Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Losing 30 pounds

14 posts in this topic

Ok everyone I just lost about 20-30 pounds. I got really motivated one day and decided to walk everywhere that I wanted to go. The most I walked in a day was 5-7 miles. ( from my house to the store and back ) I also got to enjoy a few sites/views of the capitol where I live from walking. So it was generally always a nice walk/day. Since I was losing weight at the same time. Over the course of a few months ( 4-6 months ) I lost relatively a lot. I am happy with my success. And I think I look/feel x10 better. The reason I decided to walk everywhere simply because I was fat lol. Now I'm pretty skinny and don't have to be self conscious on the matter of me being fat. I recommend anyone who wants to lose enough weight, to walk where they have to go / take the bus.

On a second note. I did eat healthier and cut down on my fast food :P
I ate salad/and 1 meal a day ( dinner time ) with occasional apples/fruits along the way. I know not eating is bad for you, but believe me I kept all my nutrition. That was the biggest factor for me.
I am now about 210pounds with all my clothes on + boots according to the scale, when I was about 235-240 pounds. I feel a lot better and think I can take on the world now! so come try me! :P

On a better note. I went to Flordia, Disney world and had a great time cause of my weight loss.. I'm not going to show pictures simply because I don't want to. ;D

I spent around 80 dollars on bus pass's ( bought their full month cards )

I wasn't calculating miles walked. But it was a lot.

Thank you for your time and I hope you have as much success and motivation to lose weight!

- Height + Weight -

With clothes + boots on

Before 6"1 235-240 pounds

After 6"1 210 pounds

A Few Tips:

1. Be a little more active. Walk places

Run a few days out of the week.

Take the bus to places instead of driving.

2. Eat healthier, Fast food is NOT the answer.

3. Make sure you are getting your nutrition.

That's the biggest factor in this as we all know when you exercise.

4. Work out a little to gain the muscle you need.

DO NOT OVER WORK OUT.

Cant stress that enough.

5. Get a good sleep everyday.

Sleep is also one of the most important things, less sleep means

you are going to be tired and not fully energized for the day.

6. Go to places that you would enjoy going to.

Just randomly walking might lose you weight. But who wants to see trees?

Maybe when your running, Walking on the other hand is different. Go see some sites

Make your self a little happier in the process of your workout.

7. Leave a day for a break. Breaks are essential in this. Because you can over walk/workout

as we all know.

Play some runescape on your off days :P maybe watch tv do something non progressive in the workout schedule. Expect for eating healthier.

8. HAVE FUN. Always remember that. Losing weight isn't suppose to stress you out.

Its weight we need to lose not our minds!

Edited by Post
2 people like this

so you gotta be careful now, the weight you lost was because you let your body fall into starvation mode and a lot of the weight you lost was muscle and not body fat. There are two catagories of weight, lean muscle tissue and fat. You can do a body composition test and find out your body fat we'll use 30% for example. and say you're 200 pounds for a round number. 200 *  .30 = 60 pounds of body fat and 140 pounds of muscle. You do not want that muscle number to go down. you want that Body fat number to go down. If that muscle number goes down in the long run you just decrease your metabolism (lean muscle tissue directly affects your metabolism). So in conclusion the number on the scale means nothing, you could substantially look like you lost a lot of weight meanwhile you lost nothing if lets say you lost 10 pounds of body fat and put 10 pounds of muscle. 

The reasoning I say be careful is I see it all the time where people lose weight initially, but because they lost the wrong kind of weight due to severely restrictive diet, their metabolism takes a plummet and slowly but surely they put the weight back on and with excess. Eating 1 meal a day or making those meals salad is going to reak havoc on your body.

by no means take this as a negative, I am just kind of informing you what you did to your body. the food you eat keeps all of your bodies systems and tasks in check, and by cutting your calories like that you restricted those bodily systems to work at less efficiency which may hurt you in the long run.  

@Post if you would like some guidance on how to continue your weight loss journey the right way feel free to message me.

Source: I am a Personal Trainer

so you gotta be careful now, the weight you lost was because you let your body fall into starvation mode and a lot of the weight you lost was muscle and not body fat. There are two catagories of weight, lean muscle tissue and fat. You can do a body composition test and find out your body fat we'll use 30% for example. and say you're 200 pounds for a round number. 200 *  .30 = 60 pounds of body fat and 140 pounds of muscle. You do not want that muscle number to go down. you want that Body fat number to go down. If that muscle number goes down in the long run you just decrease your metabolism (lean muscle tissue directly affects your metabolism). So in conclusion the number on the scale means nothing, you could substantially look like you lost a lot of weight meanwhile you lost nothing if lets say you lost 10 pounds of body fat and put 10 pounds of muscle. 

The reasoning I say be careful is I see it all the time where people lose weight initially, but because they lost the wrong kind of weight due to severely restrictive diet, their metabolism takes a plummet and slowly but surely they put the weight back on and with excess. Eating 1 meal a day or making those meals salad is going to reak havoc on your body.

by no means take this as a negative, I am just kind of informing you what you did to your body. the food you eat keeps all of your bodies systems and tasks in check, and by cutting your calories like that you restricted those bodily systems to work at less efficiency which may hurt you in the long run.  

@Post if you would like some guidance on how to continue your weight loss journey the right way feel free to message me.

Source: I am a Personal Trainer

Yeah I know this already I tried to keep all my nutrition in order as it was a big factor with me when I was up everyday walking/taking busses to places. I also tried not to over-work myself by walking too much everyday.

Edited by Post

Yeah I know this already I tried to keep all my nutrition in order as it was a big factor with me when I was up everyday walking/taking busses to places. I also tried not to over-work myself by walking too much everyday.

your nutrition and food choices may have been fine, you were just not getting enough of it  and your body went into Island plane crash survival mode. 

your nutrition and food choices may have been fine, you were just not getting enough of it  and your body went into Island plane crash survival mode.

lol I think I was fine. I never felt dizzy or anything when I was walking so I think I kept it all in order

1 person likes this

It's great hearing people on the way to reach their goals. Small changes at a time I'd recommend, calc your tdee, and I'd highly recommend calorie counting, just cut around 500 calories a day of your tdee and you'll lose it in no time :).

It's great hearing people on the way to reach their goals. Small changes at a time I'd recommend, calc your tdee, and I'd highly recommend calorie counting, just cut around 500 calories a day of your tdee and you'll lose it in no time :).

See I was debating on getting those arm bands that tell you how long you've walked/calories lost.. but I was on a budget already. So had no money to buy one of those.

Keep up the good work.

That feeling when I'm trying to gain a bit of weight. My body simply has too fast metabolism, so I barely gain any weight. Today I ate some burgers too, and I'm probably stuffed for the whole day :/

Keep up the good work.

That feeling when I'm trying to gain a bit of weight. My body simply has too fast metabolism, so I barely gain any weight. Today I ate some burgers too, and I'm probably stuffed for the whole day :/

Odds are that you're not eating enough. Fast metabolism/slow metabolism is a myth in the general sense. Sure some people have conditions, but they're rare. You're not eating enough, unless your doctor says you have a glandular problem or a thyroid problem or something. 

I can easily gain/loose weight, 1 day on a diet and i loose 5 pounds.

Gz on your accomplishment 

Edited by Stan0606
1 person likes this