Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HaydenTaylor

Jagex thinks this stops goldfarming?

24 posts in this topic

• Finally in September 2013 we began focusing on wiping out Gold Farmers, by introducing Bonds. This, along with constant updating of BotWatch, has kept ‘dodgy activity’ at record low levels, in fact rock bottom in the main game.

I know this is an old update by jagex, but still, is it just me or has goldfarming become more profitable due to bonds? I can buy a bond for 2.5m and make that back in less than a day..

In my opinion, jagex fucked themselves in the "stopping goldfarmers" department by introducing the bonds.

1 person likes this

Jagex gave goldfarmers more motivation by introducing bots, because for a lot of people bots dont last over 2 weeks. So they need less time to earn back the membership, resulting in more profit.

1 person likes this

meh it's gr8 gp sink

How is it a gp sink though? Non of the gold is removed from the game as you are buying bonds from other players with rsgp, and not buying it from jagex with rsgp.

Jagex sells bonds for irl bucks btw :P

How is it a gp sink though? Non of the gold is removed from the game as you are buying bonds from other players with rsgp, and not buying it from jagex with rsgp.

Jagex sells bonds for irl bucks btw :P

You pay to make bonds tradeable

The reason why Jagex thought bonds would help help eliminate goldfarmers is because with the introduction of bonds, players can purchase RSGP from Jagex (indirectly) by purchasing a bond, making it tradeable, and then selling the bond on the GE. 

2 people like this

My theory- 

Some gold farms would use their gold buyers credit cards to purchase membership, and then the customers would file a claim and jagex would have to return the money. They were losing money by this, so by having legitmate players buy bonds through their site, they could insure the payments by connecting their accounts to the buying and gold farmers can now purchase membership via ingame. 

1 person likes this

My theory- 

Some gold farms would use their gold buyers credit cards to purchase membership, and then the customers would file a claim and jagex would have to return the money. They were losing money by this, so by having legitmate players buy bonds through their site, they could insure the payments by connecting their accounts to the buying and gold farmers can now purchase membership via ingame. 

It's a lot simpler than that; Jagex just wanted players to be able to purchase RSGP through them rather than through 3rd party sellers.

2 people like this

I probably wouldn't bot if there werent bonds. thank god we don't have to swap to rs3 anymore to buy them

As a matter of fact: 

Jagex does not want to eliminate goldfarmers.

The only reason Jagex keeps telling that they will stop bots is because Jagex wants the admiration of the legit players.

Goldfarmers give Jagex huge profits and revenue each year. Even when buying bonds, Jagex still wins real world money, because someone has to buy bonds with $ to add them in game:

Goldfarmers buy a lot of bonds >>>  bond price rises >>> stupid players buy with real money to sell bond at high price >>> jagex cashes in the money

It's that simple.

Edited by dragon.knight12377
1 person likes this

As a matter of fact: 

Jagex does not want to eliminate goldfarmers.

The only reason Jagex keeps telling that they will stop bots is because Jagex wants the admiration of the legit players.

Goldfarmers give Jagex huge profits and revenue each year. Even when buying bonds, Jagex still wins real world money, because someone has to buy bonds with $ to add them in game:

Goldfarmers buy a lot of bonds >>>  bond price rises >>> stupid players buy with real money to sell bond at high price >>> jagex cashes in the money

It's that simple.

This guy has smacked it on the head. 100% the facts.

they selling gold named bond, thats it. imagine how many bonds are banned daily, jagex just takes payment, like government take taxes.

On January 24, 2016 at 10:12 AM, TacoManStan said:

It's a lot simpler than that; Jagex just wanted players to be able to purchase RSGP through them rather than through 3rd party sellers.

This

Bonds cost $6 lmfao, obviously we pay $2.50-$3.00 of gold for them, but some tard is paying $6 for that bond, you are indirectly paying $6 for 14 days of membership to jagex.  Cheaper membership for us, higher profits for them, and they get to actually ban us quicker and make it look like they want to stop goldfarmers (so we do have to do more work now and make more accounts because of it)

Edited by Diabolic

On 4/11/2016 at 9:16 PM, Diabolic said:

Bonds cost $6 lmfao, obviously we pay $2.50-$3.00 of gold for them, but some tard is paying $6 for that bond, you are indirectly paying $6 for 14 days of membership to jagex.  Cheaper membership for us, higher profits for them, and they get to actually ban us quicker and make it look like they want to stop goldfarmers (so we do have to do more work now and make more accounts because of it)

You might be onto something. so should i be purchasing membership with my gold @ g.e.?

Wow

On 4/11/2016 at 9:16 PM, Diabolic said:

Wow you saved me A lot of money lmao

16 hours ago, kylezell said:

You might be onto something. so should i be purchasing membership with my gold @ g.e.?

Yes, that also leaves no trace of a credit card (10 accounts linked to the same card).  I don't know if they actually track that but it's best to not associated any of your bots with each other.

I really think that jagex likes botters, they keep the economy stable. If they would really want to solve, they could in 30 minutes. Build a script and auto-perma-ban all lvl 3's with 1 high skill. Who the hell plays legit a lvl 3 with 70 fishing in 24h str8? 

Jagex loves us, and i hate jagex. Simple.

Edited by dragon.knight12377

We're obviously the reason rs is still alive.. Of course they love us. 

They would have sunk many years ago without botters I reckon. XD 

I wonder what the ratio of legit/non-legit players is currently. I remember when reflection bots died the world totals were more than halved for months.

In theory someone has to be buying the bonds from jagex or none would be traded on the grand exchange. If no ones selling bonds and gold farmers are trying to buy them the price is going to skyrocket and all a sudden it will be cheaper to buy a bond from jagex than it is ingame.

Constant demand for bonds means there will be a supply which means jagex is selling bonds to someone lol

I sometimes wander if jagex actually understands the good we do to their game.

What if they really want to get rid of us but they are too morons and can;t figure a way?

I mean, we talk about the guys that choose the canceling of wilderness and free trade , so I am sure they are not very smart.

By the way,  I will never forgive them for doing the above mentioned. That day ......

Botters... excelsior. We will never stop.