Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Myst1c

Stay Safe Botting [Hints/Tips/Tricks] Updated Weekly

17 posts in this topic

Hello all, I'm going to be giving out a few of my personal safety tricks that can lower ban rates and save you money. I've been around a while, just not here, and by a while I mean RSC using mouse macros. Some of you may remember SKlipz from a separate forum.

VIP72 (Caution | Only use if you actively monitor network traffic.)

• Ever get tired of repeatedly buying fresh SOCKS?
  • Ever want to use a SOCKS proxy that is within 5 miles of you geographically?
  • VIP72 offers thousands of SOCKS proxys and more are added hourly. "NOW: 33341 IP in 142 countries" (<--- 2/3/2016) 
  • $10 > 90 , $25 > 250 , $33 Unlimited Proxies.
  • They utilize check2ip , It checks which blacklist the IP is on if any, Jagex uses the black list like anybody else and you will get banned for playing on a blacklisted IP.

CCleaner

• This handy dandy little tool clears all of your cookies from all of your browsers.
  • Cleans unused/corrupted files to speed up your PC
  • Can disable unnecessary programs to speed PC startup.
  • Jagex uses cookies, let's get rid of those right?

Virtual Machines

• I personally use Virtual Box and can run 42 different windows on ''Bertha'' using Linux Mint.
  • I'd recommend no more than 4 unless you know how to setup a VM>VPN connection.

Hard Disc Serial Changer

• I've done a little bit of experimenting with this, if its a method Jagex isn't using, they will in the future.
  • You're hard drive no matter how many times you clean it will still produce a unique identifier that can only be assigned to your PC.
  • This program allows you to change the identifier, thus removing the link between any accounts off of the same device.

TMAC

• TMAC is a MAC spoofing program, it allows you to change your MAC address at a moments notice. I don't really see the need in TMAC I just say overall safety over a major loss any day ;)

Botting Techniques

• For all combat levels possible, AFK, start up a mouse macro and have it scroll through quest repeatedly while in a location that allows this (Bandits, NMZ, Etc). Mouse macros are not banned for some reason.
  • Take hourly breaks, just make them small. The more breaks your account takes the more human like it will look. If you set it it to take a 5-10 minute break every 45 minutes it will look far more human like than a 1 hour break after 3 hours. (We have to understand Jagex will use a baseline reading of players, not hardcore grinders.)
  • LG is your friend.
  • Never use more than 4 accounts to an IP.
  • Mules are your friend, I learned that the hard way during the original "Bot Nuke", 13 years worth of membership and over 4B worth of nats gone over night. The membership was unavoidable, the nats hurt.
  • If you are going to use multiple scripts for the same skill, try to keep them all to the same scripter. The sudden jump in event handling can catch a ban.
  • If training combat, find a few random NPCs in the middle of nowhere, this is the easiest way to not catch a ban. A few examples, 2nd floor Rogues castle: Bats in the dungeon with Glarials pebble.
  • (Less player reports + Looking glass = Safety.)

Account Aging

• I personally suggest aging the accounts with the AFK method, the older the account is the better.
  • If you can AFK 1-40 defense the ban rates on the accounts will drop (dependent upon your other botting methods, I did this experimentation with no outside variables introduced. All of the break settings for the accounts were identical, except some had been aged level 3's and some had been 1-40 AFK'ed right off tut island. The 1-40's are still going currently, the 3's are dead and have been for a week or so).

For answers to any of your other questions, just ask.

Edited by Myst1c
2 people like this

I'd rather let ABC deal with 'quest scrolling', not sure why i'd use a mouse macro for anti-ban...

All scripts appropriately using ABC and Tribot's API should be very similar, might be somewhat different in problem solving but hardly worth worrying about.

Jagex aren't going to use a public blacklisting system... As well as VIP72 using botnet connections in order to provide proxies:

https://blog.malwarebytes.org/botnets/2015/08/whos-behind-your-proxy-uncovering-bunitus-secrets/

I'm unsure why you'd need to run your own VMs either...

Some good solid info on this thread.

However, beware of using VIP72. Most of their IPs expire within several hours, so you'll have to be using new IP everytime. It can get very annoying if your IP is expiring every few hours and have to change the proxy. Which shouldn't be a problem ban-wise since many people use dynamic IPs these days but the fact that you have to close your client and re-start with new IP only to have it gone dead in couple of hours is real annoying.

I'd rather let ABC deal with 'quest scrolling', not sure why i'd use a mouse macro for anti-ban...

All scripts appropriately using ABC and Tribot's API should be very similar, might be somewhat different in problem solving but hardly worth worrying about.

Jagex aren't going to use a public blacklisting system... As well as VIP72 using botnet connections in order to provide proxies:

https://blog.malwarebytes.org/botnets/2015/08/whos-behind-your-proxy-uncovering-bunitus-secrets/

I'm unsure why you'd need to run your own VMs either...

Jagex, like any other major site out there, definitely does use the public black listing system.

Ever wonder why their forums are not full of spam.

AFK'ing is the safest way to train combats, botting will get you a ban if you are unlucky, AFK will not.

I've used VIP72 since it's inception, I've never had an issue from it, but I also monitor my network traffic heavily.

VM's? They are awesome. They allow you to afk on 10+ accounts with out catching a ban doing the scroll method i mentioned.

Some good solid info on this thread.

However, beware of using VIP72. Most of their IPs expire within several hours, so you'll have to be using new IP everytime. It can get very annoying if your IP is expiring every few hours and have to change the proxy. Which shouldn't be a problem ban-wise since many people use dynamic IPs these days but the fact that you have to close your client and re-start with new IP only to have it gone dead in couple of hours is real annoying.

May I ask the country/state you were using? I've had several in Ohio that have been running for a few months without issue.

Jagex, like any other major site out there, definitely does use the public black listing system.

Ever wonder why their forums are not full of spam.

AFK'ing is the safest way to train combats, botting will get you a ban if you are unlucky, AFK will not.

I've used VIP72 since it's inception, I've never had an issue from it, but I also monitor my network traffic heavily.

VM's? They are awesome. They allow you to afk on 10+ accounts with out catching a ban doing the scroll method i mentioned.

Public IP blacklists are generated by malicious activity, botting is not malicious and therefore they have no grounds to publicly 'blacklist' the I.P address.

May I ask the country/state you were using? I've had several in Ohio that have been running for a few months without issue.

The connections are piggy-backed by slaves in a bot-net, connections are going to hugely vary for obvious reasons.

Edited by Liam.

Public IP blacklists are generated by malicious activity, botting is not malicious and therefore they have no grounds to publicly 'blacklist' the I.P address.

The connections are piggy-backed by slaves in a bot-net, connections are going to hugely vary for obvious reasons.

You're not catching on to what I'm saying friend.

Those connections are linked to proxy services once they are flagged to spamming activity.

Jagex understands most of us here will be using proxies,

Here's a little experiment for you, get on a public VPN check the IP to make sure it has been flagged for spamming, and try to bot on that connection with an aged freshie.

I've already experimented with it, I want you to grasp what I'm trying to say.

flagged for spamming

I think it's you who does not fully grasp what I am attempting to say.

I think it's you who does not fully grasp what I am attempting to say.

If it is flagged for spamming by spamcop, you will be banned nearly instantly on RS attempting to bot.

I get what you are saying, I'm saying do a little experimenting, it will show you a lot you don't know about Fagex's ban system.

Tbh I wouldn't use the break handler. Humans take breaks, and more often than not, they don't log out. Instead they afk anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes, taking their mouse off screen.

If you were to have the break handler log off everytime it wanted to take a break, it would seem more bot like than human.

Tbh I wouldn't use the break handler. Humans take breaks, and more often than not, they don't log out. Instead they afk anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes, taking their mouse off screen.

If you were to have the break handler log off everytime it wanted to take a break, it would seem more bot like than human.

Add a bunch of random people at the G.E., Set up a screen capture, and record a nights worth of people logging in and out.

Humans logout far more than people tend to believe.

Add a bunch of random people at the G.E., Set up a screen capture, and record a nights worth of people logging in and out.

Humans logout far more than people tend to believe.

Yes, but the break handler just immediately logs you out, every single time. A lot of players log out from AFKing, something Tribot does not do at all.

Also I'm having a very hard time believing a simple mouse macro is going to be more effective than Trilez's anti-ban which is based on actual human data.

Yes, but the break handler just immediately logs you out, every single time. A lot of players log out from AFKing, something Tribot does not do at all.

Also I'm having a very hard time believing a simple mouse macro is going to be more effective than Trilez's anti-ban which is based on actual human data.

Ask anybody that still AFK trains, simple mouse macros (Like scrolling up and down on the quest list) do not get accounts banned.

That's how you can afk 1-99 defense at monks without a ban on a defense pure.

I misunderstood your response, I agree the AFK2logout does seem like it should be utilized.

Edited by Myst1c

Ask anybody that still AFK trains, simple mouse macros (Like scrolling up and down on the quest list) do not get accounts banned.

That's how you can afk 1-99 defense at monks without a ban on a defense pure.

I misunderstood your response, I agree the AFK2logout does seem like it should be utilized.

You could easily make a script do this and completely make VMs redundant.

Ahh, a fellow ClusterFlutterer victim. Lost 5 maxed combat accounts, one lvl 120 dung account, over 30 99's across multiple skillers, and about 5b worth pre-eoc gold. My two biggest losses were my maxed vesta/rapier/morrigans staker and my p-mod account. I really miss those days...being able to run soul wars bots for weeks at a time, suiciding combat, dungeoneering was literally unbannable...rip.

Great tips overall, I'm sure many will find this helpful.

Edited by chrismoon
2 people like this

What is "Looking glass" and how do i get it? I've heard it mentioned many times on this forum. 

1 person likes this

Looking glass is a way to make tribot undetectable. You need VIP-E to use it.

First load up a normal RS client or RSbuddy. Then start tribot and choose Client >> New client (looking glass). It will hook into the normal client and you can proceed as usual (start a script, etc.).