Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adventure_Time

My Goldfarming Progress.

20 posts in this topic

Nothing flashy, just posting my progress to keep track of my actual profits/cost/etc. The purpose for this is for me to really evaluate whether the profit is worth my time, and share that with the community.

I've been botting on and off for a while now, since long before RS3/07 were a thing. I've ran farms that netted $2000/week (mass 91 Rcers early during 07 when bans were non-existant, WTB time machine to go back to that!). I've ran farms of over 100 accounts (extremely painful maintenance.).

Now that bans are frequent, and methods are cannibalized by the masses, I've been trying to find a happy medium between bans/profit per hour/time invested. I think I've found a happy medium finally.

I am running a private merchanting script that I've written. It works similarly to the ones avaliable here, except that the accounts can communicate with each other. The trick is to keep the accounts logged in for the least amount of time possible. I feel like the reason world hopping scripts tend to have lower ban rates is that the less you're actually online, the less likely you're going to be reported, seen by a mod, or get flagged as bot by their systems).

So, what my script does is this. It has one account that spends a good amount of time online, and it tests margins. It buys/sells items instantly and sends it to a database, which the other accounts utilize to determine the price to buy items at. What this does is allows my accounts to simply set their offers and log off. They don't have to each determine their own margins. They can, however, after a certain amount of time without a successful buy request that the margin checker reevaluate said item. So the margin checker is constantly buying/selling items for the other accounts.

Also, I have written it so that no two accounts will ever be buying the same item at the same time. Each account is given a priority. The highest priority account that is not on their 4hr limit for that item will buy said item. I have also written it so that the highest potential profit items are always bought first. That is, those with the highest overal profit point (an item with a 10gp margin but 10k limit > a 50gp margin but 1k limit, because 100k total profit vs 50k).

Anyways, I have about 15 accounts running at any given time. I usually start them up around lunch time, (12-2PM) and run them until I go to sleep (1-3AM). The main reason I'm doing this is the fact that many of these accounts have hundreds of mills on them. For me, bans almost always come between 4AM-10AM my time (9-3 in Jagex's timezone). Losing even one account would be a huge loss, and for that reason I find it safer to not run 24/7. If i ever feel confident enough to run 24/7, or have enough stockpiled cash that I am willing to risk it, I may. (I take all the cash off the accounts when I go to sleep).

Anyways, I'll list my Progress below:

I'll also list my 'upkeep cost', which will include proxies, vip-e, and bonds on a cost per day basis.

Day 1: (1/30/2016)

Accounts Ran:      10

Runtime:               1PM-1:30AM

Raw Profit:            90M

Upkeep:                04M

Net Profit:              86M

Day 2: (1/31/2016)

Accounts Ran:      12

Runtime:               5:00PM-1:30AM (Wasn't home to start bots @ 1PM)

Raw Profit:            87.5M

Upkeep:                4M

Net Profit:              83.5M

Day 3: (2/1/2016)

Accounts Ran:     10

Runtime:              1:00PM-1:00AM

Raw Profit:           95M

Upkeep:               04M

Net Profit:             91M

Day 4: (2/2/2016)

Runtime:              2:00PM-1:00AM

Raw Profit:           85M

Net Profit:             81M

Day 5: (2/3/2016)

Runtime:              1:00PM-1:00AM

Raw Profit:           79M

Net Profit:             75M

Day 6: (2/4/2016)

Runtime:              3:00PM-1:00AM

Raw Profit:           87M

Net Profit:             83M

Day 7: (2/5/2016)

Runtime:              2:00PM-1:30AM

Raw Profit:           83M

Net Profit:             79M

Edited by Adventure_Time
2 people like this

Nice write up! Good luck with your goldfarming :) Looking forward to more progress

That's pretty amazing, bet it requires lots of capital, thus being a risk. Still very nice though. Script must have been a bitch to code :P

Day 2: Didn't start bots until later, wasn't home/able to start them @ 1PM. Still made a fair amount of GP though. Hoping to find new things to flip to push up profit/hr just a little bit more! I want to break 100m net GP per day :)

Looks good mate, well done writing a script like that. G.E flipping is probably the best risk/reward thing to farm at the moment, and it takes actual knowledge since nobody is going to just give away their item lists, so props on that.

One little thing though, "I feel like the reason world hopping scripts tend to have lower ban rates...", not sure if this was the case in the past but Jagex absolutely have world-hopping heuristics now, they've even mentioned it on streams. I've found scripts which constantly world-hop actually have a higher risk of seeing bans these days.

Looks good mate, well done writing a script like that. G.E flipping is probably the best risk/reward thing to farm at the moment, and it takes actual knowledge since nobody is going to just give away their item lists, so props on that.

One little thing though, "I feel like the reason world hopping scripts tend to have lower ban rates...", not sure if this was the case in the past but Jagex absolutely have world-hopping heuristics now, they've even mentioned it on streams. I've found scripts which constantly world-hop actually have a higher risk of seeing bans these days.

My thought (and I could be wrong because nobody really knows), would be that when you are completely logged out of the game, your client technically is currently not associated with any account. So, any mouse movements you make before your script hits that enter to log on button shouldn't be attached to your account. Obviously anything you do while online still would be tracked and analyzed, but I guess the point I was trying to make in regards to this script is that my accounts spend only a few minutes every hour actually online (other than the margin checker).

I've also considered writing a script like this for RS3. Obviously I'd have to utilize a different client, but if bans work similarly in RS3/07, I could potentially double my profit numbers.

Actually sounds like a really cool and stable system. Beats spending 3 hours to create accounts just to have them banned the next day.

I have a few questions if you don't mind answering:

1.) How many bots are on each proxy?

2.) How do you choose which proxy provider is reliable/safe? (Won't get your account locked/banned)

3.) How long have you been doing this for?

Cheers to all the success!

Edited by the519

Actually sounds like a really cool and stable system. Beats spending 3 hours to create accounts just to have them banned the next day.

I have a few questions if you don't mind answering:

1.) How many bots are on each proxy?

2.) How do you choose which proxy provider is reliable/safe? (Won't get your account locked/banned)

3.) How long have you been doing this for?

Cheers to all the success!

1) 1.

2) Go outside tribot. Everyone here is a re-seller, meaning they bought their proxies for less. I pay 60c/m for my proxies as a guideline. I've never had an account locked/banned for using a proxy. Make sure to create the account on the proxy, and it shouldn't ever get locked.

3) Botting? For a long long time. Goldfarming? Since OSRS release roughly. This method? Like a week.

1 person likes this

Still going well, profits dipped a bit (Down to like 75m/day) because margins narrowed on some of the items I use. Trying new ones every day. I can't really make more accounts unless I can find more items that are worthwhile to flip.

I might try and branch out into a few other methods to improve profit/day. I eventually want to write an adapted version of this script for RS3, but I just don't have the time.

I'm going to try to level a few (right now i'm just leveling 10 -- incase some get banned a long the way) accounts to do 2-3 methods that require high skill levels, but make 1m+/hr. My hope is to slowly level these up and then try to run them conservatively in hopes that they don't get banned. My goal here is minimizing my daily setup required.

If that doesn't work, I'll start doing my old method of mass accounts doing lower GP/H methods, but I tend to get burnt out very quickly. (Making like 100 accounts a week is tedious. Even if all I have to do is hand make the account and then hit play on a script, the 6 minutes or so I spend per account is like 10 hours a week of mind numbing boredom).

Wish i knew your method haha

Just read your post and seen you flip... is this tau's script or a private script that actually flips

Edited by HaydenTaylor

Wish i knew your method haha

Just read your post and seen you flip... is this tau's script or a private script that actually flips

He said he made his own

nice mate, hm did u invest on each acc to make that 9m per acc? p day

what items mats/supplies/armor?