• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
Fluffee

[Tutorial] Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to Botting: Part Three - All About Servers

Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to Botting: Part Three - All About Servers

Welcome once again to Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to botting series. If you haven't already read part one or part two, please do so here (https://tribot.org/forums/topic/62462-tutorial-fluffees-ultimate-guide-to-botting-part-one-account-creation-and-management/) or here (https://tribot.org/forums/topic/62766-tutorial-fluffees-ultimate-guide-to-botting-part-two-all-about-proxies/)

--What are servers?--

In a general sense, a server is much like your own home computer, except they are setup for doing different things. In some cases, servers are used to run web sites, office/school networks or running an email service. And as a result of this, companies have began to rent servers out to people, allowing those people to use the companies servers to run websites, maintain an email service, etc. without actually owning a server themselves. Years ago, RuneScape botters realized that these very same servers would allow them to run their bots around the clock without leaving their home PC on all the time. As a result, you now see many people buying Dedicated Severs and/or Virtual Private Servers to run their RuneScape bots.

--What are Virtual Private Servers?--

A Virtual Private Server, or VPS as they are commonly referred to, are virtual servers which you pay a monthly fee to have access to. These Virtual Servers allow you to run your bots 24/7 without leaving your computer on, as the bots will run in the Virtual Server and not your home computer. The reason Virtual Private Servers are so common in the botting community is that they allow users to run their bots while their computer is turned off, and they're relatively inexpensive (around $10 per month, depending on the plan). One of the major drawbacks to a VPS, is that the server you're paying for access to is not a real server, but rather a virtual one created on a real server. The issue with that comes from companies overselling their Virtual Private Servers, essentially they sell more Virtual Private Servers on a real server then what the real server can actually handle, which results in poor performance for running bots. There is no real way to avoid this when purchasing a Virtual Private Server except by purchasing a server from a trusted provider hoping that they won't oversell.

--What are Dedicated Servers?--

Dedicated Servers are very similar to Virtual Private Servers, they come with similar operating systems, you access them the same way, and they allow you to do the same things. However, a Dedicated Server outclasses a Virtual Private Server in one key aspect. A dedicated server is a server, which again you pay a fee to access, but this time you're paying for access to a physical, real server that the company owns and maintains. As a result of this Dedicated Servers are much more expensive, but you pay for the reassurance that you get access to what you advertised, with no overselling what so ever. If you're a serious goldfarmer a Dedicated Server may be for you, and some people swear by them, but if you're new and just looking to get your feet wet a VPS is more then enough for what you'll be doing!

--Why should you use a server of some kind?--

As I've stated above, the most common reason for anyone to use a server over just running bots on your home PC is the ability to go to bed, turn off your computer and have your bots still running in the background. Another great thing, which I personally love about using a Server is the ability to easily measure the costs of your gold farm versus the profits. Using your home PC to run bots is not free as you do have to pay for power consumption, and I hate not being able to accurately measure that cost. Although that's just me, I'm sure someone will probably feel the same!

--How do I setup my server for use with TRiBot?--

I could post an entire guide on how to do this, and actually I have ;) For anyone who's new to servers, and wants a quick and easy way to set them up, check out my guide below, which was updated March 6th, 2016; so yes it's extremely up to date!

--How do I effectively manage multiple servers?--

There's two methods I will propose, and it's up to you how you would like to use them! The first method, as many can expect is a spreadsheet (I love spreadsheets). This spreadsheet, like my others is self explanatory, and has fields for the Server IP, VNC and SSH ports, root password, vnc password and user account password and a description of what runs on the server. However, the one downfall to this is that you can't click on an IP and connect to your server, but that's where RealVNC comes in. To download RealVNC head over to this link https://www.realvnc.com/download/vnc/ and download the full VNC package. During the Install you can uncheck the box for the VNC Server, as you won't need any of that.

Once RealVNC is installed, head to the RealVNC install folder, and open up the VNC Address Book. From there open up the New Entry Dialogue

8t9vqIp.gif

Enter in your server IP and Port into the VNC Server field, uncheck the box for Username, and check the box for Password, then enter in your VNC password. Then press OK. You should then see this dialogue box, where you are prompted to enter a Master Password to protect your address book, so go ahead and do that as well!

S6qgqju.png

Once that's done, you'll see something like this. From there, right click on your newly added VNC Server and you can rename it to make it more recognizable if you'd like

HOjGOvL.gif

And you're done! You now have your first Server added to the Address Book, which makes life incredibly easy as you can just double click to connect! Congrats :)

--How to manage files on your VPS?--

Note: This section of the guide assumes you are not using SSH keys to connect to your server.

There's a couple of ugly, quick and dirty methods to transfer files, such as uploading to Dropbox, or some equivalent and transferring files that way. However, there's a much better method that'll I'll be showcasing today. To begin with download WinSCP from here: https://winscp.net/eng/download.php

Once WinSCP is installed, or downloaded, go ahead and run it. You should be brought to a screen similar to this

gSrvmqv.png

To setup WinSCP to connect to your server, go to the right hand side and change the protocol to SCP (this is a protocol built off of SSH, which means you won't need to install anything extra on your server. After that, type in your server IP address into the field labelled "Host name", and then enter the Port you use to connect via SSH into the "Port number" field. Finally, enter in your SSH username and password; then hit Login or Save (If you wish to).

Assuming you entered everything correctly, you should connect to your server and be able to Upload and Download files through the WinSCP interface.

DtLtwDG.png

--How to Sync your .tribot Folder across multiple locations?--

Due to the length of this particular part of the tutorial, I've decided to move it to it's own topic which you can find here

Shoutout to user @HackRain for inspiring me to figure this out.

And that about brings this segment of the guide to the end, to overview, we've covered what a server is, the different types of servers you can use, should you use a server, and then how to effectively use and manage those servers. I hope you've enjoyed, and learned something from this lengthy guide, be sure to keep on the lookout for Part 4 :)

Edited by iFluffee
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, wafel said:

@Fluffee
I'm running around 10 VPS at time. Is it anyway to reset/start/stop clients on each VPS manually (or synced, by doing it at one vps or something)?
Nowadays, I have to log-in on every VPS and reset clients daily. 

I'm sure there's a way if you write your own script but if not the only thing i can think of off the top of my head is just to kill each server and then restart them in the morning but then you'd have to open up each client again to start it back up. I used to do this but then i wrote into my code to stop after muling at night.
Also if you're not using looking glass you can use the client starter to start multiple clients on one vps.

15 hours ago, lets be friends said:

I'm sure there's a way if you write your own script but if not the only thing i can think of off the top of my head is just to kill each server and then restart them in the morning but then you'd have to open up each client again to start it back up. I used to do this but then i wrote into my code to stop after muling at night.
Also if you're not using looking glass you can use the client starter to start multiple clients on one vps.

I'm using poor VPS to run clients (not looking glasses) for different proxies, thats why I'm having a lot of them.  Is there anyway to auto-start tribot clients on every VPS restart? That would help. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By lawjestaw
      !!Huge SALE for the next 48 Hour!!
      Welcome to Tribot's RDP & VPS Store

Here you can get High Quality and Cheap RDP for 1 month 
      ------------
      Duration : 28-35 days
      Renewable: Non-renewable
      Usage: Everything is allowed, except +18 sites, you need to use VPN
      ------------
      ------------
      Payment method: BTC | OSGP | or PP (For high ranking members)

PM me on Tribot
      OR
      Discord- Lawjestaw#5137

• By porkthug
      So I've been playing OSRS casually for a couple years now and only tried botting a handful of times, mostly out of curiosity. I'm looking to get back into botting more seriously (as in enough to make a real profit from it). I know some of the basic measures to take for safe botting and whatnot, but I have some general questions.
      Can I expect a profit from only botting 2-3 accounts for around 12 hours a day? I'm running a not-so-speedy computer that probably can't handle much more than that. How many accounts should I trade my gold through to avoid bans? And how often should I dump the gold off of a botted account? I know I should use proxies if I'm doing multiple accounts, but it seems like a VPS isn't necessary right now. I'm new to both so any suggestions are welcome. Should I start with F2P bots? I have about 40m on my main that I could spend on bonds. I have no experience coding or writing scripts. Is it worth learning right now or am I okay to just download/buy other people's scripts? Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask these questions or if they're too general. I'm a little overwhelmed with all the technical stuff involved in botting. Seems like most guides are kind of dated too.
    • By D Bolter
      Accepting OS GP ($0.5/m), Skrill, Crypto (coinbase), PayPal (friends/family/gift), Venmo
      prices are for 30 days
      Residential Proxies are $15 each
      Discord (preferred): ash#2176

Terms of Service:

• By Fluffee
      Creating this thread to provide an easy way for me to link new users to my tutorials, as well as have them all in my Signature, without making it obnoxious.
      -- Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to Botting Series --
      -- General Tutorials --
      -- AutoHotKey Releases --
    • By MNO
      We offer 3 packages, all packages come with the following things pre-installed:
      Windows 10 Java Google Chrome Firefox Dreambot You will get acces through a Remote Desktop Connection (rdp) which we will setup for you.
      Ordering can be done through discord:
      Server: https://discord.gg/jzwNzED
      User: Nex#8648 (UID: 109992979057373184)
      We accept most crypto & rsgp. (Paypal for trusted users)
      We currently offer the following packages:
      Bronze Server
      CPU: Intel Core i7-4770  (or equiv) RAM: 8 GB  Can run: ~12 bots $40/Month
      Iron Server
      CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1275V6  (or equiv) RAM: 64 GB  Can run: ~17 bots $60/Month
      Steel Server
      CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (or equiv) RAM: 64 GB  Can run: ~25 bots $80/Month  
      TOS:
      1) You will not use this service for any illegal activity.
      2) You will notify us in time for a renewal of service's (>1 week ahead).
      3) All payments are final and we offer no refunds.
      4) By using our service you agree to these terms.
      Breaking any of these will result in instant termination of service with NO refund.

• By Flax
      Debian 7.0 VPS Setup Guide for TRiBot Botting. 
      By: Flax

Hey guys today I'm going to show you how to setup a VPS for TRiBot botting, I'm making it because I got so many questions from people about this & most VPS guides here are pretty outdated.
      Make sure your VPS operating system is Debian 7 32 or 64bit, or else this guide will not work for you!
      Okay, let's begin.

First off you'll need these programs:
      - PuTTy
      - TightVNC Viewer
      Once you've downloaded those files we can begin setting up your VPS.

Step 1: Open PuTTy and enter your IP and click connect (You should keep the port 22)

Step 2: Now a command prompt will pop up and it'll ask you for a username, Type ' root ' and after that it'll ask you for a password, type in the password that was given to you by your VPS provider.

Step 3: Now you should enter the following commands one-by-one, it can take awhile to install depending on the speed:
      apt-get update apt-get install curl curl https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jabcbltmn5fuevx/install.sh | sh apt-get install iceweasel Step 4: After that's done you should be able to connect with the VPS through TightVNC.
      REMEMBER: MAKE SURE TO ADD :1 BEHIND THE IP.

This is how it should look:
      Once connected, you can download TRiBot/OSBuddy via the Iceweasel browser(similiar to Firefox).

If you're unable to open TRiBot, try this:

Looking for cheap VPS deals and don't know where to look? Check out Lowendbox, FinalHosting
    • By Proxy-Cheap
      Hello everyone,
      Proxy-cheap.com offers Residential proxies and Windows VPS
      Residential Proxies
      Residential proxies from 50+ countries and 300+ cities to choose from. With our Residential Proxy, you are assured to get the minimum amount of PVs and action blocks. $7 Entry
      10 IPs included
      $70/month Dedicated Unlimited bandwidth Username and Password Up to 1000 Mbit/s Buy Proxies $6 Advanced
      25 IPs included
      $150/month Dedicated Unlimited bandwidth Username and Password Up to 1000 Mbit/s Buy Proxies $5 Enterprise
      50 IPs included
      $250/month Dedicated Unlimited bandwidth Username and Password Up to 1000 Mbit/s Buy Proxies Virtual Private Server (VPS)
      VPS stands for Virtual Private Server, and it’s practically another computer running 24/7 to which you can connect and do things as you would do on your home computer. You can connect to it from anywhere in the world and it continues to run and do it’s job even when you are not connected that is why it is a great idea to have one to run your tools on. $8 Small
      price per month up to 5 accounts Windows Server 2012 R2 80GB SSD Storage 2GB RAM 1 Core vCPU Unmetered Data Transfer 1 Dedicated IP Up to 1000 Mbit/s Order Now $12 Business
      price per month up to 20 accounts Windows Server 2012 R2 160GB SSD Storage 4GB RAM 2 Core vCPU Unmetered Data Transfer 1 Dedicated IP Up to 1000 Mbit/s Order Now $24 Premium
      price per month up to 70 accounts Windows Server 2012 R2 320GB SSD Storage 8GB RAM 3 Core vCPU Unmetered Data Transfer 1 Dedicated IP Up to 1000 Mbit/s
  • Our picks

• Hello everyone,

Last week we tried to roll out Auth0 Login, but we lost that battle. Now it's time to win the war!

Important changes

When logging into the client, you'll now have to enter your Auth0 account credentials instead of your forums credentials

Note: 2FA is still handled through your forums account (for the time being)

Changes for existing users

You'll have to link your Auth0 account to your forums account here: https://tribot.org/forums/settings/login/?service=11

Auth0 accounts have been created for most existing users. Please use your forums email address and password to login.

Important notes

Make sure to verify your email address upon creating a new Auth0 account

When we mention your Auth0 account, we mean your account used for auth.tribot.org as displayed below
      • 65 replies
    • To better support the upcoming changes (TRiBot X, new repository), we're switching our login handler to Auth0. Instead of logging in with the standard form, you'll now be required to login through our Auth0 application.

All existing accounts which have been used within approximately the past year have been imported into Auth0 using the same email and password combination which has been stored on the forums.

What does this mean for users?

Your account credentials are now even more securely stored

You'll be able to login via Facebook, Google, and others in the future

Is there anything users have to do differently now?

Existing users: You'll have to login with the standard login, open your Account Settings, then link your Auth0 account

New users: You'll be redirected to our Auth0 app (auth.tribot.org) where you'll be able to create an account

Why was this change made?

The new apps we are creating (such as the new repository) aren't able to use the forums to handle user logins

To centralize all user accounts in one area

To ensure that the client login doesn't go down when the forums are having problems

To speed up our development

Other considerations

There's no documentation or official support for using Invision Community combined with Auth0, so there are still a few kinks we're working out

We're in the works of creating an account management panel specifically for Auth0 accounts (ETA August)

It's not possible to change email addresses for the time being (this will be resolved this August)

Changing passwords is a weird process for the time being. To change your password, you'll have to use the "Don't remember your password" tool on the Auth0 login page
      • 11 replies
    • Over the past month, we've been working hard on TRiBot's new repository - a much needed update. This change has been deemed necessary for TRiBot X, and will allow us to really speed up development of all aspects of TRiBot.

Today we are going to share what we've been working on!

Now you must be wondering what kind of features the new repository will have.... well, you'll have to be patient for a little while longer. We're still figuring out various technical aspects so we can't provide answers to all possible questions. We're also focusing on development rather than writing about it so that everyone can get access to our latest developments at lightning speed. I will however answer a few users' questions.

We're planning on a release of this early to mid August, giving users some goodies before TRiBot X's release.

Thank you all for being patient. I hope everyone is excited as much as I am!
      • 17 replies
    • Over the past few months, I’ve been working diligently on a new project - TRiBot X. Everything has been written from the ground up, with all of the best practices of software engineering. Every aspect of TRiBot has been re-imagined to support three main goals: flexibility, useability, and reliability.
      • 50 replies
    • Come give us feedback on the next version of TRiBot!
        • Thanks
      • 86 replies