Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iFluffee

[Tutorial] Run Most Application Through a Proxy (Windows/Linux) Most Browsers and OldSchool Clients!

13 posts in this topic

How to Run Most Applications Through a Proxy on both Windows and Linux

Windows Instructions

Note: Chrome and Firefox portable do not work with WideCap.

1. Download WideCap from here (http://widecap.ru/en/download/)
2. Run through the installer, and launch WideCap, you should see this screen.
1464452cee.png
3.Go ahead and click on Settings (First option under the Widecap section on the left hand side). Then uncheck the box that says Run with system startup.
59fdbb3822.png
4. Now go ahead and click on New proxy (First option under the proxies section on the left hand side).
5.You should see this screen, in the top field enter the IP address and port (IP:Port format). Confirm that the protocol is set to SOCKS v5 (which is the default), and tick the box for Authentication if necessary. If using an authenticated proxy, enter your username in the login field, and obviously your password in the password field. Then hit the Create New button, next to Chain, and type in a name for your Proxy, then Hit OK
61b2026fb6.png
6. Now that you're back to the main screen, click on the Proxy List section (Second option under the proxies section on the left hand side). Right click on your newly added proxy, and click check selected, to make sure you entered all the information correctly. If the status field rolls over to OK, you're good to go, and can move on to the next step
d30a0e1f41.png
7. Find WideCap in your System tray, right click, and uncheck the box that says Enable Widecap.
11610f949c.png
8. Click on View Programs (Second option under the Programs section on the left hand side). Then drag and drop the icon for the application you want to proxify (run behind a proxy) into WideCap. WideCap supports the proxifying of both .exe and .jar files!
73c595fd6c.gif
9. Right Click on your newly added program, and click on Modify Application, you should see a similar screen depending on what you added. Then click on Create New... (to create a new rule)
581276e221.png
10. In the Chain tab, select the Proxy Chain you created earlier, then under the Main tab, give your new rule a name and hit OK. Then Hit OK again on the modify Application screen.
2138baa178.gif
11. Hit Apply and OK in the main window of WideCap, and then find it in your System Tray again, but this time click the box to Enable Widecap
12.Open your Proxified application, and check to see if the proxy worked! If your IP is changed, congrats, you've got WideCap working!

Linux Instructions (Based off of a Debian Installation)

1. Open a new terminal and run this command

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install -y proxychains

2. Now that proxychains is installed, we're going to go ahead and create a user specific configuration file. To do this, we'll make a directory, then copy the standard proxychains configuration file to it and change the ownership of the configuration file to your user. Run the command below as your user.

mkdir ~/.proxychains && cp /etc/proxychains.conf ~/.proxychains/proxychains.conf && sudo chown ${USER:=$(/usr/bin/id -run)} proxychains.conf && sudo chgrp  ${USER:=$(/usr/bin/id -run)} proxychains.conf

3. Once the command is finished, open the proxychains config file in your favorite Linux text editor, for ease of use, I'm going to use nano. To install nano run this command

sudo apt-get install -y nano

To edit the proxychains config file, with nano, run this command

nano ~/.proxychains/proxychains.conf

4. Now, what you'll want to do is scroll all the way down to the bottom, and you should see something like this
4837941af6.png

That last line that says

socks4    127.0.0.1    9050

That's the line we'll be editing. Firstly, we'll go ahead and erase everything on that line, don't worry we'll put it back. The format for the configuration file is

Proxy Type(lowercase) (tab) IP address (tab) Port (tab) Username (tab) Password

Therefore if your proxy was a Socks5 proxy, with an IP of 192.168.1.1, a port of 1080, a username of Fluffee and a password of TRiBot, your final line would look like this:

socks5    192.168.1.1    1080    Fluffee    TRiBot

So, go ahead and modify your last line to fit your own proxy and then hit Control+X to exit, and then hit Y to save (instructions are based off of using nano to edit the file).

5. Proxychains is now setup, but how do you use it? Go ahead and VNC into your Server and open a terminal, or open a Terminal inside your Desktop Environment (if using Linux installed on a PC). From there run the command proxychains followed by the application you would like to run, or the path to the application. For example, try running, if you have Firefox installed:

proxychains firefox

Then navigate to an IP checking website, and see if your proxy worked! :)

That concludes the tutorial on how to use a proxy with Oldschool or any browser, on both Linux and Windows. If you have any questions feel free to post in the comments!

Edited by iFluffee
6 people like this

Doesn't this basically just mean people can do this instead of purchasing Vip-E if they just want to use the proxy? :P

On 2016-03-17 at 7:30 AM, moiz.frost said:

chrome doesnt work

On 2016-03-17 at 7:33 AM, moiz.frost said:

Neither does firefox portable

You're right, Chrome is apparently incompatible with WideCap. I haven't tested Firefox portable, but I do know that the regular Firefox works fine with WideCap!

I have updated the original post to reflect this, thanks :)

1 person likes this

How will you go about running multiple instances of osbuddy/runescape on different proxies?

1 person likes this

On 3/17/2016 at 1:19 AM, Aibunker said:

Doesn't this basically just mean people can do this instead of purchasing Vip-E if they just want to use the proxy? :P

Yea, but VIP-E seems tailored towards goldfarmers and if you are running decent size goldfarm, cost of VIP-E is not that much and you are supporting development of TRiBot.

Just now, bzq said:

I do not recommend instal widecap, hacked after

The correlation between WideCap and you getting hacked is a coincidence and nothing more, you should however check through your PC as you've obviously picked up something nasty on the net, which you're going to need to deal with.

Love the guide, very detailed. I have one problem tho, when I right click the proxy and click "check selected" instead of status field rolling to "ok" It says "connection timed out". I assume there is something wrong with proxy? Please help this is the second proxy I have bought on Virmach both of them are timed out, whenever I try to login Tribot using them proxies I get an error message saying could not connect to specified proxy. Really appreciate some help, thanks

36 minutes ago, tadzeus said:

Love the guide, very detailed. I have one problem tho, when I right click the proxy and click "check selected" instead of status field rolling to "ok" It says "connection timed out". I assume there is something wrong with proxy? Please help this is the second proxy I have bought on Virmach both of them are timed out, whenever I try to login Tribot using them proxies I get an error message saying could not connect to specified proxy. Really appreciate some help, thanks

That's probably an issue on VirMach's end, try contacting their customer support!

1 person likes this

Sorry to bring up such an old guide (a brilliantly explained one I must say)

I have a question regarding WideCap - Is this a free to use proxy? Or must you own a proxy and use widecap to run it - im pretty confused