Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

moiz.frost

Optimum processor for LG bot?

23 posts in this topic

RIght now all I need to know whether amd 8350 8 core processor is sufficient to run 7 - 8 looking glass bots as I'm building myself a new PC for botting only. Since LG eats up CPU cores rather than graphics, would you opt for 8350 or intel ?

Thanks.

Edited by moiz.frost

You should go Intel if you really need more performance for LG.

Try looking up the prices for Xeon E3, i7s, etc.

You should go Intel if you really need more performance for LG.

Try looking up the prices for Xeon E3, i7s, etc.

I'm asking that if someone with 8350 had a good experience running LG clients.

for 7-8 LG u gonna need a god mode PC i got a i7 and can only run about 5 max with LG 

for 7-8 LG u gonna need a god mode PC i got a i7 and can only run about 5 max with LG 

I can also run 5 max with i7, but I've seen people use 8350 for botting.

Edited by moiz.frost

I can also run 5 max with i7, but I've seen people use 8350 for botting.

let me know if it made a difference if u decide to buy it :P

I run 9 lg client smooth with my amd smooth cpu at about 80-90

80 - 90% usage ? And 9 smooth LG clients with 8350? What model of amd are you using?

@2 Ridiculous

Edited by moiz.frost

If gold farming, I suggest just using normal client. Then after updates, use LG on some of your bots incase they implented detection for bot. This is what I do. I got a few f2p miners that are 90+ mining without LG.

On 1/23/2016 at 11:51 PM, Duhstin said:

If gold farming, I suggest just using normal client. Then after updates, use LG on some of your bots incase they implented detection for bot. This is what I do. I got a few f2p miners that are 90+ mining without LG.

How long do you bot each day and what are you mining? 

1 hour ago, rsproject said:

How long do you bot each day and what are you mining? 

I was going for 15ish hours a day, with 5-30min breaks every 4-5 hours. I no longer run miners though. Not because they started getting banned or anything, it's just there wasn't enough profit there.

23 minutes ago, Duhstin said:

I was going for 15ish hours a day, with 5-30min breaks every 4-5 hours. I no longer run miners though. Not because they started getting banned or anything, it's just there wasn't enough profit there.

Alright, I might make a few mining bots. You botting any other popular methods atm?

Just now, rsproject said:

Alright, I might make a few mining bots. You botting any other popular methods atm?

Green dragons.

2 minutes ago, Duhstin said:

Green dragons.

Are you using usa's gdk bot? And also what are the ban rates like?

In my oppinion, from my personal experience,

Runescape was made back when there were no graphics cards, and no multi core procesors.

Dual core procesor is the best thing you can get your hands on.

I dont know if the LG is using graphics card/multiple cores, but i can assure you that tribot/runescape 2007 client uses only 2 cores, and doesnt even touch the graphisc card.

On 4/19/2016 at 5:36 PM, dragon.knight12377 said:

In my oppinion, from my personal experience,

Runescape was made back when there were no graphics cards, and no multi core procesors.

Dual core procesor is the best thing you can get your hands on.

I dont know if the LG is using graphics card/multiple cores, but i can assure you that tribot/runescape 2007 client uses only 2 cores, and doesnt even touch the graphisc card.

I assume he wants to run more than one client.

Intel has stronger cores than AMD. More cores do not equal more performance. What is your budget?

1 hour ago, JBeer said:

I assume he wants to run more than one client.

Intel has stronger cores than AMD. More cores do not equal more performance. What is your budget?

Of course this is what it wants, like any botter.

And my point is the same as yours: more cores is not equal to more botting power, especially because runescape is not designed to work with more cores. It will just focus on the first 2 cores and ignore tre rest.

Since intel has few powerfull cores, this would be his best choice.

I use myself intel core i3-6100cpu 3.70ghz, and i can run 20 bots with no problem. I have never forced it, but i think it could carry 25 mabe 30 or even more if you overclock it. But as I run bots 24/7, overclocking would burn my fucking mine lol

@JBeer please add me on skype bro, because i want to chat with you :) skype name is: dragon.knight12377

4 hours ago, dragon.knight12377 said:

Of course this is what it wants, like any botter.

And my point is the same as yours: more cores is not equal to more botting power, especially because runescape is not designed to work with more cores. It will just focus on the first 2 cores and ignore tre rest.

Single threaded program can only use one core(thread), but if you run multiple single threaded programs, they will be offloaded to different cores(threads). OS handles how your threads will be executed and it is upto developer to support their programs to be ran on multiple threads.

I don't currently use Skype.

1 hour ago, JBeer said:

Single threaded program can only use one core(thread), but if you run multiple single threaded programs, they will be offloaded to different cores(threads). OS handles how your threads will be executed and it is upto developer to support their programs to be ran on multiple threads.

I don't currently use Skype.

So you say that even a 20 core procesor will do just fine, thanks to the os handeling the resources? Thats great :D Still, i belive intel is better than amd