Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firegun101

Account Compromised

17 posts in this topic

Hey,

sorry if thread is in wrong place etc. but I really need help...

The only scripts I've run in last week are daxchins and master chopper. Im using vip-e osbuddy via looking glass.

After botting just fine and also manually playing and logging in and out yesterday and this morning. About 30 mins ago I tried to log back in but I was being told that I was using an incorrect password. Ive made sure that my password is correct and so proceeded to go onto the Jagex site. turns out, when trying to recover, my email has been changed too. now, someone has access to my account and I don't know what to do. not sure what personal details they could get from that account. 

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but the only thing RS related I use other than osbuyddy is tribot. Is it possible someone was able to take the information via tribot? I just can't think of any other way it could have happened. thanks for any help guys.

p.s. I do have authenticator set up too. As of yet, I haven't seen the account logged in, so maybe they got stuck at that...

Edited by firegun101

You need to do a full system scan.

Personally, I would do a fresh OS install regardless what the scan says. Couldn't hurt to do so. 

1 person likes this

OR I AM A COMPLETE SPACO WHO USES THE SAME USER:PW FOR EVERYTHING

HISS

#ABUSEWITH.US

3 minutes ago, firegun101 said:

OR I AM A COMPLETE SPACO WHO USES THE SAME USER:PW FOR EVERYTHING

HISS

#ABUSEWITH.US

Do you really take Runescape this seriously?

#30yearsoldandavirgin

hey, I'm sure you guessed that was the hacker haha. not sure how he got access to my tribot account the first place tho.

changed passwords and set up authenticator etc... what else do i need to check is secure?

btw, I'm doing a scan, but I'm not sure how I would have gotten key logged.

Edited by firegun101

Just now, firegun101 said:

hey, I'm sure you guessed that was the hacker haha. not sure how he got access to my tribot account the first place tho.

changed passwords and set up authenticator etc... what else do i need to check is secure?

You need to make sure all of your accounts (PayPal, Google, etc.) are using different passwords now + setup 2FA. 

5 minutes ago, ohParadox said:

You need to make sure all of your accounts (PayPal, Google, etc.) are using different passwords now + setup 2FA. 

this, also just make sure your passwords etc are actually really secure

@chrismoonhas some amazing guides for this as he's been there and experienced it ;)

Some database got leaked and if you used the same password elsewhere as your tribot account that is how you were compromised.

So not a key logger? You sure? Thank god for that. Annoying how jagex is refusing to disable the account...

Quote the post directly to trigger a reply 

Anyways it doesnt hurt to scan your files with atleast 2 different softwares just to be safe. Keep the passwords of all your accounts unique.

2 minutes ago, Aibunker said:

Quote the post directly to trigger a reply 

Anyways it doesnt hurt to scan your files with atleast 2 different softwares just to be safe. Keep the passwords of all your accounts unique.

Yeah I'm running them anyway just to be safe. thanks!

It sounds like you actually dont have a virus but the hacker just got your info from a database breach from another site.  I actually got hacked this way lol.  Just make sure email and account passwords different from eachother because most breaches are from forums.

13 minutes ago, kennno said:

It sounds like you actually dont have a virus but the hacker just got your info from a database breach from another site.  I actually got hacked this way lol.  Just make sure email and account passwords different from eachother because most breaches are from forums.

Thats why I'm confused. yes I have a password the same as tribot, but the account he got into was diff password? can't work it out how he bypassed authenticator too

3 hours ago, firegun101 said:

Thats why I'm confused. yes I have a password the same as tribot, but the account he got into was diff password? can't work it out how he bypassed authenticator too

Only way to remove authenticator is to change the password. And to do that he needs access to your email. Or recover is manually.

Check leakedsource as well

5 hours ago, firegun101 said:

In my case, the forum password was the same as my email password so he was able to get in that way.  The email was shown in the bot control panel.  With the email, your password can be changed and also authenticator removed.