Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iFluffee

[Tutorial] Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to Botting: Part Two - All About Proxies

21 posts in this topic

Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to Botting: Part Two - All About Proxies

Welcome once again to Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to botting series. If you haven't already read part one, please do so here ([Tutorial] Fluffee's Ultimate Guide to Botting: Part One - Account Creation and Management). Today, we'll be focusing on proxies including: what are proxies, why should you use them, and of course how to use proxies. Once again I would like to point out that  I am in no way the most knowledgable person on this subject, and I do not know every thing there is to know about botting and the like. However, I do know a couple of things, and I'm happy to share those!

--What are proxies?--

Simply put, a proxy is a type of server, which you are able to access and run your internet traffic through. The idea of a proxy is that, when you typically access a website, they see your own IP address as that is where the connection is coming from. However, if you use a proxy, your internet traffic is first sent to the proxy server, and then from there sent to the website and the website see's the proxy's IP address and not your own.

--How are proxies relevant to botting?--

As TRiBot has grown as a botting site, more and more people began to try and start their own gold farms (running multiple bots to generate ingame currency which is usually sold), as these gold farms have grown so have the number of bans people are experiencing. As you would expect, when the number of bans started to increase, people began to take notice of their current botting setup to try and determine why the bans were occurring (so then they could prevent it). It was quickly discovered that when a user had multiple accounts all banned on one IP address, the IP address could become flagged by JaGeX and anytime botting was attempted from that flagged IP address the accounts would be banned extremely quickly; you may have noticed this phenomena in your own botting experience. To circumvent these flagged IP addresses, users began looking for a cheap way to change your IP address so they could continue botting and thus proxies became commonplace in the botting scene. Proxies allow you to now segment your bot farm, as instead of running all your accounts on one IP address, you can run some accounts on one IP address and some accounts on another!

--Should I be using proxies?--

Depending on the size of your bot farm, yes, you should definitely be using proxies. If you're planning on running multiple accounts at a time, you run the risk of having your IP flagged when you get banned. Which will result in all your bots on that IP address being banned, and any new bots you make from that IP address also being banned. Proxies allow you to keep your bot farm segemented, which means that if one proxy gets flagged only the accounts on that proxy get banned, while the rest of your accounts are safe from the flagged IP address as they are under a seperate proxy therefore a seperate IP address.

In short, yes if your bot farm includes multiple bots, you should look into using proxies.

--What type of proxies should I use with TRiBot?--

As of the time of writing, March 15th, 2016 TRiBot only supports SOCKS5 proxies (SOCKS5 being the connection method used when connecting to the proxy). Therefore, when you're looking for proxies, make sure to not get confused with HTTP, HTTPS or SOCKS4 proxies, as they will not work with TRiBot.

Now that that little rule is out of the way, we can focus on the actual types of proxies out there, which can be quickly grouped into three categories: Private Proxies, Premium Proxies, and Free Proxies. Don't worry, I'll give a quick rundown of each, so you can make an informed decision!

Free Proxies

Free proxies are, as you can assume, proxies which you can access for free, which also means other people can access them for free.

Pros of Free Proxies

- No monthly fees
- Lots of IP Options

Cons of Free Proxies

- No support
- Incredibly Slow
- High Potential for IP Address Flags
- Cannot control all users accessing proxies

Premium Proxies

Premium proxies are somewhere in the middle between Private and Free proxies. With Preimum Proxies, you do have to pay for access. However, what you're paying for is access to a pool of IP addresses. This pool is shared amongst the other users who are also paying for access. Thus giving you and all the other subscribers access to quite a number of proxies, for a relatively low price.

Pros of Premium Proxies

- Lots of IP Options
- Fast Speeds
- Low Cost per month
- Supported by companies

Cons of Premium Proxies

- Potential for IP Address Flags
- Cannot control all users accessing proxies

Private Proxies

Private proxies are proxies that you must pay to access and you typically pay per proxy with the idea that only you would have access to the proxy. For the Pros/Cons list, I'm assuming you have an honest provider, who sells each proxy to only one person.

Pros of Private Proxies

- Lots of IP Options
- Fast Speeds
- Control over who has proxy access
- Supported by companies

Cons of Private Proxies

- Can be expensive (Couple of dollars per IP)

--How do I use proxies with TRiBot?--

I could post an entire guide on how to do this, but luckily @Todd has already done this for me! You can see Todd's guide here https://tribot.org/forums/topic/26877-how-to-use-the-tribot-proxy-feature/

You can also select your proxy inside the bot, using the New Client (Advanced) Button, or right click on the tab in TRiBot and select "Set proxy", see the .gif below for further clarification

aa0295d5e8.gif

The Set Proxy feature is used when you want to use a proxy while botting with Looking Glass. For more explanation about how proxies work with Looking Glass, see this post by @TRiLeZ https://tribot.org/forums/topic/49479-notice-proxy-usage/

--How do I create accounts behind a proxy?--

The easiest method is to use a browser called Maxthon, which is one of the few mainstream browsers that natively supports authenticated proxies. There's a Windows download link here http://filehippo.com/download_maxthon/64220/

It's worth noting that at the time of writing the most recent version of Maxthon does not handle SOCKS5 proxies, to combat this I have linked the version I'm currently using, which does support SOCKS5 proxies.

A guide to setting up SOCKS5 proxies in Maxthon can be found here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRbLYwimhYk), thanks @Montreal

--How can I run OldSchool through a proxy?--

Use a program called WideCap or Proxifier on Windows or ProxyChains on Linux. A tutorial for this can be found here:

--How can I add proxies to TRiBot?--

As some of you may know, I've previously released an AutoHotKey tool for automatng the process of adding accounts to TRiBot (if you haven't the thread is here: https://tribot.org/forums/topic/50213-tutorial-release-fluffees-tribot-account-adder/). And as you can guess, I've realeased a similar tool for adding proxies to TRiBot. However, to keep this thread nice and tidy, you can find my proxy adding tool here:

Otherwise, you can follow @Todd 's tutorial linked above to add proxies to TRiBot!

--Wait, what about VPN's do I need those too?--

No, I would advise against a VPN, and here's why. A VPN is a Virtual Private Network, these are used commonly by people who torrent frequently, or want to remain anonymous online. With a VPN subscription (such as Cyberhost or Private Internet Access) you gain the ability to connect to servers provided by your VPN provider and thus run all your internet traffic threw the server and change your IP address. The reason VPN's do not work well for botting is that with a VPN subscription you gain access to a pool of IP addresses (the pool of IP's being the servers you can connect to) but that pool is shared with the other people who have subscriptions to that VPN. How does this relate to botting? Well, as botting has grown, so have the ban rates and JaGeX have started issuing IP bans, where every account attached to an IP address is permanently banned. Due to these IP bans, using a VPN with IP's that other can have access to, you have no control over what they do while connected to those IP's and for all you know, every IP address your VPN provides could be flagged by Jagex and every account you make could be banned thanks to those IP flags I spoke of earlier.

And that about brings this segment of the guide to the end, to overview, we've covered the different types of proxies you can use, should you use proxies, and then how to utilize and add those proxies to TRiBot. I hope you've enjoyed, and learned something from this lengthy guide, be sure to keep on the lookout for Part 3 :)

Edited by iFluffee
8 people like this

Great tutorial, I will be directing many people here to read this. Thanks for taking the effort to put it together, it's appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Montreal said:

Great tutorial, I will be directing many people here to read this. Thanks for taking the effort to put it together, it's appreciated.

Happy to help :)

very good stuff. 

Layed it out very layman for the beginners

No, I would advise against a VPN, and here's why.

ironically, my most successful bot in terms of gp and time, was on the VPN you listed. :)

rip gp

Do you have to use third party programs to utilize proxies through tribit or can they be utilized with only the tribot proxy tool?

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, HabbaTheJutt said:

Do you have to use third party programs to utilize proxies through tribit or can they be utilized with only the tribot proxy tool?

Thanks. 

Proxies can be utilized through TRiBot and that is the recommended method.

16 minutes ago, iFluffee said:

Proxies can be utilized through TRiBot and that is the recommended method.

Ahh. I reread the section I was referring to and realized that you were giving references for how to use those applications to route traffic through a proxy for applications other than tribot.

Thanks for the response anyway. :D

20 minutes ago, Kaloex said:

Should I only use 1 account per private proxy or should I use more?

I recommend and personally use 2 max per proxy.

The more you use on the same proxy, the more you risk getting chain-banned.

Edited by YoHoJo

I just got an account banned on 1 of my proxy after running it for 8hours should I make new accounts on that proxy or is that IP already flagged?

2 hours ago, Kaloex said:

I just got an account banned on 1 of my proxy after running it for 8hours should I make new accounts on that proxy or is that IP already flagged?

One account banned on a proxy rarely equates to the proxy being flagged, therefore I'd say you're fine to use that proxy again for botting

Anyone got a list of SOCKS5 Proxies? Sorry new to all this and accidentally got vyprvpn right before reading the part where that wont work :/

34 minutes ago, Thecoolwon said:

Anyone got a list of SOCKS5 Proxies? Sorry new to all this and accidentally got vyprvpn right before reading the part where that wont work :/

Try http://www.hidemyass.com they usually have proxies, although they're free and typically saturated.

I have used hide my ass VPN for a long time but when it comes to anonymous torrenting it fails to deliver the same kind of performance that's why I move towards Ivacy VPN which is has physical servers also compatible for torrenting and P2P file sharing.