Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Usa

Account Security

15 posts in this topic

Hello TRiBotters, this is a PSA regarding Account Security.

Recently I've seen a growing number of Account Security issues leading to more Account Recovery requests.

While your security and anonymity at TRiBot is taken very seriously, some related sites have had issues protecting your account information. As you may already know, various black market, private servers, and other clients have had their databases compromised and dumped. 

What this means for you is if you are using the same username and password across all sites, your TRiBot account may be at risk.

What we advise,

• Use a unique password at TRiBot different from all other sites (longer, more symbols, more characters the better)
  • Never share your account details or type them anywhere else but at TRiBot forums or the client.
  • Enable Google Authenticator for extra account security.

How do you use Google Authenticator?

If you are aware that you are using the same password across all sites, we recommend you change your password at TRiBot to something unique to keep your account safe.

Thanks and happy botting!

TRiBot Staff

6 people like this

Use the google authenticator. It's honestly really worth it if you value your information.

All you need is a smart phone and the app.

Edited by Sphiinx

never used google auth how often do you have to use the app ? each log in ? or 1 time a IP ?

1 person likes this

never used google auth how often do you have to use the app ? each log in ? or 1 time a IP ?

1 person likes this

Secure your account folks! i about lost my mind yesterday because one of my farm accounts got "hacked"  lost about 50m 

now the loss of the gp wasnt a big deal what really got me is how in gods name someone got my pass/user ! 

PS.

I work in IT and im studying IT security so most of my stuff uses a 16 character password lower upper case, anti virus and any registry changes to be prompted. (just basic stuff  straight out of Da book)((key-loggers are soo 2002))

After about 2 hours of research and and 3 hours of crying to YoHoJo trying to blame Tribot i figured out some prick from Taiwan managed to gain access to my old fb account, found out my old email account recovered it and then found my old password sheet in a draft folder (i know never write down passwords but this sheet had 30+ users/ pass most obsolete) anyway  so the prick gained access to one account and cleaned it.

To summarize, in this day and age you really arent safe, take the extra step and  follow good habits such as resetting your password monthly for all systems  and if your not using an old email or FB or twitter to simply delete it. Otherwise they may take a whole lot more than 50mill. To me thats a small price to pay for a good reminder. 

Tribot was revered and dumped a while ago. Also Runescape's protocol has been figured out and a formgrabber has been written. Toodles 

Tribot was revered and dumped a while ago. 

That's not true.

That's not true.

Actually you're partially right. I spoke to said person about this. I was wrong about your db being dumped. The bot was "cracked" in the past by someone who had Spoofed the SSL server and patched GetAddrInfo during runtime for any authentication requests to come to said server.

I hope the procedure for the bot has been improved upon since.....

Edited by True_Mako

I think this should be considered general advice for all accounts on any site, nut just on tribot.

Its best to have a unique password for each acount, and have the accounts and passwords stored offline, on a physical piece of paper, handwritten.

Unless bulgrals are interesed in your tribot account, you will be preety safe xD

Thank you for a good reminder, one easily gets lazy after a couple of years :P used to be so paranoid changing passwords every week but as the years passed by it started taking longer and longer in between. Well now I'm updated nearly every online account :-)

Even then, (not really about passwords but a good habit to pick up) is making back ups for your computer if you're working on important files.

I do that with all my homework and other projects.

If you reset your password you are automatically logged in to Tribot with no authentication code required, may want to bring this up to Trilez.