Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wub

First PC Build - DONE but won't turn on

10 posts in this topic

I just "finished" building my first PC with the help of a couple TriBot members.

However, it won't turn on.

I've made sure the PSU is fully clipped into the motherboard, aswell as making sure the 8PIN is clipped in fully.

I have quite a few cables from the PSU that aren't plugged in anywhere such as the PCI and a couple others, but I don't know if that's the issue or not, as I can't find anywhere to plug them in.

I believe the front panel cords are plugged in the right spot aswell.

Anyother ideas of why it won't turn on?

Tested power supply buy jumping the green/black wire? If that tests fine, remove motherboard from case and place it on a box and jump the power button headers on the motherboard. If it turns on then, it's shorting out in the case. Did you use the stand offs if this is the case?

powertripS.jpg

Have you plugged in these things from the case to the motherboard correctly? Check the motherboard AND case manual to see the proper setup. You probably missed something minor. 

Try taking a picture of the cables that aren't plugged in yet. 

Edited by Markus

On my first PC build I forgot to switch the on off switch on the power supply. Its usually the little things :)

1 person likes this

Do your components get power? (are the fans spinning?)

No. @TechnologyZ

Tested power supply buy jumping the green/black wire? If that tests fine, remove motherboard from case and place it on a box and jump the power button headers on the motherboard. If it turns on then, it's shorting out in the case. Did you use the stand offs if this is the case?

@Duhstin Sorry, what do you mean "jumping the green/black wire"? 

I didn't use the standoffs, perhaps this could be the problem. But I think my case has built in raised parts? Because I couldn't figure out how to install the standoffs correctly without raising the MOBO too high.

powertripS.jpg

Have you plugged in these things from the case to the motherboard correctly? Check the motherboard AND case manual to see the proper setup. You probably missed something minor. 

Try taking a picture of the cables that aren't plugged in yet. 

Yes, they're in the correct spot I believe.

I'll take a picture when I can, thanks!

On my first PC build I forgot to switch the on off switch on the power supply. Its usually the little things :)

@wussupwussup

Haha, the power switch is on :(

Edited by Wub

@Wub If you have the 24 pin power connector on the MOBO, and the 8 (or 4) pin CPU power connector on the mobo and it is not getting any power (fans spinning, beeping, etc) then your PSU is either DOA or you have the inputs from your PC case incorrectly plugged into your Mobo