Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Pinguin101

Ecommerce Shirt Site Design

5 posts in this topic

Haven't worked on this project in a while, want to start promoting soon. Want to know thoughts on the design, what things did you hate? What things (aesthetically) do you think would make you convert?

MeuK0.jpg

This is not the forum to request a critique on your website design, since most people here understand nothing about design whatsoever. Give this a try. : https://www.reddit.com/r/design_critiques/

1. There really isn't much of hierarchy when it comes to your website. The hierarchy should be company's logo, and not a banner. The design is very distracting, the first thing my eye catches is the banner. Tip : Get rid of the banner, and expand the header. 

2. I think the logo could definitely use work. It's not much of a logo, considering it's an acronym and then the company name below it. It seems vastly unprofessional to me. Tip : Make as many logos as you can, and compare/contrast each one of them until you have the superior one picked out. Create a logo that relates to the website! 

3. Move the social network icons to the bottom of the page, or create small icons for them at the top. It's creating dead space, that you cannot utilize. This is an E-Commerce website, you are selling a product, which should be the main focus. Tip : Expand your products to take up the dead space. 

4. I believe the website could definitely use some design work. Almost all companies are aiming for a minimalistic and clean look nowadays. I could go on and on about what is wrong in my eyes about it, but I would suggest looking at different website portfolios and you will see it for yourself. 

5. I would suggest hiring a designer who understands what a good design takes. Checkout websites live Fiverr, Elance, or even Freelancer to hire one. This website is a far ways away from being appealing to the eye, and I think the investment to hire a designer will be worth it. Think about it from a consumer's standpoint, would you be more willing to purchase from an E-Commerce website that is vastly appealing to the eye, or a website like this? 

I know you can make this website better, but it will take time, drafts and even money. I hope I was some help to pointing out some flaws that I noticed. If you want any other pointers, I'd be happy to help. Just PM me! 

2 people like this

1. Lol, you don't need to always follow the same formula for the header. But the distraction with the banner is a good thing to know. (I think what you are trying to say is more about the flow of the above the fold.)

2. I don't care about a logo...

3. Thanks.

4. Again this isn't about professionalism, it's for fun.

5. Lol, my day job is a designer for a real estate marketing company. Not looking to spend money on website designs, much rather put the money towards advertising, marketing, and shirt designs. But thanks.

Edited by Pinguin101

1. Lol, you don't need to always follow the same formula for the header. But the distraction with the banner is a good thing to know. (I think what you are trying to say is more about the flow of the above the fold.)

2. I don't care about a logo...

3. Thanks.

4. Again this isn't about professionalism, it's for fun.

5. Lol, my day job is a designer for a real estate marketing company. Not looking to spend money on website designs, much rather put the money towards advertising, marketing, and shirt designs. But thanks.

You may not care about a logo but a lot of other people do. If your logo is ugly, ain't nobody gonna rep it.

1 person likes this

You may not care about a logo but a lot of other people do. If your logo is ugly, ain't nobody gonna rep it.

I suppose so, but I've ran bare bone wordpress sites with default themes and just content. And as long as they see value in the content they don't mind. But I suppose it's a bit different from reg affiliate blogging vs ecommerce. Thanks for the input.