Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iFluffee

[Tutorial] Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to Botting: Part Four - All About Mules

5 posts in this topic

Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to Botting: Part Four - All About Mules

Welcome once again to Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to botting series. If you haven't already read part one or part two, please do so here ([Tutorial] Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to Botting: Part One - Account Creation and Management), here ([Tutorial] Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to Botting: Part Two - All About Proxies) or  here ([Tutorial] Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to Botting: Part Three - All About Servers ).

--What are mules?--

Well in the real world a mule is an animal, another name for a donkey actually. However, in the RuneScape world, a mule is a slang term for an account used to store excess gold/items. They were commonly used in the dicing days, when the hosts would RWT their gold, and they wanted to make sure they didn't lose everything should something bad happen. And as RWT bans began to rise, mules became a common tool for botters as well.

--Why should I use a mule?--

Mules allow you to have a safe place to keep all your botted gold, so you don't lose it when JaGeX cracks down on your bots. That way, when you wake up one day and get that dreaded account disabled message you don't have to be too worried, as all that GP your bots worked hard for is safe and secure on your favorite mule account. With the help of a mule you've managed to thwart JaGeX again, and that's always a bonus.

--Can mules get banned?--

The quick and short answer is yes. If you're not careful, and you're lazily just trading all of your GP from your bots to your mule JaGeX can easily track the trade history and ban your mule as well just for having contact with bots. Want proof of this? Ask dicer Fishy what happened to all his accounts when JaGeX decided they were sick of his rampant RWT. He lost all of his accounts, mules included.

Alright, so maybe Fishy is a bit of an extreme case but it does show that yes mules can be banned, and being lazy with trading only makes that easier. Luckily for you, I have some discrete methods to help reduce the chances of JaGeX cracking down on your mules which will help you keep that precious GP safe.

--Sidebar--

Alrighty, before we continue I want to be perfectly clear here and I really want to avoid someone flaming the thread because "they've never had a mule banned". I'm not saying that you will be banned by directly trading gold from your bots to your mule. Heck, some people even sell gold from their mules without issue. What I am saying is that a ban is possible by directly trading your gold from your bots to your mule. These methods that I am going to show you are methods that will help reduce the ban rates, and just because you haven't revived a ban with your lazy methods does not mean you will not receive a ban. With that out of the way, let's get into this.

--Should I level stats on my mule?--

If you have to ask, the answer is probably yes. Let's make the assumption that JaGeX knows what everyone's bank is worth, and if that's the case (which considering they own the game, isn't a super far fetched assumption) wouldn't it be rather odd if a fresh account with absolutely no stats has tonnes of GP. That alone would make JaGeX suspicious as how would you possibly have accumulated that amount of money. Therefore, I would recommend you take some time and train up your account a little bit. You don't need any outrageous stats, just enough to make you blend in to the general population of RuneScape.

--Should I quest on my mule?--

Once again, if you have to ask the answer is probably yes. Again, we're looking to blend in here and most people who play RuneScape do at least a couple of quests it's just the standard practice. Quests such as Cook's Assistant, Doric's Quest and Goblin Diplomacy can be done in like 15 minutes total assuming you start with the items. As well, getting the 7 quest points (which you will from those quests) allows you to trade anything from an F2P account; which saves you membership fees.

--How do I trade GP safely to and from my mules?--

I think this is probably the most interesting part of the tutorial, and for many the part you're probably going to skip to. I'll be going over 4 methods in this tutorial, ranging from simple, higher risk methods to challenging low risk methods. It's up to you which method you chose, but it's nice to have options.

Method 1: Straight Trading [Risk: High, Difficulty: Easy]

This method is what you're probably using today, it's the quickest method to move gold from one account to another. Just login to both your bot and your mule, then right click and trade your GP over. It's fast, it's efficient, and it definitely gets the job done. However, we can only assume it provides JaGeX with an easy way to track down your mule as there will be a long log of trading history between the accounts.

As a result of this, I wouldn't recommend this method, unless you are layering your mules. What this means is that you have all your bots trading a few mules, and then those mules trading one main mule. Even with that setup I still wouldn't advise straight trading your main mule as to me, that's just too obvious. However, it is the easiest method and you might prefer easy over safe.

A bonus tip, if you chose to straight trade throw some junk in the trades. Hopefully this will help keep JaGeX off your back.

Method 2: Dueling (Staking) GP [Risk: Medium, Difficulty: Medium]

This method is rather straight forward, much like straight trading this method just involves dueling your mule to transfer the gold. It is a bit of a pain to do, as you have to walk both your accounts to the Duel Arena, but it should keep everything on the down low. If you don't want to do a lot of work, but want a bit of extra security then I advise this. Just request to duel your mule, stake all the gold/items you would like to transfer over, then have your mule kill the bot; simple as that. If you really want to save time you can have your bot just forfeit the duel however I wouldn't promote it. If you're already committed to going through the process of dueling you may as well see it through and finish the duel.

Method 3: Falador Party Room [Risk: Medium/High, Difficulty: Medium]

This method is actually kinda fun. Essentially, run your bots to the falador party room and have them deposit all of their items in the drop chest. Then, start the party, and on your mule run around and pop all of the balloons you can find. When the balloons pop, some will drop some of the items from the chest, quickly pick them up and keep popping! By the time the balloons are done falling, you should have all of the items!

Now, due to the nature of the Falador Party Room there are some things you need to note.
1. Other players can come in and start popping balloons, thus stealing all your hard earned items. So make sure you do this on a low population world.
2. If you don't pick up the items after popping, you can lose the items.
3. If you add more then 50k on F2P, NPC's in Falador announce that something is going on in the Party Room, so you really do need to be fast.
4. It costs 10k to pull the lever and start the party.

Overall, this is a fun method and surely cannot be traced. However, it's quite risky and you could have some guy come in and pop a balloon to find all your GP sitting there on the ground.

Method 4: Grand Exchange Money Laundering [Risk: Medium, Difficulty: High]

This method is extremely unknown. I actually attempted to google this, and found one post about it; so you're welcome TRiBot :)
This method was popular back when Free Trade was removed, and RWT companies needed to move gold across multiple accounts. Essentially, what you'll be doing with this method is finding an extremely low volume item on the Grand Exchange, and then buying it on your bots for a ridiculous price, while selling it on your mule thus transferring the money from one account to another via the Grand Exchange.

Essentially, if there's no offers for an item (I'll use a Law Rune as an example) the lowest offer regardless of the price, is the first offer to go.

So let's say on the Grand Exchange nobody in OSRS is selling Law Runes, and I mean no one. So on your mule, after you confirm nobody's selling Law Runes, you go ahead and sell 1 Law Rune for 10M gold. As there is no other Law Runes being sold, the only sell offer in the Grand Exchange is your offer, and therefore it is at the top of the queue. Then, on your bot with the gold, buy the Law Rune for 10M gold. Again, as there's only one sell offer (the one put in by your mule) you instantly buy that one Law Rune for 10M gold, your bot now has one really expensive Law Rune and your mule has 10M gold, and the accounts never even saw each other in game; making this the best method for laundering money in RuneScape to date.

Now, due to the nature of the Grand Exchange there's something you need to note:
1. This can be flawless, if nobody else is buying/selling your item.
2. Sharing items here on the thread, or with your friends is a terrible idea, as that ruins the method.
3. You can lose your money, or atleast some of it, if someone starts selling your item while you're trading.

And that about brings this segment of the guide to the end, to overview, we've covered what a mule is, should you use a mule, should you level/quest a mule and then how to discreetly transfer money to your mule. I hope you've enjoyed, and learned something from this lengthy guide, I apologize for the delay, but these guides really do take work.

I do have one small question for you guys. As I've written four of these guides (with a total of somewhere around 8000 words), I'm running out of ideas. But I know you guys are not our of ideas. If there's anything you need/want to know more about, feel free to post it here or shoot me a message. And if I do chose your idea, it'll be fully credited when the guide is released!

Thanks for reading everyone, and I hope you enjoyed another segment of Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to Botting :)

4 people like this

Great guide once again, am really loving these tutorials!

I'd love to see a sort of "beginners" guide into gold-farming. One that goes over how long you'll have to potentially commit to each account, the possible ban rates for popular methods, the math behind buying proxies, and making the moneys for bonds. As someone who would like to get started, I'm scared to make an initial investment without at least some knowledge behind it.

1 person likes this

I've traded 500b+ between my accounts/main/mules (Ge merching - I add 25-100M to my accs each day, and take it off at the end of the day + all my other accounts/methods to achieve this number). And my mule has never gotten banned/touched.

That said, I did notice a loose correlation between taking items off my accounts and bans. I found, that for accounts where I would collect resources off them every few days, bans most often came the day AFTER a collection period. Recently, I started using multiple mules, and am testing to see if this makes any impact. Essentially, I have ~80 accounts running, and 10 different mules. Each account will trade different mules each day, and I'll see if anything changes.

Saw your link on my post, and this is quite useful, i myself went kinda ham trading huge amounts every week for about 3-4months and suddenly i'm getting these sudden bans for Macroing Major not even RWT, i'm be sure to test some of these out, and post an update as soon as one of them starts working for me. 

Btw, have you thought of pure wilderness killing?

amazing guide fluffee, just read about mules and i agree with you, because i had an account with 90 thieving and like normal stats, i botted thieving like 2-1 year ago, i used it again few months ago, and then when  i had the most gold on the account jagex banned me, REASON: Botting and not real world trading.