Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaloex

Linux

Question

I'm currently running about 10 bots on Windows 8.1 i5-4460/8gb RAM. Just wondering if I switch over to Linux Mint/ Ubuntu will I be able to run a couple more?

4 answers to this question

Not sure if the difference will be that dramatic(especially if you consider Win10) and you may wanna consider even lighter versions of Linux. You will get more control to tweak for sure.

I do wonder what differences Linux task scheduling does vs Windows task scheduling. You could get more consistent performance on Linux if you set higher priority.

16 minutes ago, JBeer said:

Not sure if the difference will be that dramatic(especially if you consider Win10) and you may wanna consider even lighter versions of Linux. You will get more control to tweak for sure.

I do wonder what differences Linux task scheduling does vs Windows task scheduling. You could get more consistent performance on Linux if you set higher priority.

What would be even ligher versions of Linux be?

1 hour ago, Kaloex said:

What would be even ligher versions of Linux be?

Debian is probably the best one to bot on.