Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrLemonwaters

Chinese Buy Runescape for $300 Million

37 posts in this topic

Why are people assuming a chinese company buying a company would ruin the game? Had this been an american company, no body would be bitching. All a bunch of racists lol.

Its very possible that this company will do good for jagex. Just because the last company added microtransactions doesn't mean the next company would be the same. Its in their best interest to remain profitable, therefore deterring the player base by adding more things that THEY KNOW we don't want will do the exact opposite. 

If the chinese purchase jagex, they will most likely still keep the same management team jagex has today. 

Why are people assuming a chinese company buying a company would ruin the game? Had this been an american company, no body would be bitching. All a bunch of racists lol.

Its very possible that this company will do good for jagex. Just because the last company added microtransactions doesn't mean the next company would be the same. Its in their best interest to remain profitable, therefore deterring the player base by adding more things that THEY KNOW we don't want will do the exact opposite. 

If the chinese purchase jagex, they will most likely still keep the same management team jagex has today. 

You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. Have you ever played a chineese MMO? If you thought the microtransactions were bad in RS3 you are in for a world of hurt. Additionally, this is a fucking mining company that is currently operating at a 50 million per year budget deficit. They are trying to cash out quickly, which means short term aggressive microtransactions. Look up the history of Chinese investors buying games. The history is there. 

Or you can just keep saying racist convince yourself that nothing will change.

3 people like this

You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. Have you ever played a chineese MMO? If you thought the microtransactions were bad in RS3 you are in for a world of hurt. Additionally, this is a fucking mining company that is currently operating at a 50 million per year budget deficit. They are trying to cash out quickly, which means short term aggressive microtransactions. Look up the history of Chinese investors buying games. The history is there. 

Yeah you're right, this has nothing to do with racism, it's just facts. This company is looking for a quick buck.

It's important to note that nothing is finalized yet though, the deal has not gone through, it's just early stages of talk.

People are bitching because China is known for pay to win free to play games.

Their client detection probably godly af, better hope they don't bounce the game like maple story. Used to farm MS for thousands as a 12 year old kid using hacks.

1 person likes this

And you're retarded for assuming that just because 1 chinese MMO has horrible micro transactions, that this would be the same.

"Look up the history of Chinese investors buying games"

http://www.cnet.com/news/league-of-legends-maker-riot-games-now-completely-owned-by-chinas-tencent/

Oh look, the biggest game right now is now fully china owned. Further, more than 90% of Riot games are now owned by Chinese companies. Now you tell me, how's league of legends looking so far? 

Give us your sources regarding the $50 Million deficit and I can stop assuming you're pulling this information out of your ass.

if this happens were done for boyz

1208-olympics-opening1.jpg?quality=0.8

1 person likes this

if this happens were done for boyz

1208-olympics-opening1.jpg?quality=0.8

they'll probably make runescape client based with game guard or some bull shit. GG botting rip

They might make a separate chinese version of the game for the market in China and could mean more market for bots :)

I don't think the Chinese company wants to change the game but that they want to introduce it to China cause it is fairly active in the West. Many Chinese companies know that what is working in China might not be as successful in other parts of the world and thus don't want to change anything but just expand the market.

Just like what Tencent did and is doing with Riot. They don't want to interfere with what is working in the West but just expand the market to China.

Hope this means big things for Runescape :)

Edited by Aibunker
1 person likes this

I can almost guarantee that they want to mine runescape for short term $$$$$$$

Mine with their own scripts and ban all the other botters? Make one huge off site gold/account selling site? Looks like i'm gunna have to look for a job lmfao.

Edited by Illuminati666

5 hours ago, Illuminati666 said:

I can almost guarantee that they want to mine runescape for short term $$$$$$$

Mine with their own scripts and ban all the other botters? Make one huge off site gold/account selling site? Looks like i'm gunna have to look for a job lmfao.

lol if they own it they just spawn gold xD, also ye i think there gonna sell gold aswell if they buy it... 

I mean even if they did sell a bunch of gold, then the only thing that's going to happen is the market for gold to drop. If there is so much gold being generated then prices will drop. Obviously "If" they (chinese) buy it they are going to bot the most profitable way meaning, they will make changes in the system somewhere that makes botting easy and profitable 
"for there scripts". Someone else will find that profitable way then it spreads. After a while you will just see gold become like $0.30/m.  This is just my opinion im not 100% sure on any of this lol I just like to brainstorm. But I do know as a fact people in chinese prison had to gold farm on world of warcraft back in the day and sell the gold to make money. Maybe the same basic thing. 

1 minute ago, qwerty159063 said:

I mean even if they did sell a bunch of gold, then the only thing that's going to happen is the market for gold to drop. If there is so much gold being generated then prices will drop. Obviously "If" they (chinese) buy it they are going to bot the most profitable way meaning, they will make changes in the system somewhere that makes botting easy and profitable 
"for there scripts". Someone else will find that profitable way then it spreads. After a while you will just see gold become like $0.30/m.  This is just my opinion im not 100% sure on any of this lol I just like to brainstorm. But I do know as a fact people in chinese prison had to gold farm on world of warcraft back in the day and sell the gold to make money. Maybe the same basic thing. 

If they were to own the company they could just spawn gold aswell....

3 minutes ago, cvd7171 said:

If they were to own the company they could just spawn gold aswell....

But do you think they are just looking to spawn a bunch of gold sell it and then, people buy it. You know how much money will come in the game. TONS. I don't think they would just spawn it when that would ruin the eco. Then people stop playing, Then there goes money from members, then people quit, sponsors don't sponsor lol. I don't think they will exactly spawn gold but I do think they will just make a huge gold farm.

2 hours ago, qwerty159063 said:

But do you think they are just looking to spawn a bunch of gold sell it and then, people buy it. You know how much money will come in the game. TONS. I don't think they would just spawn it when that would ruin the eco. Then people stop playing, Then there goes money from members, then people quit, sponsors don't sponsor lol. I don't think they will exactly spawn gold but I do think they will just make a huge gold farm.

Or they'd just go the same root as loads of other online games and sell gold on their official website. In the exact same way they already do with bonds.. Would be literally so pointless botting themselves.

Edited by WillB

14 minutes ago, MrLemonwaters said:

I think they're gonna sell gold probably lol

nah

1 hour ago, WillB said:

Or they'd just go the same root as loads of other online games and sell gold on their official website. In the exact same way they already do with bonds.. Would be literally so pointless botting themselves.

Yeah I will agree with twitch, I don't think they would do that. There is a method to their madness but what it is, is mysterious. 

6 hours ago, qwerty159063 said:

Why the hassle if the outcome is similar?