Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

WillB

WillB Scripter Application

Does WillB deserve the scripter rank?   25 members have voted

1. 1. Does WillB deserve the scripter rank?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 posts in this topic

WillB Scripter Application

Snippets:

Tutorial: N/A

Randoms / Updates: N/A

Scripts:

WBBlastFurnace -

WBRockCrabs-

WBOgreKiller-

Short biography / coding experience:

I have been programming on/off for a few years now, I feel that I have progressed a lot recently hence why I have decided to re apply. I have some experience in Unity and Unreal Engine as well as doing various other projects in languages other than Java.

Reasons why you feel you deserve Scripter:

I feel I deserve Scripter because I enjoy programming, and am able to supply free quality scripts to the TRiBot users.

What you plan to provide the community with:

I plan to provide the community with plenty of free scripts, as well as any useful snippets I have and I may release some tutorials in the future. I will try my best to help people where I can.

Do you agree to continue to not only update, but provide more free, open sourced scripts to the community?

Yes.

@erickho123 I've been in the discord chat every day for the last 3 months. I have email notifications set up on all of my scripts and reply if I feel it is necessary.

Edited by WillB
3 people like this

No, your activity on the forums is very inconsistent. The last thing I would want is another scripter that just disappears after acheiving their rank.

1 person likes this

Based off your code I want to vote yes, but as Erick said I would like to see more activity on the forums. I will vote later.

About a month ago I came up with the initiative to give scripter applicants a small challenge before they can earn my vote. This is to help weed out applicants who don't necessarily understand the code they have included in their scripts. You happen to be the first applicant since that idea was conceived.

This challenge is completely voluntary and not required for your application to be accepted. However, it will be required to earn my vote and it may or may not influence the votes of other scripters. If you think the challenge is easy, then good, it should be.

Your challenge:

Filter Duplicates
Given an array of RSItems, create a method that removes the duplicates. Your method should have equivalent functionality to Inventory#filterDuplicates.
Assume the array of RSItems has a length greater than or equal to 2 and contains duplicates.

@WillB successfully completed the challenge. If any scripter would like to see his solution, please get in contact with me.
Edited by Encoded
5 people like this

I have no idea who you are. Some of your code is good, some is not. I tend to trust erick's opinions, and I won't stop here. No.

Yes from me.

Comments:

1. You should be constructing components on the EDT, not just setting your frame to be visible
  2. You are passing in the instance of your script into your gui possibly before it finishes constructing (don't do that)
  3. You don't need to create a new instance of the Variables class in every Task, make an accessor method in your Task class
2 people like this

Your code looks good to me. I think you're a capable scripter and you've been at tribot for a while now.

In terms of activeness, I know you're generally active on Skype but would like to see more activity on the forums too.

Overall, I think you deserve the rank so its a yes from me.

2 people like this

Just to clarify, your forum activity isn't that consistent the past 3 months. Although you are active on discord, that only makes up a small portion of the tribot community. This reason led me to vote no because the last thing I would want is another scripter leaving/going inactive after acheiving their rank.. which doesn't seem uncommon now these days.

1 person likes this

Yes. Your code is generally okay, forum involvement is a bit lacking but you've been here for a while and have released a decent amount of content.

3 people like this

Yes from me as well, welcome :)

3 people like this