Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VapeGod

What's the best script for wine grabbing?

16 posts in this topic

I wanna give it a go and was just simply wondering what the most efficient script is in your opinion! 

1 minute ago, HeyImJamie said:

Liam's if it doesn't give you an NPE.

What is an NPE?

Just now, VapeGod said:

What is an NPE?

A dangerous script error that causes worldwide destruction

2 people like this

Just now, HeyImJamie said:

A dangerous script error that causes worldwide destruction

Care to elaborate? xD

Telegrab wine?

You might as well make a script that bans you on login. 

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, sevant said:

Telegrab wine?

You might as well make a script that bans you on login. 

Ouch.

1 hour ago, VapeGod said:

Care to elaborate? xD

NPE means Null Pointer Exception. It happens when a value is null and the script cannot run so it throws an NPE and stops the script.

Just to elaborate on the NPE, my script can't actually return an NPE, the only way it could is if the wine disappeared within a few nanoseconds, considering the validation is a null check.

9 minutes ago, Liam. said:

Just to elaborate on the NPE, my script can't actually return an NPE, the only way it could is if the wine disappeared within a few nanoseconds, considering the validation is a null check.

Im running it right now! Works great so far!

51 minutes ago, Liam. said:

You should cache the value to null check.

Just now, daxmagex said:

You should cache the value to null check.

I should but technically I'm already null checking within the validation, it won't validate if the object is null to begin with.

7 minutes ago, Liam. said:

I should but technically I'm already null checking within the validation, it won't validate if the object is null to begin with.

Caching guarantees that the object you are referring to is in fact the object you are null checking.

The method here in your Wine Grabber can produce a null pointer exception because you don't have that guarantee.

MaOitOH.png

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, daxmagex said:

Caching guarantees that the object you are referring to is in fact the object you are null checking.

The method here in your Wine Grabber can produce a null pointer exception because you don't have that guarantee.

MaOitOH.png

I was more so referring to the earlier lines within the validation, but yes, the null checking is honestly messy as anything in these scripts. This is probably due to me shifting a lot of code around, I do understand null caching and I'll be updating the script according to the feedback once other scripters who are potentially voting on my application have reviewed the same code.

25 minutes ago, Liam. said:

I was more so referring to the earlier lines within the validation, but yes, the null checking is honestly messy as anything in these scripts. This is probably due to me shifting a lot of code around, I do understand null caching and I'll be updating the script according to the feedback once other scripters who are potentially voting on my application have reviewed the same code.

You're gonna be known as NPE Liam globally soon