Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

McCune

Scamming Prevention

16 posts in this topic

Why don't we create a new way of creating accounts to greatly lower the amount of scammers and evaders? This not only keep out the scammers, but discourage them from scamming on their current accounts due to requirements on making a new one?

There's not an RS-strictly website in the black market that has harsh requirements. It would lower the count of new members, but how many of them become loyal members and give feedback anyways? I'd go to say more than half of the accounts created today will be abandoned or future scammers- and that's just a waste of great usernames. 

Possible Requirements: 

-A small/medium donation

We could require them to pay to create an account. This could be a 5 dollar, 10, 20, 50. I think 10-20 would keep serious creaters only. 

We could also require a form to sign up, you must be approved. This would keep our England brick layers out. Props to you if you remember him. 

We could require personal information on every user, similar to the allowance of trading credits. I personally think this is the best option if we made everyone give some sort of personal identification because we could all be traced back at that point and what scammer would give their information out? All accounts would be put on hold and required to give the information. It would take a week or two to unclog the accounts but after that we would have a very tight-knit community and it wouldn't take long at all to check over a few new users per day. This could be a chance for rankings to move up, mods to admins and some new staff members. There are people out there who deserve this. 

Great idea, maybe we can start this off by you paying back the $2,000 you stole? 

16 people like this

3 minutes ago, tomelis3211 said:

663a42f6782f56af66a233cfc8323693.png

is this like a 2 day ban on runescape for botting, but like on forums for scaming?

It's a permanent medal.. I'll probly get mine soon as well.

21 minutes ago, ohParadox said:

Great idea, maybe we can start this off by you paying back the $2,000 you stole? 

Hey come on man he was 16 he didn't know what he was doing.. Kappa

Also, You'd of thought with all your sarcastic comments on disputes regarding scammers such as Gardon ($300 donation) and ChaoticWays ($200) that you'd notice donating doesn't stop people scamming. All it does is delay the amount of time it takes them to scam.

Edited by HeyImJamie
1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, HeyImJamie said:

Hey come on man he was 16 he didn't know what he was doing.. Kappa

Also, You'd of thought with all your sarcastic comments on disputes regarding scammers such as Gardon ($300 donation) and ChaoticWays ($200) that you'd notice donating doesn't stop people scamming. All it does is delay the amount of time it takes them to scam.

You have a good point. I don't think donating is the best way to go about this but it definitely would help. Scamming will always happen, and you can't prevent someone who's locked in such as Chaoticways from turning 'chaotic'. But we can stop the brand new users paying for credits/gold and chargebacking. 

I think making every member, or at least every new member give plenty of personal information would give great security and lower the amount of disputes and bans we have to put out. 

As for someone like Gardon, I don't know why anyone would trust him after seeing how he acted. He was a child, 300 dollars or not. 

The focus of this site is about botting not the black market.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, MrDrunt said:

The focus of this site is about botting not the black market.

You also have a good point. Perhaps use of the black market should be withheld until information about the user is documented and verified. 

Why do you not understand that Tribot literally couldn't care less about the blackmarket. Tribot derives 0% of it's profit from the BM. The BM is not a reason for people to register for Tribot. 

2 people like this

20 minutes ago, Assume said:

Why do you not understand that Tribot literally couldn't care less about the blackmarket. Tribot derives 0% of it's profit from the BM. The BM is not a reason for people to register for Tribot. 

1 hour ago, Assume said:

Ok, but maybe you're missing the point a little here, let me rephrase what you said since you're actually agreeing with previous posts whilst seemingly saying this is pointless, or an I wrong here?

"The reason Tribot doesn't care about the black-market is because it isn't profitable, so we need to brainstorm suitable ways whereby Tribot makes some profit (motivation) and we in return gain greater security against scamming."

The previous suggestions seemed, to me anyway, tailored around giving Tribot money (motivation) so that players are less likely to scam since they have invested already. The obvious question becomes "how much money?", because like someone said if a person donates only $50 and then has the opportunity to scam $5000 - what are they going to do? Obviously I am talking about someone who has the intention to scam in the first place.

The problem is, Tribot basically already does all of the suggestions, I mean people do donate and the more "trusted" members seem to always have the highest donations anyway. Then there is feedback, reputation. It basically comes down to this, YOU need to be careful. That's all there is, you trade only with those that have reputations, those that have something to lose if they scam you basically - Take Assume for example, I'm not sure if he sells gold but if he did and he scammed me, he'd be risking being banned from the site, losing future income from script sales etc. for that reason I'd say he is highly trustworthy. Finally, don't give someone the incentive to scam, I mean if I had 2B to sell I most likely wouldn't sell it all to one person, there are plenty of trusted traders, I'd probably split it up into 400m's and sell to 5 different people, if one scams its $400 instead of $2000 and would a highly trusted trader risk it for $400? probably not, but $2000+? One time? Maybe.

Or people could just not be retarded and no one would get scammed in the first place.

1 person likes this

Gardon is still around on OSBot lmfao.

he just got TWC and that's it

On 4/12/2016 at 8:24 AM, ohParadox said:

killed me

1 person likes this

On 4/12/2016 at 6:58 PM, McCune said:

You have a good point. I don't think donating is the best way to go about this but it definitely would help. Scamming will always happen, and you can't prevent someone who's locked in such as Chaoticways from turning 'chaotic'. But we can stop the brand new users paying for credits/gold and chargebacking. 

I think making every member, or at least every new member give plenty of personal information would give great security and lower the amount of disputes and bans we have to put out. 

As for someone like Gardon, I don't know why anyone would trust him after seeing how he acted. He was a child, 300 dollars or not. 

Why the hell should we give personal informations if you greedy cunts cant help but rip us off? I want to stay anonymous. It's my right. 

On 4/12/2016 at 4:58 PM, McCune said:

The fuck you on about giving personal information to bot on RS? Your on another planet! Go to www.PlayerAuctions.com is sounds exactly what your looking for.