Which made me believe it was someone controlling my pc, so I cleaned my pc, scanned it, and bam. No more problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@VapeGod, and @charrdbot Nonononono, I apologize I'm not accusing Tribot in any way. I have always enjoyed the community here from previous times I played. I should of worded my statements better. More or less, I'm searching for answers. I do not blame Tribot or Dax in anyway, But I was just stating that I was using them. I put authenticators on ALL of my accounts now for OSRS including my emails & tribot accounts also. Hopefully this will fix it.

Edited by Bludstained1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bludstained1 said:

@VapeGod, and @charrdbot Nonononono, I apologize I'm not accusing Tribot in any way. I have always enjoyed the community here from previous times I played. I should of worded my statements better. More or less, I'm searching for answers. I do not blame Tribot or Dax in anyway, But I was just stating that I was using them. I put authenticators on ALL of my accounts now for OSRS including my emails & tribot accounts also. Hopefully this will fix it.

Honestly my best guess is it is the same thing that happened to me, try virus scanning your pc, when I did it I found a virus, googled what it was, and found out it was a back door to my pc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What virus scanner would you recommend I check out for hunting those backdoors down? I am using 360 security and so far It hasn't detected anything almost 30m in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bludstained1 said:

What virus scanner would you recommend I check out for hunting those backdoors down? I am using 360 security and so far It hasn't detected anything almost 30m in.

If I had access to your PC i'd be able to diagnose what it was, however run a quick malwarebytes scan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rapidz said:

If I had access to your PC i'd be able to diagnose what it was, however run a quick malwarebytes scan

Yep! Started this one as well a few minutes ago. I'm fairly tech saavy, so perhaps you can give me an idea where to hunt for the problems. I'm just not all too familiar with backdoors; Although I had to fix a couple from RSPS back in the day when they went through Java.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bludstained1 said:

Yep! Started this one as well a few minutes ago. I'm fairly tech saavy, so perhaps you can give me an idea where to hunt for the problems. I'm just not all too familiar with backdoors; Although I had to fix a couple from RSPS back in the day when they went through Java.

Norton 360 and malware bytes should do the trick, if they turn up with absolutely nothing from a full scan then it must be something external. Maybe a friend has passwords to your accounts? Do you use the same password for everything? Using a shady vps, it could be many things. Which unfortunately, makes it very hard to track it down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VapeGod said:

Norton 360 and malware bytes should do the trick, if they turn up with absolutely nothing from a full scan then it must be something external. Maybe a friend has passwords to your accounts? Do you use the same password for everything? Using a shady vps, it could be many things. Which unfortunately, makes it very hard to track it down

Both of my virus scans are coming up with nothing, and I live with some friends but neither of them play RS anymore so that's not a worry. I only run one account on a proxy with was the one that got hacked but I just got it back and stuck it on my authenticator along with my main. But the proxy was bought from a high rep guy in the tribot market.

 

EDIT: I worded that bad, both of my accounts had items taken from them, but only the one on the proxy had it's password changed. The proxy was purchased from a moderator on tribot. So I know it's not that

Edited by Bludstained1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bludstained1 said:

Both of my virus scans are coming up with nothing, and I live with some friends but neither of them play RS anymore so that's not a worry. I only run one account on a proxy with was the one that got hacked but I just got it back and stuck it on my authenticator along with my main. But the proxy was bought from a high rep guy in the tribot market.

Hmm if you're using the same password for everything, change it up and keep it in your phone or something, I personally rep montreal's proxy services. I'm not sure what it could be causing this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VapeGod said:

Hmm if you're using the same password for everything, change it up and keep it in your phone or something, I personally rep montreal's proxy services. I'm not sure what it could be causing this

He's the one I bought my proxies from as well. As I said, all my accounts have been recovered in the time I've made this thread though, and they are now all authenticated and linked to my phone. So regardless if someone has my passwords he should have no way into the account unless I had a RAT on my system; But I know I don't have one of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few months ago I had a similar problem, couldn't find the virus on my PC either - got told it was a RAT so I probably wouldn't be able to find it, tried 3-4 different anti-viruses before realizing I'd have to reboot my system - after that I haven't had any issues with getting hacked/cleaned - I also have 2FA(2step authentication) on all of my e-mails and my RS accounts for safety :D Not immune to getting hacked but easy enough that I can stop it if it starts to happen :) TL;DR just reboot windows <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your virus scans are coming up short then you were probably hacked because you used the same password elsewhere on another forums. A database might have been leaked and since you used the same password there as here your accounts were compromised. This happened to me and many others here cause we used the same passwords. I recommend having a unique password for every other accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well; I guess all my effort was in vein haha. As soon as I got everything straight on both of my accounts they both got permanently banned. RIP. Hopefully my computer is atleast clean though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Did you have emails linked to the accounts? If so, were they compromised?

- Close all programs and follow these steps. The pictures don't work but that's ok. http://hforhacker.blogspot.com.au/2011/01/use-netstat-to-find-keyloggers-and-rats.html Let us know if you find anything suspicious.

- What were the common factors between all the accounts that were hacked? Did you have more accounts which were not hacked? Were all the accounts on the same computer?

- Other than the proxy, how else could anyone have learned your email and password for the accounts? Have you downloaded anything recently or visited any websites without a strong reputation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.