Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

chris5286

2 Factor not working

10 posts in this topic

Tried setting up 2 factor auth the other day and no matter what code was put in or how many times i reloaded it and scanned it always said it wasn't valid. Does it not work or did something get messed up along the way?

It sounds as if something got messed up when you tried to set it up, why don't you try disabling and reenabling the two factor authentication

2 Factor should be working fine. Are you making sure that the entire bar code fits?

I've disabled and reenabled and redone the scanning many times from different angles all with the whole bar code in the scanning area. Every time it gives me something like "This barcode 'otpauth://totp/TRiBotForums?secret=...' is not a valid authentication token barcode.

On 2016-03-27 at 8:42 AM, Okina said:

On 2016-03-24 at 8:21 PM, HabbaTheJutt said:

Me as well.

This issue has been remedied by TRiLeZ, however, if you're still plagued by it, try entering the code manually instead of scanning the QR code.

TRiLeZ had to rewrite the plugin for IPB4 and it is possible that bugs exist in that as well, I will make a note of it thanks.

On 3/22/2016 at 6:49 PM, J M C said:

2 Factor should be working fine. Are you making sure that the entire bar code fits?

2 factor does not work for each account. I have tested and all but one worked. I can login to the website with the auth and password. But I cannot change my password, email, or login to the TriBot client. To be able to login, I have to disable auth. - Note: this was not found/tried on this account.