Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TKEgold

Pre-Built VPS or Buy one and Configure yourself?

Question

Hey all,

Soo I have recently started looking into setting up a VPS. I have the funds to embark on this noble journey now all that is left is to decide what to do. I am trying to obviously get the best "Bang For my Buck" in terms of purchasing the biggest/best VPS with my current funds. Here on Tribot I have noticed that many moderators offer their own VPS service's but I feel as if there is a lot of mark-up do them being involved in the resale market. Soo, now its question time. When preparing to purchase a VPS should I invest my money into a pre configured re sale VPS or should I find one online and configure it myself for Linux? Lastly, if you are experienced in VPS purchasing and know of any fantastic deals etc... please post them below so that I know where to find the best VPS for my needs. I am honestly looking for a VPS that can run on average 12 Non-High Resource Scripts simultaneously, and I mean VERY BASIC SCRIPTS. 

Thanks for the help everyone! :shy:

9 answers to this question

Just now, TKEgold said:

Hey all,

Soo I have recently started looking into setting up a VPS. I have the funds to embark on this noble journey now all that is left is to decide what to do. I am trying to obviously get the best "Bang For my Buck" in terms of purchasing the biggest/best VPS with my current funds. Here on Tribot I have noticed that many moderators offer their own VPS service's but I feel as if there is a lot of mark-up do them being involved in the resale market. Soo, now its question time. When preparing to purchase a VPS should I invest my money into a pre configured re sale VPS or should I find one online and configure it myself for Linux? Lastly, if you are experienced in VPS purchasing and know of any fantastic deals etc... please post them below so that I know where to find the best VPS for my needs. I am honestly looking for a VPS that can run on average 12 Non-High Resource Scripts simultaneously, and I mean VERY BASIC SCRIPTS. 

Thanks for the help everyone! :shy:

There's tonnes of websites out there that sell VPSes, personally I'd recommend http://www.waveride.at/ For the cost, and the reliability it's incredibly hard to beat. However, the one drawback to waveride is that they do not setup your server for you; so it won't come preloaded with TRiBot, which is what you would get if you purchase here on the forums.

Luckily, I've made a setup guide for any VPS which can be found here:

This guide completely automates the process of setting up your server, apart from a few simple questions, and it should make using your server incredibly easy! And if for some reason that guide doesn't work, or you have any more questions, feel free to add my Skype or PM me; I'm always here to help :)

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, iFluffee said:

There's tonnes of websites out there that sell VPSes, personally I'd recommend http://www.waveride.at/ For the cost, and the reliability it's incredibly hard to beat. However, the one drawback to waveride is that they do not setup your server for you; so it won't come preloaded with TRiBot, which is what you would get if you purchase here on the forums.

Luckily, I've made a setup guide for any VPS which can be found here:

This guide completely automates the process of setting up your server, apart from a few simple questions, and it should make using your server incredibly easy! And if for some reason that guide doesn't work, or you have any more questions, feel free to add my Skype or PM me; I'm always here to help :)

In terms of size for "X" amount of bots what would you personally recommend for 12+ bots minimum?

You can always check out our premium VPS/Proxy shop at: www.virtualbuddy.org

We have Runescape VPS designed for botting, comes fully setup and ready for botting, which 1 extra dynamic IP you can choose too use if you wish.

49 minutes ago, TKEgold said:

In terms of size for "X" amount of bots what would you personally recommend for 12+ bots minimum?

I'm sure you're tired of reading this, but it truly does depend on the script, and whether or not you use LG.

I would be looking at a 6gb-8gb server. Personally, I usually go for more smaller servers than one large one :)

38 minutes ago, Pwningcows said:

You can always check out our premium VPS/Proxy shop at: www.virtualbuddy.org

We have Runescape VPS designed for botting, comes fully setup and ready for botting, which 1 extra dynamic IP you can choose too use if you wish.

One thing that I noticed about your servers are that they use a different amount of cores. While the other service all offers 4 Cores and differing amounts of RAM. My only question is, like i stated before. " WHAT IS THE RECOMMENDED VPS CONFIGURATION FOR 12 BOTS." Because I keep seeing some servers with tons of ram and others with amazing CPU's.

3 minutes ago, iFluffee said:

I'm sure you're tired of reading this, but it truly does depend on the script, and whether or not you use LG.

I would be looking at a 6gb-8gb server. Personally, I usually go for more smaller servers than one large one :)

Do you favor more smaller servers because the 4 cores are better utilized with the ram associated to them?

Just now, TKEgold said:

Do you favor more smaller servers because the 4 cores are better utilized with the ram associated to them?

Typically when you buy a VPS you're not getting real cores, you're getting virtual cores on a server grade processor. Therefore, by purchasing multiple servers you theoretically would get more core access, assuming your core access stays the same with every server. As well, it would reduce your load per VPS, which would in turn make your provider like you a lot more then if you stressed out one VPS.

30 minutes ago, TKEgold said:

One thing that I noticed about your servers are that they use a different amount of cores. While the other service all offers 4 Cores and differing amounts of RAM. My only question is, like i stated before. " WHAT IS THE RECOMMENDED VPS CONFIGURATION FOR 12 BOTS." Because I keep seeing some servers with tons of ram and others with amazing CPU's.

All our servers come with a minimum of 4 cores or higher, you must of read our description wrong.

You can take a look at our servers to compare for what you need, our $25.99 package runs around 10 bots. So if you wanted 12 bot aim for a little higher than what we offer for that. 

On 4/6/2016 at 10:19 PM, Pwningcows said:

All our servers come with a minimum of 4 cores or higher, you must of read our description wrong.

You can take a look at our servers to compare for what you need, our $25.99 package runs around 10 bots. So if you wanted 12 bot aim for a little higher than what we offer for that. 

VCores.

Anyways, since you're running 2007scape you wont need a lot of RAM. Default heap size for TriBot is 386mb so multiply that by how many bots you need.

If you're going with a VPS try to find a provider with dedicated cores, and low RAM.