Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wub

How to install SSD into PC?

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I'm working on building my own PC, however I know nothing about it.

My case didn't come with a SSD carrier, so do I need to buy one? 

Also, if I buy a CPU cooler, do I just not install the cooler that came with the processor?

Sorry for the idiotic questions, I truly don't know much about computers / building one.

If your case doesn't have any 2.5" bays, you'll want some sort of 3.5" to 2.5" adapter. Alternatively though, since SSDs have no moving parts, you can just tape it somewhere or let it hang loose if you don't mind the look.

You really only need an aftermarket CPU cooler if you're planning on overclocking, or want your computer to be slightly quieter.

1 person likes this

I left my ssd hanging around since my case didn't have a 2.5" mounting area.

I ordered some 3.5 to 2.5 from aliexpress and they came this week. I've been like 7 months without one.

Screw the ssd into the mount, you'll see screw mounts on the sides of your ssd, screw them into that, place in desktop case like a normal hard drive, plug sata and power cable in and done, and you may have to allocate the drive to be recognized

EDIT: if you don't have a 3.5 to 2.5 mount just let that bitch hang or lay case flat until you can pick one up on like Amazon or local computer store

Edited by Jonathan35797

In addition, if you're not building conservatively and may pick up an i7(i would recommend the i7-4790k) you shouldn't have to worry to much about heat or over clocking as I sometimes run up to 15 bots(non LG) at a time and my cpu% only be around 50%

My SSD has double-sided tape on it stuck to the tray lol. If you buy a CPU cooler, you would not use the one that came with your CPU

1 person likes this