Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bjabr

OSLight: Ultra bare-bones OSRS Client (half the RAM of OSBuddy)

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

So after searching endlessly on github for a solid, bare-bones OSRS reflection client for all platforms (aka a JAR client), I finally decided to take the closest solution and modify it myself into a working, super low resource client.

You can download OSLight from my github here:

https://github.com/brandonjabr/OSLight/

4220peW.png

OSLight vs. The Rest - RAM Usage

OSBuddy

Comparing OSLight's base RAM usage to that of OSBuddy, OSLight seems to use about 40% that of the latter:

M4aYFki.png

FireFox (Web Client)

Taking into consideration that just having Firefox w/ one tab open takes 150-250MB on it's own, with the web client on top of that it's not even close:

rVW6evh.png

Official Runescape Client

Even Jagex's own client seems to have some extra weight:

k02N8ol.png

Virus Total Scan (thanks @Montreal):

q4SHXOw.png

Other User Reports

Here's @lmfaoown running OSLight at an unbelievable 98MB RAM...

9d1b5e0c16.png

Goals / Future Updates

Ultimately my intention for this is to provide a way for players/botters to:

1) Have a super low-resource client for better performance in general when needed.

2) More importantly, I'd like OSLight to be detectable by Tribot to use as a Looking Glass client. As of now it is not.

While it currently is useful for the first purpose, there's always room for improvement. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Edited by bjabr
3 people like this

@bjabr looks great, how is the cpu usage in comparison?

For users afraid to try it, the source is on github and virustotal scanned it as clean

q4SHXOw.png

1 person likes this

@bjabr does your client use less ram/cpu than a normal web browser?

I just checked using Firefox, Firefox uses lesser. ~124mb for me compared to 171mb, of his.

I just checked using Firefox, Firefox uses lesser. ~124mb for me compared to 171mb, of his.

rekt

Worked without any startup issues.  Good work, under 100mb of ram.

Edit: This is with me being logged in a populated world at Catherby fishing spots.

9d1b5e0c16.png

Edited by lmfaoown

Thanks @Montreal for the Virus Scan. 

@foebotting @plasmaftw, You need to take into consideration the memory FireFox itself uses, the Java applet loaded directly with nothing extra definitely uses a lot less than FireFox + the Web Applet.

@lmfaoown That's fucking unbelievable! 98MB RAM?? What are your computer's specs? Didn't think it could possibly go that low... 

Edit: Just added some comparisons for Firefox and the official Jagex client on my computer.

Edited by bjabr

To anyone that might use this client here are some things you need to be aware of.

1) Just because it is open source, doesn't mean the compiled jar is safe to use. This goes for all software, even outside of RuneScape.

2) Jagex's client detection may flag you as a bot and get you banned, even when playing legit.

Proof for 2): https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/4a9v1c/please_be_careful_when_it_comes_to_community/d0yp8mo

47icPif.png

2 people like this

@Encoded you are entirely correct, especially the second point. Always use third-party clients at your own discretion.

Edited by bjabr

Now you should create some kind of way to multiclient your client where it copys all clicks and keystrokes amongs the others =D

If this forum is still semi-active, I was wondering if there's was any solution for the random FPS drops that occur quite frequently and last for a few seconds. Any ideas?